main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Jania Solo get her own book series?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jar_Jar_the_great, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    amen, jedimasterkipdurron. ;)

I think that the best way to have a "Jaina Solo series" would be to have an extension of the X-Wing series, post-NJO. If Stackpole or Allston (whom I personally think did the best job of Jaina characterization and are awesome writers) wanted to do a couple books starring the Twin Suns that would be cool because they've never completely focused the story around one person. yes, Stackpole did use Corran a lot, and Allston has his characters, but it wasn't an entire book about rhem. A J/J wedding e-book or Union-style comic is fine, but not an actual book.

2. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    How about Stackpole and Allston again!(Just like old times!) And they could have the switching from Vong to Human perspective for the same battle! Now THAT would be great!

3. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    A single book, fine. Series--please somebody shoot me especially if it's J/J.

Got nothing against the 'shippers or them personally (or wait maybe, I do for that seconde one). It's just that Star Wars shouldn't fluff.

I liked Han and Leia's romance because it was interesting. The two of them are so different. It was interesting to see how the two of them worked out together.

Interludes of mush, an entire book. Uh, no.

I say we just skip ahead and give Ben Skywalker his own book series.

4. Jar_Jar_the_great

Jar_Jar_the_great Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2003
    Leia, Han, and Luke are old some one has to step to the plate it might as well be Jania.

5. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    Not to make it sound like the orignial characters aren't worth reading about but think about it they are in their 50's + by now we need a new generation and the NJO has been building up to that. Jaina as the sword of Jedi is the only logical choice to continue from.

6. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    Don't let this thread die!

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Jar Jar: I expect that I will be cyber stoned for this but I must admit that I was kind of glad to see Anikan Solo go. To me he was the most annoying Solo kid. As fo Jaina what has caused her to be "anoying" i think she is one of the betteer characters in the story thus far.

I want your name, address, and phone number, plz. thnx.

:mad:

8. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NEIN! go die Jar jar.

9. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    Yikes I knew there were Anikan fans but calm down. This is a thread to discuss a possible Jaina book.

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Dude, you like demanding/commanding females, don't you?

11. StarryIceWonder

StarryIceWonder Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    I've jumped into this thread kinda late......and some of you are gettin scary about the whole Anakin thing...lol But yea, i'll agree with some of the people from a few posts ago that I like Jaina a lot, she's my favorite Solo youngster, but i don't wanna see a whole series done about her. One book? maybe. But that's about it. And I LOVE romance and all that good stuff, but sometimes when i'm readin a good star wars book, i'd like to see that left out a lil bit lol Leia and Han had awesome chemistry. But that's about as far as I'll read lol Even the whole Luke and Mara getting together kinda bored me. I mean, I like Luke and Mara....but...i dunno...it was too sappy i think lol Jaina and Jag are a lil bit too lol

12. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Jaina doesn't deserve Jag. Nor does she deserve Kyp for that matter!

Where's Infiltrator?!

13. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2002
    I expect that I will be cyber stoned for this but I must admit that I was kind of glad to see Anikan Solo go. To me he was the most annoying Solo kid. As fo Jaina what has caused her to be "anoying" i think she is one of the betteer characters in the story thus far

*blinks*

*stares*

*cough*

If you want my opinion on Jaina, just switch around Anakin and Jaina in your statement. I guess the people that found Anakin annoying was that, like Luke said, he was more like Kyp and the Rogue Jedi than he thought. I find Jaina annoying because she's been on permanent PMS mode and way too much J/J mush in the books for my liking.

14. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    So are you saying Jaina deserves Infiltrator? [face_mischief]

15. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    Why are so many people anti-Jaina? What did she ever do to you?

16. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Reading TFP was so damn hard--at least the Jaina parts were. She was such a b****. She even questioned WEDGE ANTILLES! Who the hell is SHE to question HIM?!

And she took control of peoples' minds to plunge them into the heat of battle with a battle station! She's a friggin' hypocrite of a Jedi!

17. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    I liked her in the last book, though I am not throug it yet, I jsut got it

18. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    I think you're bloody insane.

19. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    Hey, Jaina has grown and proven her self as a piolet and jedi. I think she shows a lot of promise for future SW books.

20. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    Okay I just got done reading TUF and the ending was kinda lame!! Jaina and Jage should have ended up together, yet I guess it does leave it open for other stories about her to be told.

21. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I haven't read TUF, but I gotta say that of the 3 Solo Kids, I like Jaina the most, too. Anakin was just brash and overconfident (they overdid it, even for an uber-talented young Jedi, he was still far too proud), Jacen was a whiny b****, but Jaina ... she was cool.

Jedi philosophy aside, I liked Dark Journey. And I think it's great that someone is using the Force for the sake of the big picture, not stopping because "no you can't do that, it's evil!!!1".

EDIT - On-topic, I'd say NO. Even though I like the character, even though I think the whole Sword of the Jedi thing's cool ... an entire series?! No, thanks. A book, yes, a trilogy maybe ... but a series is pushing it.

22. Jar_Jar_the_great

Mar 3, 2003
    Okay I admit a book series might be pushing it, yet a few stand alone novels wouldn't be bad. Something about her and her adventures after the NJO.

23. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    I haven't really read most of the NJO books, but I have read all the others, and although Jaina is my favorite Star Wars character, I don't htink she should get her own book series. IMO, Star Wars was never about one particular person, but many - a multitude - and without the constant interaction/starring of other characters, I don't think it would be the same to me.

However, as many suggested, something along the lines of YJK would be awesome!

24. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    Yes someone does have to be the central character. That's why Anakin has to come back.

Having Anakin return would lessen the impact of his sacrifice. Besides, dead is dead.

25. Jainalover

Jainalover Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I think Jaina should not only get a book written about her, but should be in the next Star Wars movie. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.