main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should John Williams be Knighted?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Jul 18, 2001.

?

Should John Williams be Knighted?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

91.4%
  2. No

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    Gwas:

Seeing as we're, (US) a Republic not a Democracy, the popular vote alone will never elect a president here. I live in Florida by the way. It was quite a scene here last year and to the best of my knowledge no media outlet has "proved" that Bush did not win the state.

Someone mentioned Spielberg making alot of his movies in Great Britain. Very interesting, I was not aware of that. I thought he was very much the Hollywood director and used the studios here in the US most often.

Back to the topic, yes it would be very nice if the honor was bestowed upon a well deserved John Williams especially considering his close association with the London Symphony.

2. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Happy Ninja, excuse me all the way to hell and back for not knowing Scotland was a commonwealth of England, especially after you'd gone out of your way to not specifically name it as one.

Either way, Connery is not a Knight. He still received the title as an honorary one.

Last year, Queen Elizabeth II bestowed honorary titles to British-born legends including Sean Connery, Elizabeth Taylor and Julie Andrews.

Honorary. Got it?

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    "...Scotland was a commonwealth of England".

Not the last time I checked. :)

Scotland is part of the United Kingdom, but is a country in its own right. And I would love to see John Williams get an honorary knighthood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.