main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Should Disney Remake 1, 2 & 3?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MLMFalcon94, Apr 25, 2015.

?

If Disney took an prequel character, and put them into their version of Ep. 123, who should it be?

1. Darth Maul

48 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Qui Gon Jin

34 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Queen Amidala/Padme

29 vote(s)
    30.9%
  4. Count Dooku

20 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Any of the new Jedi

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    No, no Disney reboots please!

That said...Welcome to the boards! :)

Andy Wylde and MLMFalcon94 like this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Let the Prequels stand as they are. If they want to make spin off movies with a few characters, I wouldn't mind seeing Jinn and Dooku fleshed out.

3. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I think Disney should just leave the Prequels alone. Disney has a reputation of... not doing too well on some of the things they reboot/buy (since, y'know, they aren't the originals). Let them focus on new movies and content.

Poe loves Rey, Andy Wylde and KenW like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  5. Codster

Codster Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2015
    What Vader said.

6. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Absolutely not. There's no reason to. The only way the prequel will ever be remade is if Disney decides to full on reboot all of Star Wars. As of right now Disney is trying to keep all films canon.

7. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    As much as I would love a good PT, no. Let that era slide and focus on the ST era and the OT era. Bring back the Adventures of Luke Skywalker.

only one kenobi likes this.
  8. Tolvo

Tolvo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    It's not going to happen. Disney-Lucasfilm would never remake anything directed by the franchise's creator himself. If the original trilogy isn't gonna get remade, the prequels aren't gonna be either.

Andy Wylde and KenW like this.
  9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The moment any of the films get remade is likely when I stop being invested in Star Wars. As flawed as they are, and despite anyone's personal feelings on them, the PT currently comprises half the canon as far as the general public is concerned, and for the fans who are a bit more into it, a huge chunk of the current canon is built around it. You'd be scrapping a great deal of creative material that's already being heavily referenced in everything from the books to the comics to the TV shows. I was completely fine with them abolishing the EU, and in 20 years or so they decide they want to override the current canon and start over again, I'd be fine with that too, even though I'm really enjoying it. The films, however, need to remain constant.

JoshieHewls and B99 like this.
  10. Noxos

Noxos Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2015
    Posting here since I guess I'm not allowed to post anywhere else since I'm new/low post count...

Does anyone think this is possible at some point? It seems like Hollywood in general is always stumbling over themselves to reboot proven storylines etc..., and the prequels are one series where the public would largely welcome it. Win-win for everyone right?

11. wookiedookie

wookiedookie Jedi Knight

Feb 24, 2013
    I'm confused, do you mean add more episodes to the prequels or remake them?

12. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes, I believe it's possible they may even reboot the whole thing but this isn't a popular stance here.

13. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not everyone. Some of us are okay with the prequels. It may be a crazy idea, I know. :p

But hey, I think the actors were fine, and I can't see anyone else in those roles. So rewriting the script and Disney rebooting with them may be okay. If I don't dislike VII.
    Unfortunately not every actor can come back though, which is sad.

Tonyg likes this.
  14. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    It wouldn't be the same if they used different actors. It would be very difficult to find someone to play Han's role considering Harrison Ford did an outstanding job playing the role of Han Solo.

Poe loves Rey likes this.
  15. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I think instead of rebooting it, they're just going to move on from that time period entirely and focus on other stuff. The post-ROTJ era now requires the most attention, and so far they're pretty keen on developing more OT era material as well.

16. Noxos

Noxos Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2015
    I only meant the prequels --- not the OT. Even speaking of remaking the OT is sacrilegious ;)

And I guess "reboot" was the wrong term --- I meant a straight remake. Just off the top of my head, one example of this happening was with Total Recall.

17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I like the Prequels the way they are with the exception of Jar Jar....

18. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Noxos! :)

First of all, it's cool to have you here! We love to get new people. It's fun to meet new ones and to learn about (possible) new views and since everyone is different, you will bring in your own character somehow. :)

Second, you are allowed to post at every place like everyone else around! There's no limit that one needs. Not time-wise, not post-wise. So, why do you think it is like that?

And third, this board isn't for discussing the prequels (PT), so I will close this one soon (after you've answered my question). But that doesn't mean, that you can't discuss your thought. Please, feel free to visit the PT board and get in contact with the mods over there (Bazinga'd or heels1785). They will tell you, if it really fits to their board or they lead you to the correct place. This avoids another locked thread and thus frustration on your side. I hope you understand what I mean. It's not about being new, but about the wrong place. This needs a bit time to find it out, indeed. Or you simply ask a mod. We are here to help you! :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

Bazinga'd, heels1785, is PT the right board or would you lead him to another place?

Edit: Thanks, Heels, and of course, this thread of PT won't get locked by me. ;)

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Thanks, Skiara!

Noxos, the PT boards would indeed be the right place, and we actually have a thread that is nearly identical to this. I am going to bring this thread over to our boards now and merge it into the existing thread - feel free to read the sticky threads at the top of the forum, and enjoy yourself!

20. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Talking about sliding!

Why would anyone want it good when it's already great!

Besides that realistically and logistically the larger prequel era is what happens BEFORE IV A New Hope.

Hence prequel.

A prequel is a literary, dramatic, or filmic work whose story precedes that of a previous work, by focusing on events that occur before the original narrative. A prequel is a work that forms part of a back-story to the preceding work.

The definition for some seems to be anything past ROTS somehow becomes "OT" and that the 20 years or so BEFORE ANH belong to the "OT"

Rebels is before ANH. Rogue One is before ANH and so will the Han Solo and the likely Boba Fett movie be as well. You can't escape the fact that these are all prequels.

Then of course if they do an Obi-Wan movie or series of Obi-Wan movies that also will be prequels as well.

Now of course to me it's all one saga and the terms "PT" and "OT" are merely basic descriptors but even using it in that term one should try to use it accurately.

Between the PT and TCW the story therein ripples forward through EVERYTHING that is being done from the new movies to books, comics, games etc.

So if someone likes they call the time between ROTS and ANH the PT/OT era or prequel era 2 or something.

21. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    heels1785: Wasn't this thread locked a month ago by the managers? I remember wanting to write something here a few weeks ago but it was locked.

22. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    I don't think any Star Wars film should be remade. They're great they way they are and shouldn't be changed.

A remake probably will happen considering how uncreative many people are but not in our lifetime.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  23. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    To answer the question, "Should Disney Remake 1, 2 & 3?"

Simple answer: No!

The story is relevant to the saga and is an important piece of it. If you don't like the prequels, it doesn't mean that there should be a remake. There are enough fan-edits of the movies around the internet that you can enjoy if you want to.

By the way, why remaking the PT and not the OT while we are at it? Because...the OT is "sacrilegious"? They are also old and dated movies as the prequels, and for some people it doesn't make it very well either. :p

You should you read that review from a new viewer in China who has never seen the original trilogy before and saw it during a premiere in cinema, in China:

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/movies/original-star-wars-trilogy-screens-in-china-for-121694191287.html

24. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

No..and NO! :p

Andy Wylde and thejeditraitor like this.
  25. Kururu

Kururu Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2007
    No! The prequels are great as they are.