main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Barriss Return in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Should Barriss return in Rebels?

1. yes

95 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. no

69 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. i don't know

16 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

So excited about this. It is Barriss! Finally!

The best reason to watch this show and get me hooked for real. So far I watched each episode, but having Barriss on board - my 2nd favorite Jedi and one of my favorite villain after she turned - will indeed get me even more crazy about Rebels. The show was really lacking a character I could get behind and cheer for - no Grievous, no Separatists, all the Imperials are too boring.

This IS Barriss! 1. If this was not Barriss and they did not care who was under the helmet then they would have given the mask to the other bland Inquisitor and have her with the exposed face. They gave her the mask for a reason and that is because she is Ahsoka.
    2. They would not make another Inquisitor/s that have no connections to our heroes. It would be most uncreative to have two more versions of the first Inquisitor and just have their species changed. No, this is Barriss!
    3. In this is image and in some shots from the trailer we can see this villain having green face.
    4. Filoni said he had future plans for Barriss.

WOOO! So excited. Can not wait to see her again and this time totally evil with Meredith Salenger making Barriss a new great villain we all love to hate. Barriss forever!
    Vader is fine, but I am not as excited about him due to his fate being sealed on the side of good and his acts of "evil" are just pointless and not that interesting. That is why Barriss would kill it as a villain. Not know her fate is also a big plus. Vader's redemption in ROTJ kinda cancels out all of the "bad stuff" writers make him do.

GO BARRISS!!!

2. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I'm glad that it is Barris, it makes me appreciate the Ahsoka arc more now. Barris should make a great villain, there is definitely a lot of potential. PS it will be nice to get a powerful female villain.

3. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I think Sidious would highly appreciate Barriss working together as the new Inquisitor with Vader. She probably won't know who he is while he still knows what she had done last summer. ... And Sidious will exploit that by stirring up rivalry, mischieve and irritation between them in order to stay in supreme control. Just like he did with other people whom Vader was working with.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I doubt it, because Vader would just kill her.

Like he will probably kill
    his replacements in the Darth Vader comics

5. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    @DP
    You really think, that Palpatine is naming a new Inquisitor just to become killed by Vader? Unless he is looking for an elegant solution to get rid of her, when she is not working for Palps as she is supposed to.

BTW: I don't understand your spoiler in this regard ;( May you please explain?

6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Palps is on Coruscant and that's enough opportunity to get rid of her. Vader probably already hates her guts because of the whole Ahsoka situation, so he hardly needs further encouragement, that's like dangling a piece of meat in front of a tiger.

I'm assuming not everyone has read Darth Vader #4 and I don't want to spoil it.

7. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Vader kind of hates everyone's guts, though. And Palps would totally force him to work with her, because he's Sheevy like that.

8. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I think Vader would grudgingly work with her. But if he is provoked by Sheev or by herself, well, then all bets are off. It's part of being a Sith not to accept challenges to your authority.

9. Mojo120

Mojo120 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2014
    I think you guys are overly confident that this Inquisitor is Barriss, it could very well be a new Mirialan character and then you'd of set yourself up for disappointment.

If it is a pre-existing character then yes it's almost certainly her, but no one ever said it had to be a pre-existing character.

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Why wouldn't it be her though? The emotional punch of it being a familiar character would be immense. It also explains the decision to use Luminara last season.

11. Mojo120

Nov 5, 2014

As I said, she's fairly likely but you cannot be certain until you actually know for certain.

I was actually very confident in it being her... until they posted the concept art, which made me think "well that's definitely a Mirialan but would they really post the concept art if it was Barriss?" Cause I would think that's meant to be a twist. I still think it's fairly likely it's her and it's just a screw up they threw it up there but I cannot be certain.

12. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    At this point that would be like if Fulcrum had been a new character who happened to be a female Togruta.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I highly doubt Bader would kill her.

14. Mojo120

Nov 5, 2014

Not really, they went as far as having someone else voice Fulcrum's lines in the later episodes to try and throw people off, here they posted concept art. I mean it was still obvious as hell and it leaked but it's different.

Like I said still think it's likely but i don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    That's one suggestion that crossed my mind recently; that I'm surprised more people haven't been talking about. It really doesn't seem all that farfetched to conclude that the Empire's capture of Luminara had something directly to do with Barriss becoming an Inquisitor. For all we know, Filoni and the crew would follow up the "Wrong Jedi" arc from season 5 with Palpatine organizing a prison break by the Separatists.

16. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Oh, I've sure been thinking about it. Which Inquisitor was it who executed Luminara, exactly?
    [​IMG]
    Who is she looking at here? Because for some reason I don't think it was Jason Isaacs.

17. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I am repeating my 'Green Ladyquisitor is actually Luminara' theory here. Not because I think it's going to happen, but if when if it does I want to be there to say: 'I told you so.' We have a corpse, we know they definitely got hold of Luminara... The evidence is very strong that it is in fact Barriss. Dare I say too obvious?

(Please let me wrong PLEASE.)

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    =D==D==D=

That didn't even occur to me. That would be an absolutely stunning revelation if it were true.

Kablob likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You mean............wow. That thought never even occurred to me. A revelation like that could get some of us to have a sleepless night or two. Pretty F'd up.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

That would just be an ordinary evil plot by the Empire.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Knowing how Filoni operates, it would kinda surprise me if it wasn't her. I wouldn't mind, I'm just not expecting it.

Trebor Sabreon and jabberwalkie like this.
  22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Someone of Luminara's power would've probably been dealt with by Vader.

23. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I'm talking about the actual interrogation/execution, not the capture. That was probably Vader.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Though I think that Barriss could be capable of capturing Luminara with a bit of darkside training.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Kanan does sense Luminara's presence. Perhaps she was in the next room, projecting - with a fake Luminara corpse in the coffin?

Or - if you want to go with really creepy - that "corpse" is alive, like with Darth Plagueis arts of keeping people alive despite fatal injury, bringing them back from the dead, etc - and it'll be an Undead Luminara that's the new Inquisitor.