Speculation Should epsiode 7 be in 3D

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 31, 2012.

?

Should Episode 7 be in 3D?

Yes 31 vote(s) 35.6%
No 45 vote(s) 51.7%
I don't know.. 11 vote(s) 12.6%
  1. EviL_eLF Chosen One

star 4
    Nothing more overrated in the movie industry than 3d! Stay away!
  2. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Does it really matter if it's in 3D? I've never had a 2D screening not be available at my theater of choice. If people still want 3D by the time they start shooting (Big old if, there) then give the people what they want.
    Vespasian and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  3. Riven_JTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah, that's why I'm not too worried. I think they pretty much have to offer 2D versions because they'd be alienating a portion of the population with vision issues with the way 3D movies work. I don't know enough about the differences between 3D and 2D filming, but I just would hope that 2D is the same quality as we're used to (i.e. no sacrificing of effort on 2D to make the 3D look better).
    Last edited by Riven_JTAC, Nov 1, 2012
  4. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't know if it should be or not, but I'm willing to bet it will be.
  5. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4
    Stuff 3D. By 2015 I want 4D. I want Chewbacca climbing out the screen and sitting on my darn heck knee. I want Artoo serving me a drink.

No WookieHugs? NO DEAL.

UKS
  6. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I voted no, but I'm pretty sure it will be and at least that way it will be filmed in 3D. And when it comes out in IMAX 3D, will I be going to see it that way? You bet!
  7. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I just assume it will be.
  8. Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  9. JediMJS Jedi Knight

star 1
    IMAX IMAX IMAX.

That is all.
  10. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    As long as the 3D pops out, either way I'm sure it will be though.
  11. Darth_Martus Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I don't care either way.
  12. syferdiasisalie Force Ghost

star 2
    There's no way this doesn't turn out IMAX 3D. You think they'd convert a 40 year old movie to 3D and not shoot the new one that way from the start? That being said, I think we're safe from WOW ITS POPPING OUT type gimmicks and the 3D will just make it look dope, like the TPM conversion if anybody saw it.
  13. Emperor_Dantius Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm a bit confused. Does the question mean "Should Ep. VII not be available in 2D"?
    I voted no, because I (like a few other people) don't have stereoscopic vision, and therefore can't see 3D.
    I hope I don't end up being discriminated.
    But if it's available in 2D, then the rest makes no difference to me.
  14. TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I want to see it in both iMAX and 3D
  15. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
  16. Ron Fett Jedi Master

star 1
    God I wish this 3D fad would blow over already.
  17. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    There's no doubt in my mind this will be in 3D. I think the real question you should be asking is will it be shot in 3D or converted in post.
  18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    If it's shot in 3D, and done well, I'd like to see it. The 3D scenes in Tron: Legacy were pretty freaking cool, and I wouldn't mind something like that.

If it's converted later, I'll stick with my regular old dimensions.
  19. darthgator1217 Force Ghost

star 3
    3d can be good. I though Prometheus looked great in 3D. Also, I really liked TPM in 3D . 2d will be an option so it's no big deal.
  20. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, since Episodes I-VI will be in 3D by the time VII is released.
  21. stellarmagic01 Force Ghost

star 4
    Will it be?
    Probably.

Do we want it?
    No.
    EviL_eLF likes this.
  22. the_sinister_hologram Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    "It should be", as long as they don't sacrifice quality for "in your face" kind of action shots just for the sake of it.
    I won't be seeing it in 3D regardless, but that doesn't mean that they mustn't do it for the people who like wearing weird glasses while watching a movie. [face_alien]
  23. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    No. 3D is played and hack. Even more so by 2015
  24. EviL_eLF Chosen One

star 4
    Action in 3d is horribly noisy and hard to follow. Just look at Underworld Awakening. It ONLY was released in 3d... the movie was ok.. but the action was far too busy... have it on blu-ray in 2d and I suddenly picked out so many more nuances from the action... it made it MUCH more enjoyable!
  25. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 4
    I said "yes" simply because it is so easy nowadays to choose between the 2D or 3D versions of a film. And often, if they ignore the "in yo face" 3D gimmicks, a movie watched in 2D that was filmed in 3D is no different from a movie filmed in 2D intended for 2D.

I saw The Avengers in 2D, I plan to see The Hobbit in 2D. I own a number of blu-rays of movies that touted 3D in the theaters, but I only own the 2D versions. When I rewatch movies like Up, Tintin and Harry Potter 7.2 I don't even think of them as 3D movies.

Heck, I even watch movies that were made as 2D, with no 3D version, and there are scenes that appear perfect for 3D "in yo face" gimmicks.

So yeah, Episode 7 when watched in 2D will be no different from watching episodes 1-6 as they were always seen.