main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Should I put an offer on a murder victim's house?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Over the summer a classmate of my son and her boyfriend killed their mother in Bali and stuffed her body in a suitcase. Now the mother's lovely house is languishing on the market. Probably a bit overpriced, but also probably everyone knows the story.

The rehab is excellent, and the developer's costs may prevent them from lowering the asking price too much, but I'm planning on putting in a lowball offer, unless I can get some consensus on whether I should be worried about other costs of owning this home, like ghost pigs, having one of my children become possessed, paying for exorcisms, hiring Ed and Lorraine Warren as demonology consultants, etc.

It has at least 50% more square footage inside and outside than my current house.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm pretty sure murder victims' houses give an extra +5 bonus to occult summoning rituals. That'll pay for itself in a couple of years.

3. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    sounds like fun. do it.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could always have the house purified after you buy it. Get it blessed or have something like a sage smudge ceremony done. (Yeah, it sounds like hokum but if it works..)

5. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I'm really leaning toward doing it. Wouldn't change my son's school district, and if I can get the financing details worked out and find a good Catholic priest...

I know a few rabbis but am uncertain whether they do this kind of thing. Add that email to my to do list.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  7. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I'm a little worried that a priest's blessing will fail because I reneged on a deal to raise our children catholic. The pope will see right through that.

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I wouldn't invite a Catholic priest into my home, while my young son was present. Get a babysitter.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  9. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I don't think babysitters usually carry holy water. Although they might if they know about the house. Add that to the list of cons. Difficulty getting babysitters, although I guess the youngest is about to age out of even needing sitters.

Maybe I should ask him if he'd be creeped out living in the home of a murder victim. Or I could not tell him and hope nobody else does. That usually works.

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Well, I'm saying, if the priest agrees to do some hoodoo on the house, keep your son away, because child rape and stuff.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You could always loop the Ghostbusters films on the DVD - get the kids well-used to the idea of ghosts.. :p

12. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    American Horror Story season 5

13. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I can't do protestant pastor either. I haven't been to a Methodist or Southern Baptist service in a few decades.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You should go with a shaman.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Maybe you could find a local feng-shui person.

16. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    that's a really good idea. I know there are some druids in the area.

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Or Max von Sydow. He is still alive.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    In all seriousness I'd do it. I'm a christian and I don't even believe there's anything to be worried about. Ghost's aren't real.

//Preparing for waves of sarcasm

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Rastafarians would probably do it... and the home would smell really good when they were finished.

20. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I watched the Exorcist the other night when I started thinking about the house. it has a turret bedroom with windows that would be more or less ideal for satanic defenestrations.

JoinTheSchwarz and Ender Sai like this.
  21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Probably not a good thing to do as part of your decision-making..

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I disagree... bring them out and make friends. Having an angry entity in your corner could be a good thing.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Probably better than a burglar alarm, anyway..

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's no Native American insane asylum burial ground, but it should do.

harpua and Jabbadabbado like this.