main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Barriss Return in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Should Barriss return in Rebels?

1. yes

95 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. no

69 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. i don't know

16 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Ahsoka was fixin to get fried if found guilty of Tarkin's list of garbage charges, presumably Barriss would get the same...

So if Barriss got sentenced to death then... and was put into death row... Palps might come to visit, or send one of his goons. Make her an offer. Join me. Work for me. Embrace the Dark Side yadda yadda. Or refuse, stay here and ride the lightnin' when the time comes.

Of course, a true Jedi in that situation would refuse... but it seems Barriss Offee has already turned to the Dark Side, and darksiders in general tend to be rather less zen about the whole dying thing. So she might just accept that offer.

Don't be at all surprised if Barriss Offee shows up somewhere as one of Palpatine's hands, inquisitors, adepts, operator-from-shadows Dark Side types.

Darth_Pevra and Senator Kelberry like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The red lightsabers suit her.

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Sort of which she kept her blue blade in the fight against Anakin. Would be a nice RoTS nod (specifically if they played RoTS music).

4. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010

That's pretty much what I've been picturing. IF they decide to bring her in, I would hope it would be as a Hand or some other darksider type.

In fact, though most of the forum is about to gag over the very thought of it, i'm sure, my ideal arc would be one where Ahsoka shows up in a guest starring role and, maybe with the Rebels' help, redeems Barriss and they go off on their own someplace for adventures elsewhere. Barriss didn't strike me as truly evil, just frustrated and misguided. Just a single arc is all it would need, no need to revisit, or drag it out, or anything. I think it would neatly resolve their current status to my satisfaction.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm cool with Barriss being redeemed.

The circumstances you described do make me gag though. :p

"Ahsoka was fixin' to"

LOL, Valk, are you Southern?

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Not at all, but I've picked up a bit of it in a long time online and sometimes like throwing it in here and there.

7. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Barriss is the same missguided as are Dooku, Ventress or Grievous. [face_laugh] I also presume she was already a hardcore darksider with some assassine training when this arc of Episodes started. That means she turned on her own like Dooku and not by pressure. How could she probably enter the highly secured prison-cell of Letta Turmond for killing her silently if not with a permission from high above? And when I saw the disgruntled face pf Palpatine when Skywalker brought Barriss into the court-room to confess her crimes, I realized that Darth Sidious was not amused that his favorite suspect Ahsoka vanished suddenly. I guess he was also angry with Barriss because she wasn't tough enough to withstand Anakin's interrogation and thus revealed the sinister plans of her new masters even though she did not trait them directly. Anyway - she may have the potential to become a new Ventress for Dooku. Till she becomes to powerful for Sidious.[face_beatup]

whostheBossk and Iron_lord like this.
  8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    For some reason this didn't dawn on me right away, but Barriss' role at the end of TCW S5 actually works really well with her asking Ahsoka about how the Jedi can possibly live up to their ideals by fighting in a war in Brain Invaders.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Oh yeah, Barriss's turn had plenty (enough) foreshadowing earlier in the series (IMO). That's why I don't understand the complaints about her character arc.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    She was only in about two episodes, maybe three, earlier in the series, and then we didn't see her at all for three seasons.

I need more build-up than that in order to buy into the story.

And her questioning what the war might do to Jedi ideals in no way makes blowing up the Temple make sense.

Then again, blowing up the Temple to show that the Jedi shouldn't be involved in war doesn't make sense anyway.

I really don't think that Filoni and Co. knew that the fugitive arc was going to happen when they wrote Brain Invaders, and their going back and saying "Yeah, let's call this foreshadowing now" would be annoying even if it were good foreshadowing.

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So I can't believe it, but I don't think only Barriss will be appearing.

12. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014

This is not the Mirialan we were expecting.

13. Jemik_Prenn

Jemik_Prenn Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2014
    Perhaps it was Barriss who captured Luminara for the Empire :p

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Whaaaaa...? Am I missing something here, has there been another Rebels reveal I haven't seen yet?

15. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I really hope Luminara is still alive and a part of rebels. She is one of my favorite Jedi.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i can see luminara captured because barris snitched on her and then it's revealed that barris works for the inquisitor. remember some jedi turned to survive. she could provide vital info on jedi ways.

18. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    No barris please.

19. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    Probably not. While it sucked what she did to Ashoka at the end of the day she still believed in the order and probably wouldn't turn to dark side. If they're going to bring in someone else than it should be Ventress or Starkiller.

20. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Ventress as a bounty hunter!

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As much as I love her, I'm afraid her continued badassery in my head-canon will always be better than whatever Disney/LFL would do with her.

So I'm in favor of just letting her be. Especially after that unaired TCW concept art of Vos carrying her off a battlefield. No. Just no.

22. ReigningHope

ReigningHope Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2014
    Now that Luminara (and probably any other Jedi without an on-screen death ) is confirmed to appear, I'd to see Barris as an Inquisitor.

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If she appeared, it should be as a rouge dark sided that is not allied with the empire or sith, instead of her being another inquisitor.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think it's that unlikely that Luminara might make some reference to Kanan about her Padawan falling to the dark side (as she probably sees it), but I would be very surprised if they randomly name-dropped Barriss. Of course, TCW did a lot of stuff that surprised me and I'm hoping Rebels does the same.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If Luminara is alive and meets Kanan and company I bet Barriss would be mentioned.