main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Should As Strangers We Meet- JA repost Epilogue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer_Leona , Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Obi! You deserve a big slap up-side the head for that little trick you pulled! And I hope it's Danni that gives it to you! :p

*Snicker* Will Ferrell as Mufasa. Classic!

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Kynstar - Heh, glad you enjoyed the surprise.

Layren - When will we ever find out why Obi did this?? ;) Probably real soon.

Jaxx - Welcome, and yep, he shot him! LOL! *helps Jaxx off floor*

Diane -Thanks, you can understand why I just had to end the post there. It's just so fun! :D :D

Athena - I love the reactions, especially when people say it's great, and I understand exactly how you mean! LOL!

Arwen-Jade, it's only been a couple days and being a sort post I'll add more right now. :D :D

Kitara - Not to bad though huh?

Ish - It's so fun to really surprise people.

Miana - Thanks! :D :D

Mouse - Well, she has once, guess it just didn't take.

Okay, bacause it was short and I cliffie I'll put up the next part.

Danian watched as the Jedi opened the door, heard the discharge of a blaster accompanied by a bright flash of light, then suddenly the large man was flung into the wall.

"Obi!" she screamed wildly, having no idea what had happened, her priority of concern being her mate.

Instantly, Obi-Wan stepped through the door, rushing to where the Jedi had fallen.

"What are you doing?" Danni asked in shock as Obi-Wan rummaged through the downed man's clothes, a determined look on his face.

"Here, take this," he passed the lightsaber to her.

"Is he dead?" she stammered, gazing sickeningly at the Jedi's chest. His shirt and jacket were still smoking from where the energy blast had burned them away, leaving a large blistered wound.

"I only stunned him, but I had to use a strong setting to make sure he?d be incapacitated.? Obi-Wan started checking for any other weapons hidden among pockets.

"But he's injured." she reasoned.

"He'll survive," came the indifferent answer.

Danian stared at Obi-Wan in disbelief. She had never seen him so cold. And to act so seemingly out-of-hand. She may have only met the man hours before, but she had always had a keen sense of people. There had been nothing she sensed to warrant such abnormal behavior from Obi, such downright maliciousness. The man had only moments before shown her compassion, offered her comfort, and now here she stood back in paralyzed shock while her mate rifled the man's pockets.

Obi-Wan looked up from his position over the fallen man seeing the stricken look on Danni's face, sensing her thoughts. "Danni, you don't understand," he said mournfully. The appalled look in her eyes sent a stabbing pain to his heart.

"He's not who he says. I don't have time to explain. Please Danni," he implored humbly, "trust me."

Torn by what her mind told her was wrong with what she felt in her heart, that Obi would never do something like this without good cause, she hesitantly nodded in agreement.

"Find me something to tie him up with and a med-kit," he directed hurriedly.

Danni quickly searched the cabin. Finding a coil of rope, she tossed it to Obi and continued her search for a med-kit. By the time she found one hidden under the control panel in the cockpit, Obi had the Jedi's legs tied together and his arms secured behind his back.

Opening the med-kit, Obi dumped the contents out, grabbing each item and examining it closely.

"What are you looking for?" Danni inquired, still somewhat disturbed by his behavior.

"Something to keep him sedated," he answered holding up a vial.

"Is that really necessary. He's injured and you've got him restrained. I wouldn't think he'd pose too much of a problem," Danni couldn't help but feel a measure of sympathy for the man, who moved slightly, moaning in the process.

"Believe me, you have no idea what this man is capable of. I've witnessed his Force abilities and even without his weapon or use of extremities he could be a considerable threat."

"But if he isn't a Jedi?" Danni questioned.

"I don't know what he is, but he's been trained as well as any Master from the temple." Obi stated, glancing worriedly at the man.

Moaning in obvious pain, the Je

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh! Well of course Obi would have found out about the death of Qui ;) hehehehe guess Qui didn't expect Obi to know *snrk* was wondering when he was gonna bring that up! hehehehe

Uh oh even more to uh oh about! They're captured! Hrmmm is it that 'dark lord' that the one baddie mentioned about? Hrmmm guess we'll find out!

Great chappie!! Ack.. the suspense is gonna kill me!!! So...ummmm...when can we expect another update?? hehehehehe ;)

4. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Um Obi... Couldn't you have just asked him? But noooooo. You had to go about it the hard way and where did it get you? In trouble that's where! :p

Sorry! Sometimes you just need to rant at Obi. :D

More please Leona!

5. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh, so much trouble! So suspenseful! So Obi-Wan did know him, ah ha. Can't wait until Obi-Wan hears the full story. Lol, yeah, if I were him I'd dismiss it as drugged ramblings too. ;) Lol, I like the arguing about who gets to play him, I can see that. Now, is this Xanatos coming to see what's going on? Out to kill his old Master again? I'll be patient, but I want answers soon. :D

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Another Cliffie!!!! Are you mad, woman? You're going to kill us with all these cliffies. I like that Obi shot Qui-Gon because he thought he couldn't be who he said he was. After all, Obi's life's been a hard one. But now they really need the Master awake and helping. Instead, he's out for the count!

Better update soon. [face_devil]

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    oooooh, trouble! (good good [face_devil]) So, Obi knew about Qui being dead *snicker* Qui should have expected Obi to be just as smart in this dimenstion. yay suspense, more soon!

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Um Obi... Couldn't you have just asked him? But noooooo. You had to go about it the hard way and where did it get you? In trouble that's where!

LMAO!! [face_laugh]

My thoughts exactly. :p

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    another cliffie- but a good one!

10. Jaxx_w

Jaxx_w Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome, and the help off the floor ? was there for days!

I?m enjoying this story. V exciting. Great cliffie ? looking forward to more. :)

11. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Is it Xanatos? And will he buy Qui-Gons's story? What will he do with this information about a new dimension? [face_worried]
    Great work! =D=

12. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I haven't had time to read in the last weeks and then I come back and you have done all sorts of evil things here. Ahh, the suspense! How can you do that? :D It's still great and I can't wait to read more. Yay, Xanatos is in there. That makes it even better. :) It's truly a very imaginative story and extremely well written. =D=

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I had planned to update earlier, but many crazy things going on. Least of them getting a phone call from my son asking for a plane ticket to come visit for a week. He's lived in Florida almost three years and after Hurricaine Charley he wants to escape Frances... willing to comeover his fear of flying just to get away.

Sorry I don't address each of you seperately, you are all so wonderful to read and comment and I appreciate it more than you can know! :) :)

The first thing he realized was that he couldn't move. As hard as he tried to will it, his body refused to acknowledge the command of his mind. Even his eyelids wouldn't do so much as blink as he strained to open them. He could hear the murmur of voices some distance away, smell the strong odor of disinfectant. A med lab, he thought. Then suddenly he remembered the shuttle and the large ship that had fired upon them.

Danni! His mind panicked. Where was she? Was she alright?

Obi-Wan tried locating her through their bond but even that proved fruitless, causing him greater concern. Reaching for the Force, he found a disturbing emptiness as if his connection to it had been severed.

"Lord DeCrion?s been notified this one's awake." Obi-Wan heard, the owner's voice drawing nearer. "He's on his way."

This one. That meant Danni must also be here. But where was here and why couldn't he sense her? Within a short amount of time Obi-Wan was aware of heavy, booted footsteps approaching.

"Lord DeCrion," he overheard the previous voice greet in a tone that bordered on fear.

"Remove the restraining field," an authorative voice commanded.

An almost imperceptible weight was lifted and Obi-Wan's eyes snapped open on their own accord. The bright sterility of the room needled his eyes painfully and he drew his arm over his face to block out most of the light as they adjusted to the sudden change. Weakly he tried sitting up, only to feel a hand on his shoulder, holding him down.

"The residual effects of the electro-pulse have yet to subside, my young friend," the smooth, friendly voice of who could only be Lord DeCrion said, "your body will be weak for a few hours, but you should recover fully in time. You should rest."

Moving his arm slightly to gain of view of who spoke, Obi-Wan contemplated the man before him.

Dark-haired and pale-skinned, the man had eyes so deep blue as to almost appear black, holding in them an unreadable intensity reminding Obi-Wan of the predatory birds of Alderaan. Mature, with a chiseled jaw, the man's flawless looks were marred only by a small circular scar on his cheek.

"Where are my manners?" the man said with silken voice, "I am Xanatos DeCrion, Sovereign Lord of Telos." Offering a smile, he watched the young man's reaction as he introduced himself.

Obi-Wan's eyes darted around the room. "Danni. Where is she?"

"Ah, your female companion. Relax Obi-Wan, she's fine, though still unconscious."

Obi-Wan's eyes widened at the sound of his name and he looked at Xanatos suspiciously.

"Yes, I know who you are. I make it a point to know all who travel in the company of my greatest enemy," the older man said with unusual good humor.

Gazing questioningly at Xanatos, Obi-Wan then recalled the third of their little group.

"Qui-Gon Jinn?" he asked perplexed.

A shadow passed over Xanatos' face at the mention of that name. "That, my young friend is a discussion for another time. I?m sure you'd much rather see your lady friend, make sure she's being well cared for?" Xanatos offered a helping hand which Obi-Wan took gratefully.

Pulling himself up with assistance, Obi's head swam nauseously at the sudden movement.

"Take it easy, there's no hurry. She's not going anywhere, the man chuckled.

Glancing at his host sharply, Obi-Wan couldn't help but wonder at the man choice of words. They seemed to prick the back of his mind, yet he could feel nothing distressing about the man at all. At this point he realized he could again feel the Force.

Reaching

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ::fans self because she's broken out in a sweat.:: Dang, Xani always makes me nervous and somehow I don't think things are going to be so pleasant a few posts hence.

15. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi Leona,

Still reading, promise! DRL has just taken a bite out of me. Great job with teh story, and I can't wait to see what Xanatos has in store for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

Shaindl

16. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Xanatos! Boo! Hiss! But would we like him as much if her weren't as deliciously evil as he is?? I can't help but wonder if this Xani has something more against Qui-Gon then Qui's actually Xani... I sure hope that made sense...

Hope your son makes it home safe and sound. Two hurricanes back to back does not sound like fun.

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Yay new post! Suffice to say I have a bad feeling about this...I worry what Xan is going to tell Obi-Wan, maybe he'll do worse that shoot him next time.

More!

18. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Oooooo, evilness. What a shock Qui-Gon should get when he wakes, and then Xanatos probably has more shocks in store for after that. And what will Obi-Wan think of Xanatos, and what will Xanatos do with Danni? So interesting, can't wait for more!

19. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    This becomes more and more interesting. If I didn't like Xan as much as I do, I would be afraid now. :D And Obi is a far too easy target for him at the moment. Can't wait to see what will happen next. Great post again. :)

20. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Loyal Lurker checking in. I've loved this story since the first time you posted it. :) Getting another chance at it is a wonderful bonus.

21. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh noooo. Poor Qui Qui. Xani tormenting his master even while he's unconscious. *shakes head in disgust*

Excellent post, Leona!

22. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh wonderful, evil Xanatos! :D :D :D
    Need more soon...

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hefty chappie! Wow! *snrk* Xan trying to 'ease' Obi's 'stay' *snrk* hehehehehe

Now, now... this with Qui will be quitefully interesting!! He's amazed that Qui is truly his old Master! hehehe loved the 'reverently touching' to the 'grasping/wenching of hair' hehehehehe! Excellent and sooo Xanish! :D Can't wait for more indeed!!!

Ack! the suspense!!! Man... Qui is gonna be shocked when he finds out that Xan is alive in this world... ohhhhh :_| the pain and angst for Qui is about to begin tenfold! Xan doing whatever to him and his own conscious to eat at him due to Xan being alive still!!! Ohhh poor Qui!!

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ish - Nerves is that?? Okay, I'll believe that for now! ;) :D

Shaindl - I can so relate to RL. These last couple days have been relentless. Just saw my son off on his way back to Florida. Perhaps now I'll have some me time again. LOL! Thanks for sticking around! :D

Mouse - Hope your son makes it home safe and sound. Two hurricanes back to back does not sound like fun. -- Thanks and now of course there's Ivan right around the corner.

Arwen-Jade - Yep, time for a little talk between Obi and Xan.... :D :D

AthenaLeigh - still a bit before Qui wakes up.

Indra - Xanatos is fun to play with. And you're quite right about Obi. ;)

{b]Lilith[/b] - Aww, thanks Lil!!

Layren - Just wait till Qui-Gon wakes up! LOL! ;)

Jeday - Thank you, and here's more right now.

Kynstar - I'll admit, you are so right about Qui-Gon's prblems being compounded with this Xan... lol! Soon enough, but not quite yet. :D

In his weakened state, Obi-Wan could hardly do more than sit in the chair he had been placed in by the med tech. His mind whirled with concern for Danni, only made worse by his inability to reach her through their bond.

Then there was, of course, the question of his host, Xanatos. Host, he thought. Was that really the term for a person who stuns and kidnaps you, which was in essence exactly what the man had done. He had no idea if the man could be trusted. There was something about him, something he couldn't quite put his finger on.

Part of it was that he couldn't get a read on the man in the Force. Granted, he wasn't the most skilled at using the finer nuances of the Force, but almost every living thing registered some type of signature, at the very least identifying it as a living organism.

The problem was, when he directed his mind at Xanatos, it was if he was buffeted against an unseen wall. Not mental shields, per sec, something more obscured, illusive. It was like a smooth wall of ice that only allowed his mental probe to slide powerlessly around the man's mind, unable to gain access. Still, whatever Xanatos was, he had the feel of a strong Force user.

This only intensified his unease even though the man had shown only the most amiable of intentions. But Obi-Wan was no fool, he was aware of the deception of appearance, how in the extended hand of friendship could be hidden a lethal blade.

At this thought a sliver of guilt crept into his mind.

Isn't that just what you demonstrated to the Jedi, who had only done no more than uphold his end of your bargain by rescuing Danni, a faint, indistinct voice asked inside him.

No, Obi-Wan pushed the voice away, not wanting to listen to its errant ramblings. There were reasons for what he'd done. The man misled me, he justified. And all you did was leave him wounded, bound and in the hands of his self-proclaimed worst enemy, the reminding voice piped in again, now sounding suspiciously like Danni's.

Frowning with distaste, he forced the voice shut. He had more pressing matters to consider then the Jedi.

Presently the cabin door opened and Xanatos stood just outside the entrance holding a tray.

"I thought I'd stop by with some tea. I figured there'd be too much on your mind to get any rest," he said pleasantly, not moving. "May I come in?" he asked after a moment of waiting for some acknowledgement.

"Oh, sorry, of course." Obi-Wan answered, impressed by the man's polite consideration.

"I find this particular blend helps to energize me," he said crossing the room and placing the tray on a table set in front of Obi-Wan, "no chemicals, mind you, strictly a natural blend of herbs."

Pulling another chair in front of the table, Xanatos set about pouring the steaming tea into two mugs. Reaching across the table, Xanatos offered a mug to his guest.

Dubious of the tea, Obi-Wan hesitated before accepting the tea.

"A slight distrustful?" Xanatos sat back in his chair with his mu

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ack the suspense! Can't wait for when Qui wakes up! Man what a shocker that'll be!

Poor Obi... being sucked into the man's lies, but how is Obi to know the truth? Poor lad...

Great chappie!!!! :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.