main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should I bother with the Republic Commando books?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Boba Frett, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Ditto. Triple Zero really brought home the fact that, hey, the Republic is already well on its was towards becoming the Empire...

Delta Squad, the other group in the book, is the one from the videogame, am I right?

TC

2. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Funny thing about this is that Jedi let it happen, this is not another grand scheme by Palpatine. Although, Karen did say the terrorist were somehow connected to Palps, hope not though... Oh well

Yup. Delta is from the game.

3. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Bringing Delta into the novel was a great idea. When I first started reading HC, I kept wondering "But what about the guys in the game?" I stopped caring after the first five chapters, of course, but it was great to see them used here. It was even better that the two squads don't get along--nice characterization there. ;)

>Funny thing about this is that Jedi let it happen, this is not another grand scheme by Palpatine. Although, Karen did say the terrorist were somehow connected to Palps, hope not though... Oh well<

These Jedi let what happened happen--inexcusable even if they weren't Jedi. Yoda and Obi-Wan never would have stood for it, and Mace Windu would have fought against it too. Heck, even ARC trooper Mapper found a way around executing informants. :p

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.