main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Barriss Return in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Should Barriss return in Rebels?

1. yes

95 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. no

69 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. i don't know

16 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That would be interesting to explore, and another good reason to have Barriss in the series. I tend to look at the Jedi and Sith as black and white, while dark Jedi tend to reside in the gray area. The same goes for the Nightsisters & Nightbrothers - that's why I found them to be such interesting characters in the CW series...

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I do think Rebels will explore the difference of dark siders and Sith. Really hope we get more background on the Inquisitor.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I would not mind seeing her again, but which side would they put her on? Would see be for or against the Rebels? If they kill off some of the Rebels (which Im hoping for) maybe she could join the Rebellion, but then she could also be another villain for the Rebels to deal with independent of the Empire. She could fill that Ventress role. If Fulcrum is Ahsoka then yea bring Bariss back as a villain but if Fulcrum is Leia, bring in another female imperial character.

4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Amusingly I like to discover they did turn her but the revelation about her former master resulted in her defecting wanting to become a hermit like Yoda so we'd have someone unexpected to function as an alternative tutor for Ezra and maybe Kanan too even if only on dark side techniques.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Unless she turned over yet another leaf acting as "Fulcrum", the likely scenerio is that she's working alongside Sidious, likely not Vader but Sidious.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  6. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Inquisitor Barriss. Come on Filoni.... Don't let me down!

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Oh man, I just had a thought:

Fulcrum turns out to be Ahsoka.

The inquisitor we've had on the show so far gets killed off, and is replaced with Inquisitor Barris Offee.

Through some circumstance they soon run smack into eachother, and it's on!

Barriss vs Ahsoka, the rematch! Yee haw!

jakobitis89 and Hopeless like this.
  8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I actually would like an Ahsoka vs Barriss battle. I think bariss wins hands down.

CoolyFett likes this.
  9. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Inky is frequently referred to "an" as opposed to "the" Inquisitor, so we can presume there are more than one inquisitors. My guess is that Vader has a hobby of breaking fallen jedi or other force sensitives, turning them into his dark side attack dogs, and given Barriss and Anakin's personal history, it makes sense that Vader might pluck her from prison to become an inquisitor herself. She would make the natural counter to Ahsoka (who we all she'll show up before too long. Additionally, in the event that Inky meets his end, he can be replaced by another, even more relentless foe.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Barriss already did win a fight between them, on Coruscant during the S5 finale arc. It was a fight that Ahsoka really should have won, and under most circumstances would have, since she was a stronger combat-oriented Jedi than Barriss, but a bunch of confluent mental and physical factors in play at the time skewed it heavily in Barriss' favor. I analyzed the likely causes of Barriss' victory here a few months back.

Basically at the time of late TCW, I'd rate Ahsoka as a stronger Jedi in combat than Barriss. However, 16 years later, it's anyone's guess who would be ahead. If Barriss joined the Empire and became an inquisitor, it's likely that some kind of formal combat training continued for her up through the years since. In Ahsoka's case, we have absolutely no idea what she's been up to. But if she's always been in war and combat - either as a rebel, or as an independent mercenary or such like fighting for whoever, for much of that time - she would also have grown in capability, simply through combat experience, which tends to make you a more powerful warrior more so than formal training. So in a new Barriss vs Ahsoka encounter in the Rebels timeframe, it's still anyone's guess who would be more powerful. And it still might be Ahsoka.

Mojo120, Kablob and Iron_lord like this.
  11. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Like a secret Vader is not aware of??

12. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    More like Mara Jade, I think.

13. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    What is mara jade?

14. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    An assassin, basically. An agent for the stealthier missions. Vader isn't exactly an expert at stealth, even without the breathing.

15. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Heh maybe Mara a
    Heh... maybe Mara and Zare's sister are being trained by Inquisitor Barris and we see them in the background when Barris is contacted with the news of her new mission... imagine she brings them along for on the job experience especially as one of them is familiar with Lothal....

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Mara has a lot of baggage on her. Even ignoring that I'm not particularly fond of her, does it make sense to bring her in if you can't do the whole "saving the lost girl and marrying her" storyline?

DarkHelmetsPadawan likes this.
  17. DarkHelmetsPadawan

DarkHelmetsPadawan Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2015
    And I think they have enough to work with in the "new canon". To bring in Mara just doesn't make any sense. It's much easier to tell their own stories with their own already-established characters.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Wheee.... I haven't been following the spoilers / leaks (if any) about Ep. VII at all, but what little has drifted through into my brain seems to indicate that the thing is focusing on / following these younger generation of newcomer heroes, with Luke et al possibly in a fairly minor role.

That being the case, I wonder if they'll make it for definite that he is not married, and never was.

If Luke's part in the ST was so small that the ST somehow didn't really get in the way of Mara's falling-in-love-with-Luke-and-marrying-him storyline, then theoretically the Rebels crew could get away with not only using her, but keeping (most of) her later story more or less as-is.

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Just rewatched To Catch A Jedi and I'm surprised of how brutal Barris is towards Ahsoka, she's her former friend and she throws her around and kicks her.
    Oh how the mighty have fallen :(

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    EU stuff basically?

21. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Yeah she's a big character from it.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014

Remember kids, don't do Dark Side.

But yeah, she does some really nasty things, but considering Anakin is able to delude himself into thinking his child murdering is justifiable very soon after embracing the Dark Side, not too surprising. the corrupting effects of the Dark Side are shockingly fast.

As for Mara Jade, she's probably one of the top 5 most popular EU characters, because of this she probably stands a better chance than most at being reintroduced, also because of this she stands a better chance of people being incredibly pissed off after she's reintroduced because she'd inevitably be different now.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I don't see it with Mara Jade I could see thrawn or Revan being reintroduced but not Mara

24. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    Well Reven wouldn't be hard since his story is so far in the past that it doesn't really need to affect anything going forward save for things set in that time period.

25. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    And, you know, hopefully they could do it in a way that doesn't suck this time.

*glares at TOR and the Revan novel*