main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Jania Solo get her own book series?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jar_Jar_the_great, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar_Jar_the_great

Jar_Jar_the_great Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2003
    Jania has become one of the biggest players in the NJO and it would seem fitting that she get her own stories once it is over. If anything does happen between her and Jag it would be better to do it out side of NJO in my opinon. Post thoughts on this and other topics about the great Jania Solo!

2. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I have nothing against Jaina Solo getting her own book series. Burning them will be great fun.

3. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    No, I don't think so. She's my least favorite Solo kid, and she's been very annoying in every book she's been in since Star by Star.

4. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    I expect that I will be cyber stoned for this but I must admit that I was kind of glad to see Anikan Solo go. To me he was the most annoying Solo kid. As fo Jaina what has caused her to be "anoying" i think she is one of the betteer characters in the story thus far.

5. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    *come's in, throws cyber stone*

but i like Jaina too. For some reason many people here think that if you like Anakin you have to hate the other two Solo kids. I don't get it. For the most part, I like all three of them.

But I like Anakin the best *throws another stone*

6. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    mrslush50,

Yeah i totaly agree about likeing all the solo kids. I just really don't understand why people say Jaina is the worst one. But it's nice to know that there are people who don't hate the solo kids!

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Jaina getting her own book series? What, you mean like Dark Journey thru Enemy Lines? That book series? Or do you mean that she should get an entire NJO length series with no other central characters besides her and whoever she's crushing on at the moment? I'm sorry, but the second one really doesn't interest me. I think I'd join Fishi in having that series keep my campfire alive. ;)

Jae Angel

8. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    Just a couple books after NJO, or a series like the Young Jedi Knights. Her adventures and whats going on with her. I mean Luke, Han, and Leia are getting old and some one has to be a new central character.

9. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Yes someone does have to be the central character. That's why Anakin has to come back.

10. _Darth_Vega_

_Darth_Vega_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    *throws stone*

Anakin was the greatest Solo kid. Jaina is ok. Jacen...well....they'd ban me if I spoke what I thought of him.

11. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes, her own series would be nice. She is by far the best Solo kid.

12. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Jaina is bearable when she *isn't* in the same room as Jag. And Jacen...As soon as he gets his hands off Danni, I'll like him again. Jacen and Tenel Ka all the way!

13. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    well, even though Jaina's my favourite character in SW, i wouldn't agree with her having her own series, partly because she needs the other characters (eg Jacen, Kyp etc) to balance out her weaknesses, and because it would get boring having her own series if it was more than maybe a couple of books long..

so yeah, i'd have to go with NJ and Fishi on this one...

-JSD

14. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Boba, Jaina is bearable when she's not in the book and it's late enough that I can't even remember her name.

15. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I think it'd be cool if she had one! :D More SW books to read!

And there would be other people in it...it wouldn't just be a 300 page book about her picking her nose... :p

God bless!

-Malz

16. Tycho556

Tycho556 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    They shouldn't just start a series just to have a series of books focused on one character. I could see her taking a more important role in post NJO books but I don't agree with her own series. Don't even like her much after the last few NJO books.....

17. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    I seriously have nothing agains a Jaina Solo booko series..

Yeah, maybe I dislike her but more star-wars charactors means more action and it makes the Solo family more colorfull too.

So I have to agree that a Jaina Solo book series would be awsome. I would also like to see maybe a Jacen Solo book Series as well, maybe there already is one out there, I don't know.

18. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    No please there is enough of her in the NJO books anymore will drive me in insane. Now Danni Quee having her own Book series :) I'm all for that :)

19. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    I do see where you're coming from, what about Tenal Ka?

I wonder what it would be like if she had her own book series?

20. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    A Big Fat NO!

Jaina is my least favorite Solo kid if anyof them get a series it should be anakin!

21. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    Mace, what would that be like?

"The wind gently blew the grass that covered the final resting place of what remained of Anakin Solo's body. At 2pm, a swallow landed nearby and pulled a worm from the ground. The next day, it rained. The day after, it was still very cold, and the ash-covered ground was quite hard. A week later, Anakin was still fairly dead."

I'll be dead before I read 300 pages of that.

22. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    No songle SW character had an entire series about them. There always were others. I would love to see the story continue after the NJO with all the characters.
    About Jaina, well, she's become increasingly boring and now that the love triangle is forgotten I can't find anything interesting about her. She's a military freak with a boyfriend who doesn't want to look at her in her underwear! How could someone make a series of that? It would bore the author to death in the first place.
    I don't hate the Solo kids. I liked Jaina until DW, I loved Anakin and I like Jacen since Traitor. I like them and their friends more then the OT characters and really hope there will be more NJO and post-NJO books. Just so you know. :)

Btw, fishi, that comment on Anakin was very ugly. :mad:

23. flying_fishi

Mar 26, 2002
    SWMara, at the moment, that's the best screentime Anakin's likely to get :p

24. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I'd love to see a Jag & Jaina series, about their lives, post-Vong war.

~aeryn

25. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    I think people need to exccept that Anikan is gone and isn't coming back and quit hating on Jaina. I guess what i was trying to say is that she should be the main character of hte books and the other characters minor but still there. Hope that clears things up a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.