main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Should I watch The Force Awaken??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ilovestarwars1988, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilovestarwars1988

Ilovestarwars1988 Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Do you seriously have to ask this on a Star Wars Web Site and Forum? The real question should be how many times do I watch it.

B99 likes this.
  3. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    The image isn't working for me. If you watch it, I recommend multiple viewings.

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [face_plain]

Nah go see Alvin and The Chipmunks..:cool:

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I actually don't get the multiple viewings phenomenon; especially within the first three or four days of the movie. In my life, I've probably seen only a few movies more than once in theaters. And normally it would be at least a few weeks in between. Is this just to nitpick every nook and cranny in the movie you might have missed on the first go-around right away? If I like a movie that much (that I know I can't wait for the home video to be released), at least I can leave some breathing room before seeing it again in the theaters.

6. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Just the opposite, on mulitple viewings I was able to turn the fan brain down and really enjoy what I was watching. There's an event feeling to SW too that few other movies have. It's fun to be in a theater full of people after you've seen it and anticipate *their* enjoyment and reactions to things you know are coming.

7. shine

shine Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 1999
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

When I saw the movie for the first time the other day, my only concern was that there would be some people in the theater who've already seen the movie interrupting at key moments; ruining it for everyone else.

9. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    Never heard of it? Is that some kind of fan film?

Now on the other hand The Force Awakens .......

10. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Yes. It's a very good movie and does the series justice.

11. jimmy92186

jimmy92186 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015

I think that some movies are definitely worth seeing more than once. With a movie like TFA, I think it goes even further. My expectations and excitement were so much that I know I missed certain things. Seeing it a second time will be a very different experience. Being so excited and not wanting to miss the big parts, you also miss some of the smaller details because you're so focused and so excited.

I plan on seeing it multiple times. The only reason I haven't is because I went first without my girlfriend, we are living in different cities at the moment, and she made me promise not to go a second time before I see her. And it's quite difficult I can assure you.

12. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    Nah, wait til it comes to the dollar show. :p

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.