main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Barriss Return in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Aug 3, 2013.

?

Should Barriss return in Rebels?

1. yes

95 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. no

69 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. i don't know

16 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well whatever happens, happens.

Personally, I feel Bariss, if an Inquisitor, has likely been doing her job of systematically purging Jedi via murder and indoctrinating younglings into evil or killing them or both for the better part of a 15 year period alongside Vader. I do not really see her finding out Anakin turned into Vader as being particularly a wake up call to switch to good. I'm not particularly fond of the idea of playing switch games either. Usually a villainous character has to go on a process and journey towards the goodside and judging by Ventress, its not all together a simple transition and the end result does not equal 100% good and I am one of you kinda deal. Evil good characters turning evil is a long process, which we only saw Anakin's fall not Dooku's , Barriss' or Krell. I'd rather see Tano bring Bariss to justice for her crimes, and soundly destroy her. Luke had to basically destroy Vader for him to begin to wake up which only truly happened when Vader's love for his child and Padme snapped him out've Sidious's control but it took a pretty very long number of moments and a few pleas for help to do so .

Vader could've killed Bariss anytime he wanted if she was indeed one of his underlings or an agent of Sidious's .But whether or not he was allowed to could be another matter. He begrudgingly worked alongside Tarkin despite he had animosity towards him due to Tano. If anything they could make Vader save Tano from Barriss.

Also its not clear whether these Inquisitors are were surgically operated on. Sidious wanted to perform the slave conditioning procedure on younglings back in TCW.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm not saying Barriss would become "good" via one good and selfless act, it would simply show that she is not utterly lost like Sidious, and beyond redemption. The first Inquisitor made a choice to die, so its not beyond the realm of possibility that Barriss (if an inquisitor) may decide to sacrifice herself when she's faced with the reality that her master, Vader, was the Jedi who brought her to justice. That would be a heavy revelation to brush off. Ahsoka confronting Barriss and destroying her is the likely conclusion, but they may give us a twist at the end.

Sudooku likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Considering they've promised to wrap up many loose ends with the final season of Rebels, do you think there's any chance that we might learn the fate of Barriss this season?

Part of me is hopeful that she might have a role to play in the Solo movie, though it's doubtful. I mean they included Saw from TCW in R1 despite the general population not knowing his background.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No she will definitely not appear. It will only take away from the story of the ghost crew

5. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    In all honesty at this point I think we should just assume she died in prison. I think if they were going to use her again they would have already.

6. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    There are only fifteen episodes planned for S. 4. I don't think about Barriss showing up there either.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They could have just made 7th sister barris, but nope

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that stinks that we'll probably never get a resolution for her. I was kind of hoping they'd factor her into the story of how Luminara was ultimately captured and imprisoned by the Empire.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Maybe we'll get a comic series or even a novel in the future, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up for seeing Barriss in Rebels.

And considering how few episodes are left for Rebels, I would prefer if Barriss wouldn't appear in Rebels at all now, as they would probably only dedicate one or two episodes to her and I don't want her story to be rushed.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  10. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Two episodes wouldn't be rushing to fix her end. That depends on how the story-telling is. Just one would be very short though.

11. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

Considering that Rebels episodes tend to always revolve around the Ghost crew, she would probably play a secondary role in those episodes.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Maul played a secondary role. So has Ahsoka and, although he's appeared in more episodes recently, Rex as well.

13. MrDarth0

Oct 3, 2015

Exactly my point :) I wish we spent more time with Maul, Ahsoka and Rex, instead of having them as secondary characters, and in case of Rex, I wouldn't even call him that. He's more of a supporting background character now.

Sudooku and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I can't really fault Dave Filoni and the folks behind Rebels for wanting the show to focus primarily on the events involving the Ghost Crew. Initially I had been very hard on the show in comparison to TCW; but now I feel as though it's taken a fine direction. TCW was about the Clone Wars as a whole. There were full arcs that did not involve Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Nor Ahsoka. Rebels is more intimate; dealing with the emergence of the rebellion that will eventually defeat the Empire. And we're fortunate enough to join the merry band of the Ghost Crew to witness how everything comes to order.

Sudooku likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think for their next show they need to take this into consideration. The next show should not focus TCW or Rebels characters a minor characters instead they should not appear at all if they are going to be secondary. People are to invested in establish characters to care about both the new and the old.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

But the problem is that there are still unresolved character stories that may or may not be addressed by the time the final credits role in Rebels. Will Rex survive? What happens to Hera? And Barriss as mentioned of course. There were many character stories that were left unresolved when TCW was cancelled. Rebels may have closed the book on a few of them, but odds are there will still be leftovers.

17. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    As much as I would have liked more screentime for those characters in Rebels: There must be some glue to hold everything together. In TCW is was the Order of the Jedi. What should have it been in Rebels instead? The inquisitor's academy at Umbara?

Without that bracket of new fresh characters, Maul, Ahsoka and Rex would never had been bought together at all. It is the hope and the unwavering faith in the good in the Galaxy that drives forward that series. And that is not only reasonable but just the right thing.

And concerning Rex: Isn't he identified as that white-bearded Rebel-guy at Endor ?

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Was that actually confirmed by the studio heads, or is it still a rumor?

19. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Ahsoka's Tano: Not yet after this report but Dave Filoni did think publicly about it and I think that means something. I expect this to happen - maybe next year.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think that Barris will return as an Inquisitor in a sequel to the Ahsoka novel. Her character arc is so tied to Ahsoka's that i can't see them wrapping up her fate in Rebels

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

We'll see. I haven't heard anywhere about a probable follow up to the novel; there's just as much a chance that a comic series will come out instead. Maybe after Rebels ends and her character gets a final resolution.

whostheBossk likes this.