main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should EA Sports Follow In Sega Sports Footsteps and sign with a major spors Broadcastin corp?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I really think they should.I mean I would love to play Nhl 2004 with a Hockey Night In Canada theme and hearin Don Cherry's pregame houghts or sumthin around those lines ur thoughts?

2. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    It would make their marketing have to go through hell. It would also probably get tedious for us after a while.

Staying a nice mid-sized gaming company sounds about right. :)

3. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

Jan 28, 2003
    I wanna stay wit EA sports games but if they don't take some measures to improve their game presentation I mean I mite have to go to the 2k series. It just doesn't seem realistic to hear "welcome to Nhl 2003" I mean wut tv announcer is gonna say that. I understand it is a video game but I think it would be nice to have a broadcating corp.
    By the way was it easy for sega to acquire espn or did they go through allota crap?

4. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Sega's 2k series is far superior to all of the EA Sports games. Not just because they have the licensing rights to ESPN, but because the gameplay is much better.

5. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Sega's 2k series is far superior to all of the EA Sports games. Not just because they have the licensing rights to ESPN, but because the gameplay is much better.

That has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard, seriously. [face_laugh]

Anyway though, I think EA Sports is fine as it is. I mean on just about each game they have the best broadcasters for that sport, such as Madden for the Madden franchise and then Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreet, and Brad Nessler for NCAA Football...the list just goes on.

6. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

Jan 28, 2003
    yah it really does. Its just for hockey i'm sorta getting sick and tired of all these smart allicky quirks and metaphors. I mean i want some commentator that makes me excited to play the game!\

7. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Personally, i'm not a big fan of commentary in sports games. If you are supposed to be "in the game", you shouldn't have annoying announcers talking constantly.

I like player chatter more. Sure it won't be realistic because they aren't allowed to have swearing, but hearing a little trash from the other team is fun.

Sports games should only have the PA announcer, crowd noise, stadium music, and player chatter. It will make you feel like you're there.

8. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    NO.
    I once owned Fox Sports NHL and afte about 2 weeks you just skip through all the commementator pre game stuff anyway as it is the same.
    Why would EA want to waste money on getting a broadcast team rights when they could use that money to keep on improving their top quality games.

9. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

Jan 28, 2003
    nice, I guess it must be convinient for them just to keep wut they got.. I really think they should focus more on crowd detail, in game graphics and player AI
    In madden the computer is hard,pending on ur difficulty setting. Fifa to i am torn between semi pro and pro. I mean if i go to one degree its too hard if i go to the other its to easy. Also they should improve on crowd reaction.. I meann when i win the stanley cup i want the crowd to go absolutely nuts.. instead they quieet down! some tweeking does need to be dun but not too much(That leads to the dark side a.k.a a game that has not improved on its predesscor.) if these improvements are made i believe it will overall help these games and hopefully add to the presentation giving no need to sign wit a broadcasting corp.

10. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    That has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard, seriously.

I'm confused as to what exactly is so hilarious about that statement. The NHL2K series has been superior gameplay-wise to the EA Sports NHL series since it's original 2K installment. The Visual Concepts/Black Box team was better than EA right out of the gate, and that, IMO, was an inferior game to even NHL2K2 and 2K3. The Treyarch team really looked for input from hockey fans, and they got just that. From visiting Thunderpuck.com so regularly, they were able to get input as to what real hockey fans wanted to see in a hockey sim, something they've made 3 times, whereas EA Sports hasn't put out a hockey sim in ages.

Also, isn't this thread redundant?

NHL2003--It's in the Game, right?

11. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

Jan 28, 2003
    no that one was talkin about nhl 2003 in general

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.