main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Should disney reboot the prequels?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by General grievance, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General grievance

General grievance Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2016
    Why doesn't Disney reboot the prequels i mean episodes 1-3 were failures critically (yes i know they made a lot of money) the movies have wooden acting, horrible CGI and characters so it would be perfect to have a great trilogy to go along with the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy.
    I mean the only good movie was revenge of the sith. Disney could even use the same basic too.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Before the mod swoop in and shut the thread.

No. Just no. This topic is brought ever so often (usually to bait us); PT is fine, TCW made them even better.

3. museinwoodenshoes

museinwoodenshoes Jedi Master star 4

Nov 25, 2015
    We already have a thread for that:)

And, just fyi: You are on the Prequel boards, where people in general like the Prequels. So, without going out on a limb, I don't think many here would like to see Disney meddling with the Lucas films.

ObiWanKnowsMe and Ezon Pin like this.
  4. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Ohhh you just joined the forums huh? Didn't you read the rules on the way in?

DanielUK likes this.
  5. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Too late for that now....

6. museinwoodenshoes

museinwoodenshoes Jedi Master star 4

Nov 25, 2015

They are can do whatever they want in their new films. As long as they leave I - VI out of it I am good. Those aren't films they made and the foundation of SW; the only person meddling with them should be the George himself.

Evening Star and Ezon Pin like this.
  7. SeventySeven

SeventySeven Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    It's funny, there is a strong negative correlation between length of time joined and strength of PT bashing post.

I think I worked it out. Over at TFA central there is a cave you must go in if you don't like TFA, so when people first join, they see the PT section and think this must similarly be a cave right? It is where everyone sits round and moans about those films, because...well....as we know ....nobody actually likes them do they.

I think it is done in a naive spirit of 'well this is teh 'net right?' Internet + Star Wars = hate as far as the eye can see.

"R2 - shut down the main reaction thread on level 2. ARRR TOOOO !!!!"

8. jaex

jaex Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    I have a bad feeling about this...

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    NO PERIOD EXCLAMATION POINT

JUST NO

10. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003

[removed insult], the original Star Wars trilogy was never critically acclaimed by critics, but since critics are stupid populists and most of them have no mind of their own they saw how much of a phenomenon Star Wars was and they went into revisionist history saying that they always loved all the Star Wars movies and they were always critically acclaimed a lot of them revised their reviews at the time the special editions came out in 1997. What I find to be most detestable by critics is by some who originally gave some of the prequels positive reviews and raved about them all of a sudden trashed them, and that was especially the case when the Phantom Menace was released again in theaters in 2012 in 3D. The Force Awakens was going to break records regardless of what the critics said because people love Star Wars, critics can go to hell, they are the same people who always looked down on Star Wars fans as immature adults who wont grow up and play with their action figures and who are too immature to appreciate their precious avant garde films. It really says something when about 80% of new users start stupid posts most of the users I have ignored have been those who have registered here in the past six months....

11. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I'm sure you know that this is a topic that has been discussed plenty of times. Yes, the acting is not as good at the originals. Some people don't like how much the CGI was used. A lot of people hate the prequels because of even Hayden Christensen's acting(which I don't understand at all). Basically, the point I'm trying to make here is that why would Disney want to remake the prequel trilogy when they are a huge success financially and people continually buy them online and at stores, to this day? The prequels created a new generation of Star Wars fans. The prequels also lead to a very successful animated series "The Clone Wars" that is extremely popular and even that show brought in new fans to the saga. So there's really no reason for Disney to ever recreate or rethink the prequels.

Now, if Disney ever did this (I doubt they will but anything is possible), I wouldn't boycott the movies. I would go and watch them and see if I liked them. I doubt I would enjoy them as much as the prequels we have now because I absolutely love the PT. Even if Disney ever did "de-canonize" the prequels and created their own, I would always consider The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones,and Revenge Of The Sith to be canon.

George Lucas did not try and feed the fans the same stuff he did with the originals. He created the films how he thought of the story and what he thinks it's supposed to be. As he is the creator of SW, I say what he originally thinks is right. He didn't want a lot of hatred towards the prequels but that's how it happened since he created them the way he wanted to. Sure, there's his dialogue that many people can't stand (not me, I think his dialogue is unique and I enjoy the PT's dialogue... Besides- it's another galaxy, should they really talk that similar to us anyway ?) and yes many people can't get invested in the films because the CGI doesn't look real. But there are millions of prequels fans compared to not-so-many prequel-haters. The prequels only seems to be hated because opinions on the internet can make a huge uproar. I showed the entire saga to my girlfriend, she didn't think she would like Star Wars, now she considers herself a casual fan of it. She prefers the prequels over the originals and she was surprised when I told her about how much negativity there is on the internet about the prequels. Anyways, now I'm just rambling but there is no point in Disney ever retconning and remaking the prequels. Don't get me wrong, I would watch them to see Disney's take on the prequels but I would never view them as true canon.

#GeorgeLucasPrequels4Life !

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  12. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    This isn't even really substantial enough to merge with the other "PT remake" thread, so

Locking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.