main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Should As Strangers We Meet- JA repost Epilogue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Healer_Leona , Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    waterlilee Welcome!!! It's always good to get a new reader! Love your icon! :D

Kynstar Yep, Dani's got a good mind and Obi.. well he is a guy so we really should give him a break. j/k if there's any guys out there reading! LOL!

Athena Got it right... ;)

Kitara Nope, Obi-Wan's not too quick here.

t_s Got it in one padawan! Definitely a bit of 'sour grapes scenario' going on.

Diane Perhaps Obi-Wan wants to be blind??? ;)

Arwen-Jade Have you read it??? I was at the library on Monday dropping overdue books off for my daughter and as I walked by the new fiction shelf there were five 'Song of Susannah' just sitting there! Needless to say I grabbed one and devoured it. Got a big kick out of... well something going on in the book and nearly died at the ending... I can't believe there's only one more left!

Mouse Seems you've got slapping on the brain there friend. LOL!

Scene after horrible scene played itself out behind the Jedi Master's closed eyes, each one accompanied by a torrent of unbearable suffering, both physical and emotional.

The transport crash on the mostly water world of Oceaneria . The exhausting two-day swim in the emerald sea in search of landmass. Stripped to their bare underclothes, their Jedi attire discarded as the weight of them wet pulled them down. Onward they swam, ever onward, muscled strained and weary, arms and legs moving so long it was now painful to stop. Deep inside their Force focused minds, their only wish to feel the resistance of solid ground beneath their feet.

Obi-Wan, only sixteen then, had been pushed to the limits of physical endurance. Qui-Gon knew the boy was concentrating solely on the strength of his master's presence beside him, urging him on.

Swimming for hours, then floating, the only respite for their beleaguered bodies. Swimming again, tight overused muscles burning in protest at their use. Floating, ah...blessed stillness, the water lapping around them, lulling them into a dangerous hypnotic slumber.

Then the Force screaming in alarm, Qui-Gon's eyes snap open, his arms flailing at his side, their predicament in the water momentarily forgotten upon awakening. Attempting to right himself, forcing cold, numb legs to move in a pendulum motion to stay afloat.

His eyes searching frantically over the water's surface to locate Obi-Wan, some twenty meters away, still overcome by sleep.

The Force's insistence of danger grows stronger as he watches his apprentice bob lightly on the calm water like a buoyant piece of driftwood.

//Obi-Wan// Qui-Gon calls calmly over their bond, instinctively knowing that movement may draw the attention of whatever lurked beneath them, but needing Obi-Wan awake and alert.

//Master?// came the baffled response of his apprentice as the master felt the water begin to churn around him.

Whatever was hiding in the depths was rising to meet him.

//Be still Padawan.// He sent in a tone of command that bade compliance.

Something brushed tentatively against him, then in a rush, he felt his legs wrapped in a tight, compressive hold. The flat, triangular tip of a large, thick tentacle wormed its way up his torso as he felt it constrict, snapping both femurs like dry kindling.

"Arghhhh..." Qui-Gon's agonized howl was cut short as he was submerged underwater. Springing up in a great splash, he coughed and sputtered out the salty water he had both swallowed and inhaled, arms flapping wildly.

"Master!" Obi-Wan cried out and in an adrenalin spiked burst of energy swam to where his master struggled with the unseen sea monster.

//Stop// he sent weakly through the bond, the excruciating pain of his crushed legs exploding in his mind in bright red light.

//Obi..still, must remain..still//

Immediately the boy stopped, but already Qui-Gon could feel the grasp on his legs lessen. His body angled horizontally as his legs floated to the surface, broken and useless, the hold on them released. Flou

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui! :_| the drug and electric shocks have totally screwed him over.

Hehehe evil Xan! Great work with him btw! ;) Loving him hehehe I ponder on if he has a slight 'jealousy' of Obi *snrk* hehehe Qui having affection toward the kid hehe

Great job indeed!!

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Jealous much Xan??

Poor Qui! Mentally fried with all sorts of drugs pumping through him. I thought it was quite chilling the indifferent way Xanatos looked at him while Qui was in convulsions.

Awesome post Leona!!

4. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Ahhhhhhhhhh! You're so mean!! Ow!! Xanatos is so mean too! How dare either of you hurt him like that?! What a horrible nightmare! *cringes* Really great post, I'm so glad I checked before we left for the weekend. Ahh, and now he knows about the device, not good! But so good! Can't wait for more!

5. waterlilee

waterlilee Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2004
    holy carp! you are so evil to this poor man! :(( wow...can't wait for more!

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Jealous and cold hearted Xan- what a combination!

7. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Grrrrr - Evil Xani! I'd forgotten about the extreme suffering poor Qui goes through in this part of the story. I really loved Xani's reaction to the way Qui uttered Obi-Wan's name, but most of all I really like the way you've portrayed Xanatos in this story, Leona! He's evil, repugnant but as someone has already said he's very charasmatic and it's nice to delve closer into the interesting but potentially untapped character portrayed in the JA books.

You should write more Qui and Xani! :D

8. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Xanatos' reaction when Qui utters the name 'Obi-Wan' was very interesting. For a moment I thought Qui knew he was talking to his former padawan, Xani. But his thoughts are with his Paddy Obi-Wan. I think he definitely has some jealousy for the way Qui-Gon spoke Obi-Wan's name!

Qui-Gon has just been through hell! It sounds like this drug and devices are making him relive his worst fears and demons. And with all his shields down...

So....Now Xani knows the location of the machine and Qui-Gon's place in the other world... Very, very interesting Master! Can't wait for more! :D

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh dear...needless to say I have a bad feeling about this. MORE!!

And yes, I managed to eat through "Song of Susannah" in one day and now I'm waiting for "The Dark Tower" I'm about 8th in line for it or something.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Kynstar Thanks, this had been my one and only time playing with Xanatos.

Mouse Jealous?? Xani??? Not like he'd ever admit it. Ha!

Athena I do believe getting berated by readers is a good thing.. thank you so much! ;) :D

Waterlilee Moi?? Mean to Qui-Gon?? Only for dramatic purpose and for all the ills I put him through get gets triple the love. [face_love]

Kitara Don't forget greedy and power hungry too!

Jemmiah Aww... [face_blush] Thank you... and don't go putting any ideas in my head.. you or mouse.. sassy ladies!!

t_s Again padawan, you seem to know my mind. Such a quick apprentice you are! :D

Arwen Is 'Dark Tower' out?? I had come across the last book purely by accident... I'm headed over to check things out right after I post this.

"What so you think he'll do with us?" Danni asked, skeptically partaking of the morning meal provided by their 'host'.

Pausing between mouthfuls, Obi-Wan looked up from the plate he had piled high, an expression of irritability creasing his brow.

"You make it sound like we're his prisoners," Obi-Wan observed with annoyance.

"I don't recall being locked in a room an excepted practice of common courtesy, she answered, matching his derisive tone.

"Danni,? Obi-Wan gestured, fork in hand, "Lord DeCrion explained his need of security. What did you want to do...go snooping around the ship in the middle of the night?"

"Of course not!" She replied, a bit too emphatically, then hastily looking away.

That was exactly what she wanted to do. Obi-Wan may have taken this Xanatos at his word, but she didn't trust the man or his explanations. She knew if given half a chance, she could find something that would prove to her mate that her distrust was justified.

"Just what is it that you have against the man?" Obi-Wan quirked a smile, attempting to lighten the serious tone of the discussion.

Danni bristled at his change of tactic. Whenever he was of the mind that his reasoning was more accurate, he began to question to her as if instructing a child. Using his superior training and experience, he managed to make her feel as if her senses were not as valid as his own.

Sure, he may have been a Jedi at one time, but that didn't make him always right.

"I could ask the same of you and the Jedi," she snapped acerbically, hitting his sore spot.

The wounded look on his face was more then enough to make her regret her affront to his pride. The last thing they needed was to get into that old argument. Though he denied any resentment to the Jedi order, at times it was painfully obvious that Obi-Wan still harbored some lingering bitterness at being overlooked for apprenticeship. She had seen the rather caustic way he dealt with Master Jinn. Nor was the way he all too readily believed the incredible accusations of the Telosian lord lost on her.

It was as if he was receiving some sort of satisfaction from the Jedi's dishonor.

"What is that suppose to mean?" he leveled at her, setting the utensil down with an audible *clank*.

Damn, she thought, forgetting that the bond they shared left little privacy, even to one's own thoughts.

"Obi," she began, choosing her words carefully. "It's just that we don't know anything about this Lord DeCrion..."

"And we know so much about Jinn? Danni, I was there when word of Qui-Gon reached the Temple. Everything Xanatos said makes perfect sense. How else would you explain the sudden appearance of a man officially declared dead by the Jedi Council?"

Not wanting the discussion to escalate into a full-blown argument, Danni carefully shielded her mind. "Things may not always be as they appear," she recited a well-used phrase of his. "Who is it that's always spouting that particular adage?"

Obi-Wan sat back, peering at her thoughtfully. A soft brush against her mind revealing the reinforced walls and his eyes creased disapprovingly.

"Obi, I don't understand why you can't see that that man means us no goo

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh he woke up at Obi's voice! Poor Qui! :(

Obi is blinded... at least she sees/senses it!

Great postie! I loved this one! Evil Xan! *snrk* hehehehe

12. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Delurking for a moment to let you know I've been following this. :)

13. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Aargh! I don't know who to throttle first! Xanatos for being the evil liar he is or Obi for being the clueless trusting fool and not listening to Danni!

Poor Qui! He doesn't know what to believe anymore. I'm glad to see that at least Danni noticed massive change in him. I just hope she act on it.

Wonderful Leona!!

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, and the plot thickens. Obi-Wan needs to have his head examined. Obviously, he's the one that's delusional, not Qui-Gon. Luckily Danni is there. I just hope she can overcome both Obi-Wan and Xanatos to rescue Qui-Gon.

Good job.

15. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wow. This is excellent. I'm enjoying it very much.

I hope Obi-Wan comes to his senses soon.

16. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Ah, such yummy dramatic goodness. Poor Qui, still lost in that haze, thinking Obi-Wan is his Obi-Wan. *bites Xanatos* Evil thing! At least somebody knows what's going on! And surprise surprise, it's the female! Haha, oh good story. *hugs it*

17. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Argg, open your eyes Obi! :mad:
    Great post! :)

18. waterlilee

Apr 23, 2004
    ack! blast my professors for giving me papers to write that keep me away from the board, and blast Obi for being such a numbskull! geez....i can't believe this version of him....such an idiot....who was it that said they'd like to strangle him??? i sure hope they leave me some to kill! *steamed* [face_beatup] @ Obi

*goes back to gay rights paper*

*muttering* blast you, Professor Cicero, blast you, Justice Scalia....

19. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Whoa. Well, I just started reading this fic last night, and I couldn't "put it down." Very interesting. I can't wait for Qui-Gon to return to his own dimension, because this Obi-Wan is driving me crazy!I mean, sure, his Jedi training was rather brief, but he knows enough about the force to recognize when an infinitely dark being is hiding something. Unless Obi is under a mind trick, I think I may have to slap him. But is he under Zanatos' influence? Zanatos seemed surprised and pleased when Obi came to his defence. I hope Obi is not being this lame on his own. Poor Danni! Hopefully she can talk (or slap) some sense into this guy! And what about the poor Obi-Wan in Qui-Gon's own dimension? Is time passing the same as in this new dimension? If so, Qui-Gon will have been gone for some time. Obi must be worried! Well anyways, great story, and post soon!

20. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    Whoa... Xani is so mean! [face_shame_on_you]
    But how Qui woke up to Obi's voice and tried to defend him was... lovely, somehow. You will let Obi see the truth, will you? [face_worried]

Anyway, keep going you are great!
    DarkDream

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Pant...Pant...I've gotten behind and I'm SO SORRY! Catching up and I must say I LOVE IT! Your talent shines through, as always. Now, back to reading...

22. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Danni's thoughts are going to get her in trouble, but I'm so glad she's on to Xanatos!

*Jedi Mind Tricks*.....hmmmm..... ;) She is on to something at Obi-Wan's reaction to this Lord DeCrion. Wonderful interaction between them and when Danni takes Xani's hand....CREEPY! :D Love your description of her defenses and her reaction to his emotionless eyes.

Poor Qui! Arousing to Obi-Wan's voice, a comfort but also seeing him with Xani must have been quite a shock and more of a torture for him. But Danni is on to what is happening, if only she can stay safe long enough to get them out of this mess! :D Xanatos is keeping a close eye on her!

Great job, Master!

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    How can the boy be sooo thick?

24. DarkDream

DarkDream Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2004
    How can the boy be sooo thick?

Hey, it's a different reality. Everything is possible. ;)

25. waterlilee

Apr 23, 2004
    but even in alternate realities, there have to be limits, don't there??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.