main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Jyn Erso appear in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Zillobeast, Jun 7, 2016.

?

Should Jyn Erso appear in Rebels?

1. Yes.

36.6%
  2. No.

24.4%
  3. I don't really care.

39.0%
  1. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm afraid I don't get your drift, and coming back two weeks isn't helping me remember either. It's not like these rebel cells are going to staff meetings or that the rebels leaders have routine contact.

2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    How about phrasing it this way....A Marine Battlion in Okinawa, an Army Regiment in Germany and a Navy Battlegroup in hthe middle of the Indian Ocean all go up to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

3. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    All of which have limited to no interaction with each other. And it was said if they don't have anyone appear on Rebels, then it should go back to different levels of canon. Your attempt to relate doesn't work.

4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    It would at least be used to explain why they seek her out if during that episode they only learn afterwards that she's important.

For example she asks Hera's help to discover what happened to her family and when Hera does learns Jyn's father works for the Empire and they wasn't aware Jyn's still alive for instance.

5. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Still doesn't make any logical sense. You'd have to show/tell how they were connected, why they know each other, and why she needs to know that. There's just too much to cover in that scenario. From what we know, the different cells are fairly insulated from each other. Bail's faction showing up with Ahsoka seems to indicate that most individual cell members aren't really aware of how large the rebellion really is right now. Hera's connection to the cell at Ryloth is likely an exception to that, but I don't remember there being any indication prior to the episode where Cham showed up that they were concerned with events out of their own operating area. Or that they were necessarily informed on the events going on in other areas of the rebellion that as of right now, Bail doesn't control.

You're talking about someone who has been on her own since she was 15. Add to it that Jyn has been said to have clashed with not only the Empire, but the Rebellion as well and this entire scenario seems much less likely given how she has been described today in the stuff Entertainment Weekly has put out.

If anyone was going to show up, I'd bet on it being Forest Whitaker's character.

6. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Already has if you remember TCW series.

I'd have an episode introducing the Empire's habit of insuring the loyalty of its scientists by kidnapping their families if necessary.

Use the opportunity to show the Empire are competent by having a rebel cell wiped out and give the Ghost crew a tough mission to complete since they need to find the missing scientist and their family, rescue them and get back off world before the Empire can block their escape.

Involving Jyn would introduce us to her, demonstrate why she's alone and give her a reason to be involved.

Making the scientist a colleague of her father's so at the end we get a titbit that will later be revealed to be about Rogue One but have the closing bit about Jyn's father and the scientist or her family revealing the young woman who helped them was Jyn giving the Rebels the reason why they seek her out by the start of the movie.

How would you handle that?

7. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Are you referring to Whitaker's character? Because a mention does not constitute a tie-in to the events on going. Especially when it occurred so long ago.
    Are you asking if I like the idea?

8. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    No, how would you handle her presence if you had to explain her introduction in a Star Wars Rebels episode?

Would you prefer to just have what happened to Jyn happen to someone else and just use that as an example so when the movie is released we will already have an example of how the Empire handles insuring the loyalty of their important scientists?

9. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I'd rather not have her family history play into the episode or Rebels at all. I think the better way to handle her introduction is to have Cassian Andor team up with the ship looking for someone who has been giving both the rebels and the Empire a fit. Either recruit or arrest her for her crimes against the rebellion.

Though I'd prefer to not have her in the show at all. Whitaker's character makes more sense to involve in Rebels who he is playing and the history that has been mentioned regarding him on the show.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well theoretically she could be a cross between either or both Merith Sinn and Mara Jade or even Shira Brie - or nothing like any of them. I don't know, but its likely they're gonna plug for Rogue One during the season at some point in the first half .

11. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Anyone else hoping that by the end of Rogue One they start using new aliases after faking their deaths thereby becoming Jan Ors and Kyle Katarn?

12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I think she'd be a little kid in the era of Rebels. Since she is presumably a teen (like all SW main-character POV heroes) in R1.

Not that that would preclude her from appearing, mind you. Even if only in passing.

13. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006

Isn't she supposed to be about 25 or so by the time of Rogue One?
    Should mean she's roughly 6 to 7 years older than Ezra, Luke or Leia by comparison, right?

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Considering that Forest Whittaker is playing Saw in Rogue One....I think it would be even more interesting to see Jyn have some sort of role in Rebels....even if it is a role not associated with the Rebellion.

15. soxtalon

soxtalon Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    I would say while not particularly Jyn, I would think it would be a very cool way for the mediums to start crossing over a bit more and not feel forced. It is the same time period so for the Rebels crew to run into some of the Rogue One cast would make sense and might be a nice intro to some of the characters...

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think Rebels has alluded to the Death Star, with things like the Geonosians all being gone. And what done other nods. I anticipate that Rebels can tie together with Rogue One by having the Rebels uncover information about the Death Star and passing it along to Leia or Bail, with those then paying it along to Mon Mothma who informs her cell and recruits Jyn for the mission. But I don't think Jyn herself will appear, given that the trailer makes it sound like she was just plucked from the streets and had no prior association with the Rebels.

As far as the other characters, I don't know enough about them to have an opinion.

But I think the main way the two could tie together is in regards to the Death Star.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

Ok now I'm confusing my self. Sorry to bother you. But some distant Rebel leaders know there part of something bigger.

18. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    I recall end of season 1 Ahsoka claimed to have changed the doctrine since previously the cells' were kept separate and ignorant of each other so if one was taken down it couldn't reveal any of the other cells in the process.

The question should be who other than Ahsoka functioned as a go-between for Bail and the other true backers of the nascient Rebel Alliance and the various rebel cells she and whoever else filled the same role as her managed to set up and supply?

Darth Basin likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I dunno if Jyn is going to show up on Rebels but I do think we'll see some Rogue One characters pop up before the movie is out to tie it in and all.

20. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I don't really think Jyn should be in Rebels, but I think her father could pass through the show in a single episode or something like that. Or maybe Saw Gerrera to update the character to a bit older age.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    How about Director Krenic as a villain in one of the episodes?

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006

Or introduce him as one of Kallus's immediate superiors'?

23. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    They're going to have to transfer Kallus to keep him in the story for Rebels. As we draw closer to R1, having him associated with the Death Star project makes sense. Kallus being of the ISB and working for Krenic to provide some sort of security works for me.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Voted I don't really care because I don't know if she is likable enough- she seems rather irritating in trailer. But rebellion has many people all around the galaxy so it is not like we need to see her- however we need to see Mon Mothma in Rebels- Jyn joining some mission with Ghost Crew is possible if she is going to be liked character among fans after Rogue One. Krennic however seems nice villain- maybe he could appear.

25. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

This. Rogue One will probably end hours or perhaps even minutes before ANH. That's a long way from Rebels. Perhaps in Season 20 maybe, but the current main characters should be long dead at that point. At least the two jedi anyway.