main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Barriss Return in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Should Barriss return in Rebels?

1. yes

95 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. no

69 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. i don't know

16 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If she survived it would be interesting in which direction they take. Vader being forced to work with her if she is an agent of Sidious would be a bit hard to swallow though, and her him even for that matter. But it could just be Sidious' pattern of pitting rivals at eachothers throats and sitting back as they fight for his affection.

Her motives though, appear as much against the Jedi of Republic and the Republic or it couldve been a way for the public to start viewing the Jedi as evil before ROTS and what Palpatine sold the general public:

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He would treat her like a dog. It's what she wants. Just watch how she damnes herself to death in the trial. The girl desires death, desires punishment.

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    *backs away slowly*

4. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    *Backs away slightly faster*

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    *Backs away and falls over*

Kablob likes this.
  6. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
  7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Oh I get it, we don't talk about the Dark Side but rather the "completely harmless and family-friendly hollywood evil" side.

8. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I suppose there is nothing wrong, in principle, with theorizing about the masochistic tendencies of a character. I'll just be standing way over there while you do it.:p

Vthuil likes this.
  9. KrazAgtlei

KrazAgtlei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    I was actually not totally distressed when we never saw Barriss again after the Ahsoka incident. I was extremely p***** at her for what she did to Ahsoka, and I hoped they executed her because of it.

Consequently, that is my biased opinion. If I were to be brutally honest I think that it would be very intriguing to find out what happened to Barriss post Order 66.

Then again, I would love to see what happened to Ahsoka post her leaving and Order 66 because she wouldn't have really been in danger being a rogue.

10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    This honesty reinforces Tarkin's hypocrisy and ungrateful nature. Ahsoka saved Tarkin's life on Lola Sayu. Osi Sobeck was about to throw Tarkin in the lava when Ahsoka killed him and saved Tarkin. Tarkin later repays the favor by trying to get Ahsoka executed. Fitting behaviour for the future commander of the Death Star.

Darth Valkyrus and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    IIRC someone posted the other day that one of the NuEU books implies that Vader never fully reconciled with Tarkin over his handling of the Tano Affair. Or at least, by 5BBY he was still somewhat sore at him over it. This may have changed thereafter, since in ANH they seem like best buddies.

Hmm... maybe an adversarial and unfriendly Vader-Ahsoka encounter some time between 5BBY and 0BBY could explain that...

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    If Bariss is under Sheeve's sleeve as his hidden hand, then I hope Tano is the one that kills her.

It is possible Palpatine kept this character alive, Sidious couldve falsified the report of her execution and saved her. If she was a solo darkside corrupted being she could be bent to his will if she was not prior. Krell was a solo act before wanting to join the Sith under Dooku. The Jedi themselves may of not been hasty to kill her and chose to imprison her to attempt to rehabilitate her while serving out a sentence and depending on where she stood after the temple's fall couldve been given an option to join the Empire or be kill. Her fate being kept under wraps is proof she'll be back at some point.

13. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Tarkin is in 14 BBY, not 5 BBY.
    I think that Vader told himself that he wasn't still mad at Tarkin over it BECAUSE WHO IS ANAKIN SKYWALKER THAT NAME HAS NO MEANING TO ME I AM DARTH VADER, but he totally was a bit.

14. KrazAgtlei

Nov 5, 2014
    I'm sorry I'm gonna sound stupid, but what does BBY stand for?

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Before Battle of Yavin.

16. KrazAgtlei

Nov 5, 2014
    Thanks so much, but when was that battle?

17. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Have you seen A New Hope?

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not every noob remembers the name of the planet in ANH that they maybe mention 3 times. ;)

20. KrazAgtlei

Nov 5, 2014
    Yes, but I never fully understand most of it even after how many times I've seen it. I've read some of the books, but they haven't mentioned it so far..

Plus I'm 15 so it's not like I can grasp everything that occurs throughout that movie.

So I apologize I am so clueless. I am trying my best to comprehend everything in the Star Wars Universe.

Not to mention I have not gone that in depth with it until about 2 weeks ago.

So bear with me please? I apologize for my incompetence and my being a "noob". :p

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You've barely been here a week. No one expects you to know every little detail like, say, who Ederlaath Pallopides is. ;)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. KrazAgtlei

Nov 5, 2014
    Yup, so for arguments sake, say I do not know who that is. Who might that be?

23. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Something something somebody related to Palpatine who was mentioned like once.

The Battle of Yavin is where the first Death Star was destroyed.

You also don't know yet whether Cad Bane contradicts the EU. ;)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. KrazAgtlei

Nov 5, 2014
    I might.. Depending on what EU means...

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Extended Universe.