main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Beckham be taken to the World Cup?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ooh_Aah_Cantona, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    No doubt, but you'd have thought that Fergie would have known it was a terrible risk to play Beckham if his foot wasn't 100% or thereabouts...

2. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    exactamundo Poods. He wouldn't play him unless he was able to play. It wouldn't have made a difference if he was fully fit or not. A tackle like that is going to do some damage.

3. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
  4. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    True... true...

5. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    110%

Are you mocking me OJK?

[image=http://www.epita.fr:8000/~buzz/Images/Buzz/Small/Buzz%20Stop%20small.jpg]

6. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    No. This is mocking you:

[image=http://www.geocities.com/PaleScene/Images/ChGall/HerrLipp.jpg] <--------- picture of OAC

7. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    that may have been funny. But I can't see the pic......

8. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    Its a pic of you.

9. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    It looks like he's had a plunger stuck to his face for a year

10. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    //struggles to not laugh @ OJK's and Poodu's posts.

s0ds.

11. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    It looks like he's had a plunger stuck to his face for a year

Yes .... and that really shows up in the picture, too.

12. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    stoppit. there's an external trainer in my office and I keep giggling at the screen.

13. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    He also appears to have donated his lips to Jordan

14. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    thank you sam. The trainer and everybody in my office now wants to know why I'm laughing at them.....git X2

15. nemco1

nemco1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2001
    I'm sorry but i'm with Ramesh on this one Fergie is sooooo to blame. He's scottish what does he care is England Fail.
    his main worries as he has stated is the champions league

16. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    and quite right too. Even if he was english, he gets paid by his club, not the FA.

17. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Thanks Nemco. That's twice in as many months that someone here as agreed with me! :)

18. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001
    I would just like to say panic over.

Uri Geller's gonna heel Beckscums foot.

Or sorry - no.

WE are gonna heel Beckscum's foot, with Uri's help.

[preacher] Lay your hands on a picture! A picture I tell ya! [/preacher]

19. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    God knows it worked for Michael Jackson's nose.

[image=http://www.tcom.co.uk/hpnet/content/uri_mj.jpg]

20. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001
    In that it's still on his face? Or that it bends to the left?

21. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Ryan Giggs has offered hope to Manchester United colleague David Beckham as he aims to recover from a broken foot in time for England's World Cup campaign.
    Giggs suffered a similar problem to that which is threatening to wreck Beckham's dream of leading England in Korea and Japan.

The Wales international was back in action 36 days after suffering the injury against Derby County in October 1998.

If Beckham follows a similar schedule, he could even have an outside chance of playing in the Champions League Final on 15 May if United get there.

22. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    They say the foot's only going to be in plaster two weeks, if that, before being let out into bandage/brace for the rest of the recovery. So maybe not as bad as first thought. I'm sure people will be working round the clock to keep everything in shape :)

And Beckham himself is targetting a possible return in the Euro final (assuming Utd make it)...

23. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    He shouldn't push it. Playing the the european final could put him out of the world cup. Those extra couple of weeks healing time could make the difference.

24. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    i'd rather he played in the european final (if we get there) than the world cup......

25. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Dec 13, 2000
    Gary Neville says David Beckham's broken foot is less of a worry for England but more of an immediate concern to United.
    Beckham is out of action for six weeks after picking up the injury in United's Champions League success over Deportivo La Coruna, and Neville has hit out at the manner in which the focus has principally been on how his absence will affect England's World Cup hopes.
    Neville has put club before country by stressing that it will be United who suffer in the short term from Beckham's injury.
    Neville said: "Leading your country into a World Cup is as big as it gets for a player but, to be honest, I am less worried about England than Manchester United at the moment.
    "The World Cup is weeks away and none of us will know for a month at least whether the healing process has been successful.
    "People can speculate all they like - and, because it involves Becks, there will be no shortage of that - but at Old Trafford we have to deal with the facts and more pressing matters like reaching the European Cup final and giving Arsenal a run for their money in the league.
    "The World Cup will be massive when it comes around but hearing some of the reaction you would have thought that United didn't have any games in the next six weeks."
    Neville says it will be a blow to United if Beckham misses out on the prospect of a second possible Champions League final appearance, and that the World Cup will not be at the forefront of his thoughts.
    "We have a chance of reaching the European Cup final against Barcelona or Real Madrid and if Becks hasn't recovered, missing that will be hard enough to handle before he even starts to turn his mind to the Far East," Neville told The Times.
    "At United, we are more worried about Chelsea away a week on Saturday than we are about the World Cup."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.