Speculation Should epsiode 7 be in 3D

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 31, 2012.

?

Should Episode 7 be in 3D?

Yes 31 vote(s) 35.6%
No 45 vote(s) 51.7%
I don't know.. 11 vote(s) 12.6%
  1. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
  2. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    They've confirmed that it will be, haven't they?
  3. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    It would not surprise me. IMAX for sure.

Sent from TapaTalk HD
  4. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Hell, who knows if 3d will actually still be a huge market incentive by 2015?
  5. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    Anyway, they might as well shoot in 3D since they are converting the others anyway.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  6. Riven_JTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It probably will. As long as the non-3D version is the same and in beautiful HD, I don't care. I have no interest in 3D movies, for the most part.
  7. darth_mccartney Force Ghost

star 2
    No, no, no, no, no. 3D is not good. Quite annoying actually. lol
    R2-DK and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  8. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    No. But it probably will be.
  9. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I don't think they should, but that hasn't stopped any company from making a movie in 3d.
  10. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    You have the choice to choose what format you want to see it in, don't like 3D, don't see it.

I will be seeing it in IMAX though.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    No. No. No.
    As others have saidm it most likely will be, though. Regardless, I will avoid a 3-D showing of Episode 7 as if Jake Lloyd is portraying the role of Luke.
    -polymath- likes this.
  12. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't think that they should, but they probably will.
  13. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    ...Say what? That would be awkward...
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    No Arlon, what that would be is 'terrible'. The word you were looking for is terrible. Hence my use of it to convey my interest in 3D.
  15. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    3D is marketable and an excuse to charge more for tickets. But if they do it I hope it is IMAX because that way it will actually be decent, RealD is generally lame.
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, Oct 31, 2012
  16. Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost

star 4
  17. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  18. Bobatron Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It would definitely be in 3D. Consider what Lucas has said in the past couple of years about 3D and the future of film.
  19. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    No. No, no, no, no, no. I'm getting a little sick of the combination of headaches and feeling like rocks are getting shoved up my nose when I sit down to watch a film.
    WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  20. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I like 3D in those 45-minute science films they show at the science center, because then we get to see sea monsters coming out of the screen to eat us, which is thrilling and awesome.
    I have not seen and Star Wars movies in 3D, but from what I've read, the 3D is just like the kind in the Harry Potter films - no real point, people just stand out a bit more from the background. It's not worth it, IMO, because of extra cost and because 3D is still not perfect - I can still see two slightly differently placed images with 3D movies. Saying OMG 3D! SO COOL! when reality is that there's a tiny extra bit of depth is not worth the lowering in image quality to me. If you want 3D, use it!
  21. segask Force Ghost

star 1
    I think they should shoot in 3D. A main reason a lot (but I know not all) of people dislike 3D right now is because we have to wear glasses. Maybe 20-30 years from now they'll have figured out how to do 3D without the glasses. Shooting it in 3D assures they'll have real left/right eye data.
  22. Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight

I'm not fussed either way. At least it'll follow on from the rest of the saga being re-shown in cinemas in 3D so theres continuity in that respect. Wasnt the original plan to have every movie out each year in 3d until the anniversary in 2017? But then some news came out that they were going to have Ep 2 and 3 released together or something? Guess we know why now - to make way for 7 in 2015...
  23. klooney Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Yes of course, shot in 3D 48 fps HFR. None of this lame 2D post-covert rubbish. Do it properly and film it in 3D and it looks fantastic (Avatar, Prometheus, the Tron Legacy 3D parts) _or_ just stick to Nolan/Brad Bird-style classy 2D release with partial or complete IMAX. Trying to bilk consumers with fake 3D as an ongoing business model has to have a limited shelf life to it.

If anything should be shot in 3D it would be a Star Wars feature film (and the Marvel films really really ought to be shot in 3D too, but apparently they cannot afford to.)
  24. R2-DK Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    If they're going to do any 3D release, I would actually rather they post-convert it. Production is sooooo much easier when you only have to worry about making things look right on a flat canvas. Having to constantly make sure the depth is working out for everything is a serious restraint.
    Last edited by R2-DK, Nov 1, 2012
    Alderaan Luke likes this.
  25. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    News sites have been reporting is going to be 3D.