main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Should Disney Remake 1, 2 & 3?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MLMFalcon94, Apr 25, 2015.

?

If Disney took an prequel character, and put them into their version of Ep. 123, who should it be?

1. Darth Maul

48 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Qui Gon Jin

34 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Queen Amidala/Padme

29 vote(s)
    30.9%
  4. Count Dooku

20 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Any of the new Jedi

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Please, no. They're already fine for me. I know they aren't for some people, but I like them. I would love to see a Maul or Dooku spin-off, though.

Andy Wylde and Prisic Duskleap like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Yes it was. However, a similar thread was posted in WNU that garnered some discussion, so I decided to bring it here, merge, and unlock.

3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    It won't happen. They are building themselves into a corner with continuity if they were going to. If they were going to at any point they would have done so immediately.

Andy Wylde and thejeditraitor like this.
  4. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Yes.

Oh, wait. No. I meant no.

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Should Disney Remake 1, 2 & 3?
    [​IMG]

xezene, DBPirate, CIS Droid and 12 others like this.
  6. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    No I think we're stuck with the prequels as they are. If you remade them you'd still have to stick with the main story beats from those films. That's what the rest of the canon now relies on. All you'd be doing is hopefully improving the dialogue, the acting, the effects etc etc. Wait actually that doesn't sound so bad. Still, can't see them wasting $100M per movie on doing that. Also they wouldn't do it while GL is still around. Would be very disrespectful.

Anyway in a few decades the whole Saga will probably be remade with some new format like holographic 3D or whatever. Same with every other big franchise.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    The prequels were disappointing but they shouldn't be re-made. No way --- don't want Star Wars going down that rabbit hole.

They are what they are. Just park them in the garage and drive new cars.

That's what Disney is doing.

Besides, after the ST is unveiled and the Anthologies get rolling, the PT can much more easily be roped off from the future of the franchise.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  8. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

There is no way in the world I would watch a remake of Episodes I-III. I love them just the way they are - both virtues and flaws.

9. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Good. At least then the PT era won't be milked to all hell in order to satisfy Disney's shareholders, like the OT era probably will be.

10. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    No remakes, they wiould just pander to the basher crowd.

DBPirate and Andy Wylde like this.
  11. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015

The probability that Disney might mess more with the OT era that the PT and ST eras would be higher since they are judging that all things related to the OT is more profitable than other Star Wars content.

I just saw Ant-Man from Marvel and for many people, it felt a little bit messy and void when comparing to what Marvel has managed to deliver so far. Proving that Marvel, Lucasfilm and Disney can make many mistakes even if, for now, a lot of people see the acquisition of Lucasfilm by Disney as a good thing. The probability that they might mess with Star Wars and the OT era are relatively higher by focusing only on it.

At least, the mistakes that Disney might do in the future by focusing only on the OT can give another bone to chew for PT haters and OT purists, and leave the PT and its fans alone after bashing them for almost 20 years. :p

DBPirate and Andy Wylde like this.
  12. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    You raise a very good point.

The more material produced increases the chances of mistakes and blunders as well as new classics and masterpieces.

Hopefully Disney leaders want to produce memorable stories of high quality as much as they want to please shareholders. I think they do. But you're right --- there's always a risk in creating new things.

13. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I could see how someone like the reviewer in that article who probably grew up on chinese wu shu film and kung fu films would think the action of the ot was like children fighting, but it is simply a different style.

I just do not think the disney people would do this to george lucas, if they do won't be until after he is long dead because it and even then it would be in bad taste because it would be like spitting on his grave. Even though disney owns star wars now and for the forseeabke future George lucas will always be the man who created it and it just redoneverything he did would just be wrong morally. right now disney and lucas film are run by people he is friends with and they would not do that to him. I for one am hoping he will get a based on characters created by screen credit for the st and the anthology films as it would be the right thing to do(similar to Rodenberry name is still in the trek credits)

14. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    No, they absolutely should not remake them.

I mean, sure, eventually Disney will remake the entire Saga [face_sick], but to single out the PT is unconscionable.

15. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    No the PT were very successful movies with TPM making the most in the box office of any SW film. The PT improved upon the OT in many ways and the PT is better. Let Disney keep making ST movies and milking the OT.

Andy Wylde and Prisic Duskleap like this.
  16. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I find it funny that people think that Disney would JUST remake the PT. I hope the folks who are secretly hoping this realize that if Disney remakes the PT, they're going to remake the precious OT, too.

17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I hope people realise not everyone puts OT on a pedestal like oh so many snidely imply and say and it's old. They will likely attempt remaking the whole of SW and I have suspected so from point of sale. Those that keep saying 'impossible! or only 'ones I dislike' aren't being realistic. Nothing is really off the table. Even if deals were made they also *change*.

Tonyg likes this.
  18. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    If Disney could remake them they would do the OT first since it is older and they seem to be more interested in that era. They already have to find somebody to play the new Han Solo for the spin-off film.

19. JoshieHewls

May 16, 2013
    Who's being snide? Look around. Everyone asking for Disney to remake the prequels aren't looking for, or looking forward to, an OT remake.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  20. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    No remakes.

I think a story dealing with a younger Qui-Gon mentoring under a younger-ish Dooku and Dooku's subsequent leaving the Jedi Order would be a fun stand alone. Show Yoda & Windu's reaction to Dooku leaving/ Qui-Gon's emerging "defiance" etc. The film could end with Qui-Gon taking on a new apprentice named Obi-Wan....

21. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

DBPirate, Andy Wylde and JEDI-RISING like this.
  22. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    If you say so, Hewls.

23. JoshieHewls

May 16, 2013
    Show me the "Should Disney remake the Saga" thread in the Saga forum to prove me wrong (hint: you won't find it). Folks are only talking about it for the PT (as opposed to, I don't know, sanely getting over the fact that there were a few movies made that they didn't like).

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There are OT remake threads in the OT section.

25. JoshieHewls

May 16, 2013
    There sure is (I rescind my previous statement), and it's pretty much made up of "No" or "No, but they can remake the prequels." Which is the basis of my argument that there are folks that don't want their favorite films touched, but that Disney by all means should remake those "awful" prequels.