main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Episode 3 feature a predominant Space Battle that ends the Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by ElfStar, Jun 14, 2002.

?

Should Episode 3 feature a predominant Space Battle that ends the Clone Wars?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Yes- It would contrast nicely with the land battle at the end of AotC

61.3%
  2. No, there should be another land battle.

4.2%
  3. A land battle and a space battle.

29.4%
  4. There should be no battles

0.8%
  5. Anything with explosions and CGI!

4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
  2. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Yes, yes, oh god yes.
    If we don't see a huge space battle in Ep. III, the PT won't feel complete.

3. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    We need to see the Imperial navy, so yes - but nothing on the scale of RotJ.

4. Gorion

Gorion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    The final battle between the Republic and the Separatists in the Alderaan system

5. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    One huge epic kicking energetic long supAr dupAR lightsaber fight and one ILM pumped up crazy explosions everywhere space battle.

:p

...seriously.

6. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Elfstar, I thought you didn't care about what Lucas does with the prequels. :p j/k

A space battle would be nice. It is after all "Star Wars" is it not? And they haven't been doing too much fighting amongst the stars in the last two Episodes...

7. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    We haven't had a really good space battle in the PT, so why not?

8. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well if the PT really rhymes with the OT then we should get ourselves THE greatest space battle of all time.

9. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Hell yes! But I'd like another land battle as well :D

10. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Elfstar, I thought you didn't care about what Lucas does with the prequels.

Only when he does something I don't like. :p

Seriously, though, I want Episode 3 to rock my world. I hope it's a great movie, just like all of you do.

11. Logray465

Logray465 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2002
    Just like to say hi because this is my first time posting but have been coming here for well over 2 years now. The Space battle would be great because we have to see that Anakin is the best sart fighter pilot in the galaxy. It would be cool to start off the movie with him in space fighting along with other jedi and General Kenobi. I think that they should be fighting aganst the clones. But it might be a little early for that. I say start off the movie with a nice space battle to show off Anakins skills.

12. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    "Only when he does something I don't like."

:) Fair Enough :)

Yes, the "best space pilot in the galaxy line" needs to be explained as I don't think Anakin's piloting skills had much to do with him accidentally blowing up that Trade Federation Ship. ;)

13. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    A space battle with an armored Darth Vader in the cockpit of some ship is what I want.

14. THE_Sith_Master

THE_Sith_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    Space Battle for Episode 3!!!! Maybe have Anakin fly a prototype version of his TIE Fighter. :cool:

15. CyberMasterWindu

CyberMasterWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2002
    In Episode III, we should see an epic space and land battle. The PT has been lacking an epic space battle so far, so it needs one. Anakin also needs to be shown as the "best starpilot in the galaxy." We also need a land battle with the space battle to show just how gigantic of a conflict the Clone Wars are. The Battle of Geonosis cannot possible be the only major land battle during the entire war. The Clone Wars were the biggest conflict in the history of the galaxy that spread out across many planets. Showing a land and a space battle would show effectively the magnificent scope of the Clone Wars.

16. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    The reason why I merely want a large space battle is because I don't want Lucas to concentrate on a flashy special effects battle moreso than on Anakin's fall to the dark side.

Anakin's Fall (and the rise of the Empire and fall of the Jedi that accomponies it) is what I want to see done, and done well. (in other words: not rushed) :)

17. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    I think we are due for a major space battle. I figure that it may open the movie or be action at the mid-point of the film. Maybe the fight for control of Coruscant. That could be cool, fighters among the skyscrapers and above the planet (which is barracaded by Star Destroyers.) I feel the climax will be just a lightsaber duel that everyone is expecting.

18. Darth_Vile

Darth_Vile Jedi Master

May 16, 2002
    Didn't Lucas promise the biggest space battle ever?
    I have no sources to verify, however...

Darth Vile

19. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I want it to be similar to ROTJ - the BIGGEST damn space battle yet, I'm talking dozens of starships and hundreds of fighters, preferably something that surpasses even ROTJ in scale - interspersed between the final battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin. Anakin can prove himself as the best pilot in the galaxy earlier in the movie, there should be at least one deep-space chase scene as well as the final battle. ;)

20. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I would love a big space battle. Hopefully with Star Destroyers kicking the crap out of those Trade Federation battleships.

My only concern is that the battle in ROTJ is the culmination of everything in the series, and perhaps should stand as the biggest one.

21. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    "I would love a big space battle. Hopefully with Star Destroyers kicking the crap out of those Trade Federation battleships."

Yeah, the TF ships are ugly. They deserve to be shot to heck by Star Destroyers. :)

22. Darth-Boba

Darth-Boba Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    There has to be a space battle because Obi-Wan says that Anakin the best pilot in the galaxy so their has to be a big space battle with anakin in it

23. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    But it might be a little early for that. I say start off the movie with a nice space battle to show off Anakins skills

Wouldn't this be cool....

epic battle, clones and Jedi fighting together against the Separatists(and yes, the clones are in Tie like ships, the Jedi in ships like Obi's). This all takes place at the begining, near a planet. During the battle, they talk about defending it and not giving ground. Battle ends, camera pans around to the other side of the planet to see....

Death Star I, under construction.

what do you think?

24. Darth-Boba

Darth-Boba Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Jedi Starfighters,X-Wings,Y-Wings,and B-Wings V.S Tie fighters Trade Federation Ships and Geonisan Fighters in the beginning that would be cool

25. Slaphe

Slaphe Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2002
    I want a big battle heck of a battle but light sabers would be cool too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.