main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Should I Cook?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    To all my loyal subjects,....Oh, wait wrong speech.

Hello,
    How are you? Fine I hope. I myself am enjoying a bit of freedom from some worries and am planning on going through photos to crop and try and post. I'm still trying to figure out the >cut and paste< stuff. (No Vice "I was press ganged" Chancellor I have not forgotten. And there are now three messages to send you.)

Okay, what was this post about?...............Oh I remember, now that I have scroled up to read my topic. The Crazy Old Wizard and myself would like to invite everyone over to his little hut for a BBQ/Celebration/Gathering/Come and let me feed you type thing this weekend. So, what would be a good day and time? Although the yard is not as large as either the Emperor's or Vice "I was press ganged" Chancellor's we might be able to get in a little Wookie Whacking. And I might cook a turkey and bake Darkside cookies. I'm sure the Crazy Old Wizard will be happy to sear some animal flesh on the grill. No, he will want to grill the turkey so I may have to change my plans and do something else.

Alright, I am rambling. I think I may have picked up a Jedi germ at DL and an just sort of out there. So let me know about this weekend and we can then fill you in on the great news we got tonight.

Golda, Supreme Grand Keeper of the Secret Decoder Ring Dowager Empress Queen Mother Power behind the Throne Mystical CR

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    well, now. wotta dilemma... practice is practice, and a free feed is a free feed...

it turns out the emperor and i were discussing saturday night practice- he was thinking of saturday night practice at my house... if that's ok with everybody, i know what a drag it can be to drive repeatedly out of town for practice, oh yes i do. of course, we are not doing this as frequently as we had to before C3, so perhaps that makes it more bearable. at this practice, we were going to open discussion on if and how we should rotate location for more even distribution of travel.

just to throw this out there: all are welcome to come practice at my house, almost anytime with warning and provided i have no plans. so, fart-around practice is encouraged and even welcomed- i don't know about all of you, but i sure need practice. doesn't necessarily have to be here, either. especially if we keep it small, we can fit in various people's yards, or so i imagine. and i too am willing to travel to you, fair's fair, again provided i have no plans. most of us have things we need to do besides this, and also need "downtime" to stay sane and healthy and relaxed, and not all irritated at each other.

BUT... the lure of food... AND darkside cookies... is there room for practice too?

3. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    I think there is room. We may not all be in the same general area but it could work.

4. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Cookies...... [face_dancing]

5. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Either place is good for me. Just let us know when plans are in stone.

6. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    whichever, i'll try and make it. either way, i'm bringing some sodas or something needed - if we end up at the gobbler feast, Bette assign me a side dish or something, i don't like this "showing up at other people's houses and letting them supply everything" deal, not muh style yo.

7. derekm001

derekm001 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    I am up for it at either way... Just let me know what you decide and where to go. I am with Liz, I like to participate and bring something. So let me know what you need and where to bring it along with my empty Jedi stomach. :)

8. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Hey, where did all thses Jedi come from? Of course, Jedi for dinner is always pleasing. Maybe some Roasted Rebel? I must go to Hoth.

>>>Never let a dead, frozen Rebel go to waste.<<<

>>>I know...sick. Don't ya just love it?<<<

9. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    After speaking to the Vice "I was press ganged" Chancellor for almost an hour it appears to have been decided that both Wookiee whacking and food will be at the Crazy Old Wizard's hut. I will PM with directions. As of yet there is no decided time so that will also be announced later. What I need to know is how many will be coming- sort of an RSVP. Barry does not want to cook for 20 and have only 8 appear or cook for 8 and have 20 come knocking.

It would also be a good idea to bring some chairs since we really don't have to many.

And let me know about food restrictions. Not that I will change a reciepe for anyone, but it seems the polite thing to ask.[face_devil]

Anything else? Oh, everyone remember to bring your sticks to whack the Wookiee and Cheryl, bring the Wookiee.

Hugs, Kisses, Touching, Panting....

Golda

10. derekm001

May 18, 2005
    I will be their and, was thinking I would bring a few Apple Pies :) YUMMMM If that sounds good to you.

11. Boba-The-Fett

Boba-The-Fett Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    do you need help with any thing or for us to bring soda? this can be our little get together for the fourth has anyone realized that if we all can meet up![face_flag]

12. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    what should i bring?? i'm good with desserts, or i could always bring refreshments... if no one gives me direction i'm just going to show up with FIREWORKS. YES!!!

13. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Okay, Derek you have the apple pies. Obi Wan will love you for that because they were British long before they were American.

Liz can you do another dessert because you can never have too many.

Boba, sodas would be great along with extra ice. Barry had already said something about this being the July 4th weekend for us but I never thought to mention that so thank you.

Now who is going to bring the Garlic mashed potatos that were spoken about in a phone conversation earlier?

I am going to do a turkey and Barry is going to grill something, I'm not sure what, yet.

And the Emperor has decreed that the gathering time will be 5:00 p.m.

>>We still require a salad and some sort of veggie.<<

Golda

14. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    Your feast talk is making me hungry. Long live the empire that feeds the group.

15. Emperors-hand

Emperors-hand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Okay now I'm starving! Darth Vader and I can bring dinner rolls and butter or salad and dressing just let me know what you prefer to have.

mara

16. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    you know, MP, i don't remember actually saying i know how to make mashed potatoes, merely how well they would taste with Roast Jedi... i don't know how to cook, in fact i'm famous for not knowing how to cook. So i don't want to hear any gripes, bitches, moans, complaints, or allegations of poisoning.

but i guess i'll try.

got some root beer and lime pepsi left over from last time, and i picked up a jug of peach green tea from target.

will that do? let me know if something else is needed.

17. MotherPalpatine

Jun 2, 2004
    Okay, I'll do the potatos. (If you poison the Emperor I will have to request new title changes.) The rootbeer and lime pepsi is good as is the tea. (I of course, do not drink pepsi. A true and loyal Coke fan. Master Kenobi could tell you about the time I stocked-piled it before the new coke was released many years ago. I am talking a pallets worth of original Coke. Then I discovered that it is only good for about six months when in the can. Everyone was drinking Coke.) Oh, and some chips of some type.

Golda

18. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    alrighty then, i'm bringing coke. and the leftover rootbeer, and the tea. and chips.

bag of salad?

19. derekm001

May 18, 2005
    Don't forget to send out directions via PM to those of us who have no idea where to go. :)

20. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    Yes, yes, directions are needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.