main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Should Attack of the Clones have been rated PG-13

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by KamenSentaiMetalHero, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Of course not. Star Wars is made for 10 year olds.

2. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Doesn't matter now. The Jango Fett decapitation was gruesome, arguably more so than Dooku's in Ep3.

3. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Yeah that was interesting... I think it was Hayden's idea, wasn't it? "A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one" ;)

Mostly Handless likes this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I don't know how it wasn't lol, there was an on-screen beheading [face_laugh]

5. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire(which was PG-13), Worntail cut off his hand and that wasn't shown and the movie was PG-13. If they didn't show someone cutting their hand off in a PG-13 rated film, how could they get away with an on-screen beheading!?

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    It's fairly sanitized.

7. KamenSentaiMetalHero

Dec 19, 2017
    Blood or no blood, a beheading is still pretty graphic

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    On TNT, most of the SW films are rated TV-PG for Moderate Violence. Episode III has a TV-14 rating.

AOTC, while also having a TV-PG rating like Episode I, IV, V and VI, also contains the most content warning for those films. Moderate Violence, Infrequent Coarse Language and Suggestive Dialogue.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Actually on first release in 1977 Lucas had to request to get Star Wars moved up from the G that it was given to PG because they thought G would turn the kids off.

The Han-Greedo scene was a nothing to the ratings board because it was a guy using a laser to shoot an alien.

I mean who cares? If it was a bullet hitting a human then that would be another thing.

10. Scott109

Scott109 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 22, 2016
    If it was, I doubt my father would have allowed to see it while I was eight years old, and I doubt I ever would have fallen in love with Star Wars.

11. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Interesting, I'm from the UK, but I'm pretty sure that Jango headbutts Obi-wan on the DVD I grew up watching.[face_thinking] The mystery deepens.:p

12. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    All the prequels except TPM were rated MA15+ here in Australia. It was actually such an inconvenience becuz I remember years ago wanting to borrow AOTC and ROTS from my local library but they didn't let me because i wasn't 15+

However more recently I think they changed the rating to just ''M'' for all 3 films. I'm not 100% sure though.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  13. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    This is wrong, Lucas said he changed Han shooting first because it wasn't in Han's character (something like that). George's intention for Han was I think to be sort of like a 'smuggler with morals' and he felt shooting Greedo first wouldn't fit in with the depiction of the character he put in place.

^^This was all from on top of my head im sure if you dig around you'll find the exact quote Lucas said.

14. KamenSentaiMetalHero

Dec 19, 2017
    Yeah, I know but I read somewhere, can't remember, that was also the case.

15. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    It's just a thing some fans have been spreading around for years with no evidence or logical basis. You can't believe everything you read on the Internet.

16. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I think all of that talk of... sand, yes probably.

I mean maybe with the way Padme looked in the fireplace scene. I mean wow. Wait what was the question again?

Oh yes, I guess it could be PG13, but to be honest, I don't think Star Wars has been gory. I think it's okay for aged 12. Even that is more to grasp the understanding of the politics of it.

Maybe the monsters in the arena, are the reason it goes up in rating if anything.