main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should I Buy A Two Player Game Box?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Yaddle12, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yaddle12

Yaddle12 Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2002
    I am wondering if the two player game is worth it. The contents are supposed to be 60 cards, a playmat, 6 D6 dice, a rulebook, and counters sheets. 6 of these decks to a box. Does nayone know what the 60 cards will be like? Are they the same in every deck?

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    The cards are the same in every two-player game. I think the 2-player game is the best bang for the buck right now, since it comes with 60 cards, 6 dice, a playmat, and hit tokens. It will probably have some of the common mains too.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    You should not waste your money on this pale imitation of a Star Wars game.

4. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Here we go again...

5. Darksbane

Darksbane Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    NO don't buy a whole box of them. There are the same cards in each starter so it would really be a waste of money. Just getting one starter package should be enough and use the rest of your money on the 11 card packs.

6. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    The 2-player game is retailing for $6.99. A 40-card starter deck with rule book (no dice, no counters, no playmat) is retailing for $9.99. The 40-card starters have 2 rares and one uncommon foil per deck. I would not be surprised if the 2-player game has NO rares, and one or two uncommon (or maybe even common) foils, given its price.

Of course, one of the key features of this new game is that "main" characters will be common, uncommon and rare, so even the 2-player game probably has some "main" characters in it.

If you really are not sure whether you want to play this game or not, I think the 2-player game will be a good way to find out. But remember, the 2-player game only uses a simplified version of the rules; the real rules will be a little more complicated. If you are fairly confident you'll want to play this game at least a little bit, I'd hold out and buy two 40-card starter decks instead.

Or, you could just buy the 2-player game for the dice and counters.... :)

7. Yaddle12

Yaddle12 Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2002
    thanks for the replys. I will probably buy a box of booster packs instead.

8. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    the two player game comes with 2 foils, and 2 rares. one for each side. But i'm wondering if the foils are different in every pack. Because one was an uncommon, and the other was a common... weird. Can someone get a 2 player pack and post what your foils were?

Mine were
    Darth Tyranus uncommon
    and
    Anakin common

9. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    "You should not waste your money on this pale imitation of a Star Wars game."

Bib, he was asking about the new SWTCG, not SWCCG.

JUST KIDDING! :)

(Bacabachaui runs away, dodging blaster bolts and hurled lightsabers.)

For the record, I think SWCCG is great. So is SWTCG though.

10. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I'm off to buy some Mines of Moria Boosters after work today, but if I see a two player starter, I bet that little voice switches on in my head...

Mmmmmmm, Star Wars...

Must resist.... will not buy just because it's Star Wars... Must get LotR... must resist....

This kind of thing happens a lot in the Card shop. Maybe I can get a pack for free like I got a JK pack with Boba Fett (R) in it...

11. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    I wish I could find a store that is selling them early have not lucked out yet.

But yes I think the 2 player starter is a good buy for initial entry, then booster boxes.

I will be running auctions with the new cards when they hit on their street legal date of April 23rd. If anyone is interested just pm me you email and I'll add you to my mailing list.

12. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    i'll throw some 2 player kits on ebay if you want, if not a lot of people respond, i'll just take it as a no lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.