main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should epsiode 7 be in 3D

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Oct 31, 2012.

?

Should Episode 7 be in 3D?

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    51.7%
  3. I don't know..

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  1. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    The hobbit will save 3d. Ep vii should be in 3d if it's good 3d

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I know Lucas doesn't like the gimmicky aspect of 3D (stuff jumping out the screen, ect), but I wonder how Disney will handle the 3D.

3. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Personally I wish they wouldn't. I enjoy 3D movies but does EVERY movie have to do that these days? Heres the thing: using 3D is a really cheap way to sell tickets WITHOUT having to focus on story or have any merit whatsoever. Avatar being the possible sole exception. Even Avatar however in 2D suddenly seems like a three hour lecture. I have high hopes for the SW and for me at least, 3D would be a no-no.

GGrievous likes this.
  4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, Avatar was partly filmed in 3D IIRC and wanted to revolutionize the way 3D could be used. That's probably the only film that I like in 3D.

5. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm almost positive it will be...Unless the fad dies down by 2015...

6. Darth_Xeres

Darth_Xeres Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 3, 2010
    Should it be? I don't know. Avatar is the one and only 3D movie that made me feel I was really getting my money's worth for the 3D surcharge. On all other occasions, 3D felt like either "a decent but ultimately lacking attempt to use the technology" or "a gimmick that added nothing to my viewing experience and was used solely to increase ticket prices."

Will it be? Absolutely. Even if the folks at Lucasfilm are hesitant, Disney will certainly want to maximize their profits. They spent 4 billion to acquire Lucasfilm, and they'll want to recoup that colossal expense ASAP. So we'd better hope that Lucasfilm will manage to integrate 3D as well as Avatar did... or, failing that, that the 2D version will nevertheless look amazing on Blu-Ray.