main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Callista Appear in the NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Nov 11, 2001.

?

Should Callista Appear in the NJO?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yes, it will add a new element to the series

7.3%
  2. Yes, it will resolve the characters fate

2.4%
  3. Yes, a combination of the above two choices

19.5%
  4. No, the character is old, and best forgotten

19.5%
  5. No, the character has no relevance for the NJO

12.2%
  6. No, a combination of the above two choices

34.1%
  7. Undecided, I wouldn’t care either way

4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
  2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I believe that Callista appearing in the NJO would both resolve her character?s fate, plus add a new element to the series. It could perhaps get Luke thinking about his past relationships, and add elements of confusion there, plus Callista?s whereabouts could be of vital importance to the storyline? ie: what she was doing in the ?missing years? could be of great importance to the overall victory against he Yuuzhan Vong.

3. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Nope; she had her fifteen minutes of fame. I'd like to see Luke find out, let's say, how she died or something, but unless it was well done it might just turn into a sort of soap opera. If it was done like the return of Anna Sheridan on B5, I would like that. But it won't be, so, no.

4. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It might be interesting, but I doubt it would be a pivotal occurrence in the story line of the NJO.

5. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    Didn't Callista said goodbye to Luke and the readers in the end of PoT? IMO, I believe other than her past relation with Luke, what she can contribute to the story are intend to be accomplished by Vergere.

6. Ornitier

Ornitier Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2000
    After having a child then you wouldn't expect Luke to sway. Then considering it's Mara child too, if Luke were to do cheat with another person we can pretty much assume he'd be dead. I think it would be interesting just to learn if she does turn to the dark side though in light of these events, or if she just died since she was hit by a speeder or something.

7. LordMoltar

LordMoltar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2001
    I admit Calista was fairly interesting, but after the mess that was "Planet of Twilight", it's probably for the best we simply let her fade from memory. I mean, aside from making some unusual meetings with Luke and Mara, what other purpose could she serve?

8. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Yes - Force or no Force (well, at least no Light Side), Callista is inifinitely more the Jedi than Mara Jade will ever be. Her absence, like many other Jedi and possible Jedi characters is annoying at the very least.

It's about time she shows up.

9. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    no let the old hag be.

10. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    LOL @ ET!

Couldn't agree more. What possible use could she have for advancing the plot other than to cause friction between the increasingly-close Luke and Mara?

11. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    The return of Callista could really provide an interesting link between the NJO and the Jedi of the Old Republic, don't you think ....add in the mix that she still has feelings for Luke . . . I see interesting plot twists!

I agree with Genghis12 that Callista is more of a jedi than Mara . . . not that I don't like Mara . . I really do. But Callista possesed a hightened knowledge of the force. I'm not so sure that Luke could have transferred his essense into the computer of a ship, even now!

12. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    and then she did into a person violated the jedi code and lost her lightside powers.

13. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Good Lord, NO! THe NJO is doing fine. It doesn't need Callista to come along and ruin it.

I can't stress enough, NO!

14. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Unsure. Could be good, could be bad

15. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Sith, NO!!! That woman is baaaaddddd!!!!!!!!! :D

16. Silencer-7

Silencer-7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 1999
    I'd agree to an appearance of Callista if we could get one of Mr. Cole Fardreamer.

17. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    No. No. Absolutely not.

18. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    any author is capable of doing a better callista than hambly.

19. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    I think she should come back, get angry at luke for being w/ Mara, turn to the dark side, get captured by the vong, and become the finished product of what was started in Tahiri.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.