main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Should Disney Do Special, Special Editions?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by MidKnighT, Jan 21, 2016.

?

Should Disney Make Changes to the OT That The Fans Would Want?

1. Yes, fix some of George's Special Edition screw ups

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. No, leave the OT alone, it's been through enough already.

27 vote(s)
    69.2%
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If they want to do a theatrical re-release, the lightsabers would be a problem if they use the 2011 versions.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  2. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    There's a part inside of me telling me that Disney shouldn't further change Lucas' changes in the OT. But here are the changes that I think should, or should not be done:

3. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Too-Gon Onbourbon Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    That lightsaber closing sound has bugged me for decades now! How did we get the THX and SE and still have that timing/sound messed up? My brain would accept it as closing if it was just in synch.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I voted for the second option. I may not agree with all of Lucas's changes, but he didn't ruin the films. He improved them and also made a few silly choices. They are fabulous films. I'm definitely not a SE/2004DVD/2011Bluray hater. I may not like a few of the changes, but I accept them as a whole.

I would rather not see Disney mess with them. Let Disney do Disney. They can own Lucasfilm. It's cool. It's fine. Np. IMO, the only dark films Disney should do are films like the 2003, 2006, and 2007 Pirates films.
    No, leave the OT alone, it's been through enough already.

5. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    As far as I'm concerned, they just need to complete remaster of all the films and be sure to release the theatrical and special editions of the OT together. As much as I love my Blu-ray set, I have to admit the transfers weren't all that great and there is room for some improvement.

6. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I'd just be grateful to have a high quality BD set of the OOT to add to my copious SW film collection.

I own so many versions of the CT already that one more would finally make the circle complete.

7. Poe loves Rey

Poe loves Rey Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2015
    No, they should just release the theatrical versions for those who don't have Harmy's cuts.

8. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    1. Release the theatrical versions on BRD.

2. Release editing software specially designed to help fans make their own cuts of the Star Wars films. This way we can splice the OOT and SE versions together into our own preferred master cuts!

theMaestro likes this.
  9. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    The big issue is really that they release the original versions with good remastering, if they do that I have no problem if they also want to release new special editions with a bit of tinkering as well.

Honestly they probably are in a better position to tweek some of the FX work today than Lucas was in the 90's with modern CGI being better able to ape the model look.

10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed. I want the OOT on Blu-ray so bad it's not funny. It's the missing piece in our hearts. I'm praying it happens in a few years.

11. Metal Lord

Metal Lord Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2016
    The survey is biased, there are no options for people who are ok with or like the changes that Lucas made.
    The original movies look very dated in some scenes. They are cool but I think that fixing some issues is a good thing.
    Sometimes the sabres have wrong colors, for example. There's a creature in a Mos Eisley scene that is hanging on wires in plain view. Some aliens, such as in Jabba's palace, are painful to watch. Just replace them with new puppets, costumes or CGI. And so on... A bit of tastefully executed updates is good from my point of view . the PT made Star Wars much bigger with loads of planets and creatures.
    Are Lucas' latest versions available on Blu Ray right now? The first special editions were not so good, but according to what I saw online they became better, didn't they? In the last version, Solo and that alien shoot simultaneously, for example. Hence, Han still is a badass without making him look too brutal to younger viewers. A change I am ok with. And the look of the originals needed to be polished, Luke's sabre is white in at least one scene.

12. Pax12

Pax12 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 14, 2015
    Just get rid of all the stupid changes, stupid as in those that take up more than one second screen time and add subtle CGI for explosions. Then, never touch the OT again.

Nate787 likes this.
  13. Demetre

Demetre Jedi Padawan

Mar 18, 2016
    I want Darth Vader's "NOO" in ROTJ, but "Jedi Rocks" is really terrible