main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Should Disney Remake 1, 2 & 3?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MLMFalcon94, Apr 25, 2015.

?

If Disney took an prequel character, and put them into their version of Ep. 123, who should it be?

1. Darth Maul

48 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. Qui Gon Jin

34 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. Queen Amidala/Padme

29 vote(s)
    30.9%
  4. Count Dooku

20 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Any of the new Jedi

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    No, I like the prequels. I don't want new replacement films.

2. Matthaeus Sunrider

Matthaeus Sunrider Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    No they should not remake the Prequels.

3. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    What if they remade the prequel story in the formula of an animated Disney classic or a fairy tale? It sums everything up in one film without having to make a whole live action trilogy.

Anakin and Obi-Wan return from battle during the Clone Wars and save the consul of the senate from the evil clone army. They return home to a celebration and finds out his wife is pregnant. Commander Skywalker is appointed the bodyguard of the consul until the crisis is averted. During his mission to guard the consul, he reveals he is a dark wizard and threatens to put a spell on his wife or Obi-Wan unless he does his bidding and becomes his apprentice. Seeing no choice, he gives into the dark side and attacks the Jedi temple and wipes out all of his enemies. If he fails to do the wizard's bidding, the spell will kill his wife. Some survivors make it to a volcanic planet to regroup. Obi-Wan joins them after learning of the attack. The consul uses the crisis to declare himself dictator for life. Anakin is confronted by Obi-Wan, knocked into a molten pit, scarred, and saved by the Emperor by being turned into a cyborg. The spell on his wife slowly kills her. The two unborn children are born and taken into hiding by the surviving Jedi.

4. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

EON Productions have done the same for the Bond movies. The only "prestigious" director they have ever directed was Sam Mendes. Otherwise, rest of their directors have been standard. Even the MGM Studios during Louis B. Meyer's reign had more or less followed this pattern, with the exception of a few "prestigious" directors like George Cukor and Vincent Minelli.

If Disney had followed the above plan, then the PT movies will have to remain untouched. If not, I will not bother to watch any of them. This is something I am adamant about. And contrary to what the bashers would like to think, there are a lot of PT fans out there who feel the same as I do. And there are a lot more PT fans out there than many assume there are.

5. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Nope. Disrespectful.

6. bibfortuitous

bibfortuitous Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 2000
    The Prequels should be left as they are.

7. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    I would buy a copy of the film and burn it. Or destroy it in some form just to achieve some feeling of self-satisfaction.

ThisHurricane and Andy Wylde like this.
  8. Prisic Duskleap

Prisic Duskleap Jedi Master star 3

Jul 24, 2014
    I really hope Star Wars is one franchise that is exempt from the remake treatment.

9. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    There is a mythological, timeless quality to the SW Saga. Remaking them would remove that key element.

10. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    No, leave the prequels alone.

I don't mind if they do more "Anthology" films that expand the era though.

DaddlerTheDalek and Darkslayer like this.
  11. MissJo

MissJo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 6, 2015

Exactly, there is much material to work with. No need for any remakes.

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think it will be. It's the one series that I think would be genuinely devalued were they to reset the film canon. You can do that ad infinitum with superhero series, as there are decades of often contradictory material to adapt in all manner of ways, but with Star Wars there's a core that can be expanded upon, but were you to undo it, the whole thing would collapse. The original films, and to a lesser extent the prequels as well, are such an ingrained part of not just film geek language, but our everyday pop culture lexicon (visually and verbally) that I think we'd see a huge outcry from all types if a remake of any kind were to be announced.

Fortunately, I think Kennedy is smart enough to realize what a franchise killer that would be. Yes, I do think Star Wars is unique in this respect, in a way no other film series so far has proven itself to be, and there's no way she doesn't recognize that. And I mean, given how vast the series' universe is, and the ability to tell all kinds of stories, separated by millennia, all while still keeping it comfortably under the same name, there's no real reason to do a remake other than for the shock value of, "Oh my god, have you heard? They're remaking Star Wars!"

13. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    No. I don't think any of the movies will be remade. Star Wars is ingrained in American Pop Culture. People still buy both trilogies! I can see more re edits in the future to uodate graphics and to add some scenes. But no remakes.

14. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    no because it would totally eliminate the validity of George Lucas' creation of Episodes1-2-3

15. nickrington

nickrington Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2015

I agree the Anthology series could be the guise to expand on the events of that era - the first two Anthology movies at least are essentially new prequals.

I was actually thinking about this the other day - if 1,2,3 were to be remade it should come from George and he should be involved that is the only thing that would give the move any legitimacy... seems unlikely - but Disney have demonstrated that they are happy to decanonize where necessary and I think as time goes on and if the PT ages as badly as I think it will then the issue will be dealt with... post ep IX.

16. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    If we get an anthology film it needs to be about the relationship between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn before TPM and another about Obi-Wan and Anakin before ATOC. Neither of those arcs were explored as much as they could've been.

17. SithMaul

SithMaul Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2015
    They should leave the prequels alone .

Andy Wylde and mes520 like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Only if they also do 4, 5 & 6

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just as long as they still release the original versions of TPM-ROTJ.

20. Toxic Spider

Toxic Spider Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    Nah, new movies will be better than remakes anyway.

21. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    What you can do is make films about events in between the PT films. E.g. the Clone Wars period of time. Or the time between Episode 3 and Episode 4, IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING ROTS.

Both eras hold infinite potential. It would be cool to see Clone Stormtroopers and the Empire being seen as good straight after ROTS.
    As for the Clone Wars, it gives us a chance to see more Jedi in action and more of this noble order.

darklordoftech and Darth Mikey like this.
  22. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

I doubt any remakes of the current six movies will be made during our lifetime. If they are . . . I won't go to see them.

You have "The Clone Wars" and "Rebels" cartoons.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  23. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    This.

24. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Leave the prequels alone. While maybe not cinematic tour de forces, they stand as the historical chapters to the Star Wars universe.

25. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    It'd be more interesting if Star Wars did alternate history or timeline situations of scenarios that might've been different. What if Count Dooku killed and betrayed Darth Sidious? What if the Jedi discovered plans for Order 66 earlier? What would happen if Qui-Gon lived?

Similar scenarios have been explored in other video games.

DarthTalonx likes this.