main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Celebration III Be in Indianapolis?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Darthvaderocks06, Apr 21, 2003.

?

Should Celebration III Be in Indianapolis?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    NO WAY! It belongs in San Diego!

2. Mara_Skywhiner

Mara_Skywhiner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    of course!!! no matter where I go for college I can get to indy in a few hours. Indy is at the top of my list!
    ~Mara

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Indy was fun...and I think the complaints about overcrowding (while valid concerns) was greatly exaggerated.

A large part of the problem was fanboys who felt the world revolved around their wants; you're going to get that anywhere! I actually helped one of the volunteers (Saturday) with crowd control at the bottom of the staircase...and was disgusted at how many people were so rude to someone merely trying to keep EVERYONE safe.

Chicago would be interesting (never been there)...how large is their convention center compared to Indy?

San Diego...while expensive for me (what isn't in this economy)...wouldn't be so bad! Plus it would be a chance to visit Sea World; I used to work at Sea World Cleveland...and I think some of "da boyz" (whales) ended up there!

4. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Indy WAS fun! I had the time of my life! However... and I mean NO disrespect, but it really, really was overcrowded. I'm not in any way a fanboy. Gender, age, and predilection doesn't allow for it. I'm just a mere fan who had a great time but had a very hard time getting from place to place on Friday and Saturday. I could have used more room to get to where I was going on time. I didn't see some things because of that problem. Got to the Dome very early in the morning, but just couldn't negotiate the space for the crowds. I really hope it's Indy again... just hope there's more room!

I'm sorry volunteers got rude comments from some fans. The volunteers (especially the 501st!) I met were always courteous and extremely helpful. Celeb II wouldn't have been as great as it was if not for them.

5. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    C2 was crowded mainly because they did not know how may people would come, so they did not rent too much space. Now they would get more space because they are sure there will be a big turnout.

6. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Well, according to Sebulba-X's new post, it's most likley Indy.

So, I'm going to lock this up now. Thank all of you who voted, and May The Force Be With You in Indy, 2004!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.