main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Should Disney reboot/re-edit the Prequels eventually?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by ObiSpamBaloney, Nov 9, 2014.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    No. Do not remake the prequels. Do not reboot them. Do not even reedit them, for all the good that would do. I'm am by no means the biggest fan of them, but I genuinely see no benefit of doing that. I mean, for one thing you'd completely break the canon that's currently established. You'd lose The Clone Wars, and thus Rebels, and you'd lose the Kanan ongoing and the Obi-Wan & Anakin miniseries, and even the OT Marvel comics refer to the prequels in many instances, so that's down the crapper, too. You'd lose this entire canon, which they went out of their way to say every piece of counts, and you'd risk ostracizing a huge amount of fans. You think officially decanonizing the never-really-canon-to-begin-with EU turned people off? Yeah, imagine doing that again, but with the new canon and with three films that do in fact have a sizable fanbase, particularly in younger millennials and post-millennials. It would be an absolute mess.

Cyreides, Lulu Mars, Nate787 and 6 others like this.
  2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    No more prequels, remakes of the PT or otherwise. Keep the story moving forward.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    An Infinities type thing of each story would be fun. Like the OT Infinities comics from the 2000's.

rumsmuggler and Lulu Mars like this.
  4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I like the Infinities concept. I'd be onboard with that!

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    ANH Infinities and ROTJ Infinities were great. ESB was good too but not as good imo.
    So many ways to take the PT.

6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    No. They should keep their muddy hands off of Lucas's perfect saga.

CIS Droid likes this.
  7. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    If Lucas's Star Wars Saga was perfect then he never would have made the special editions to improve them, herp derp. He knew the movies were flawed.

Force Smuggler likes this.