main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kylo Ren's Future/Fate. Death/Redemption/Other?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RSarnecky, Dec 19, 2015.

?

Should Kylo Ren Be Killed Off or Redeemed?

1. Killed Off

343 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Redeemed

547 vote(s)
    51.0%
  3. Other

183 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
  2. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I basically want him to hide away in exile, or die. I don't think he wants redemption at this point, and he doesn't deserve it. Would Anakin have gotten a warm welcome if he survived Endor? No. Kylo Ren is my favorite character of the ST, so I want whatever fate he has to be well-written.

mlsw likes this.
  3. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    They killed Han and Luke. I find it very plausible that they would, esp. if it's the story they originally had in mind.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  4. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Kylo is the most popular new character and the last skywalker/solo. I dont think they will kill him off. Kylo sells so i think he will live.
    Besides Han and Luke died for him. Leia wants him back. So.

5. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    I think the fact Han & Luke were killed off makes it even less likely Kylo will die. They're killing off the old characters to serve the new characters' story and Kylo's one of the new characters and the last Skywalker/Solo.

I used to think there was a 50/50 chance Kylo could die, but I don't think he will anymore. I think they have something else planned other than death.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  6. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Seeing as they built him up as the villain and have been showing that that the Saga is more than just the Skywalker story, I'm not really sure what else they can do with him, much less that they need him to survive.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  7. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    There's more they can do w/him than just kill him off tho. I think his end in 9 will be left open so they can do more stories about him. He's one of the new character and the most interesting one by far so I don't think he'll just be killed.

8. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I’m sure that what they’ve done with Kylo thus far has been with a specific endgame/fate in mind.

The way I personally look at it, I ask “What endgames is Kylo’s arc this far most indicative of?”

9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Rey must sacrifice herself to save Kylo. I also want Kylo to survive ep 9. These are the outcomes I'm waiting for.

10. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Why would Rey sacrifice herself for Kylo?

mlsw, 11-4D, theraphos and 7 others like this.
  11. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I don't necessarily agree that Kylo doesn't 'deserve' redemption. Vader did plenty of stuff that was just as bad, but was still redeemed in the end. That said, I'd agree that he doesn't seem to wan't it.
    Personally I wonder if Kylo might ultimately receive a Macbeth type arc, where his repeated attempts to outrun his past end up destroying him?

mlsw and JoJoPenelli like this.
  12. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    How many people here believe we’ll get a backstory (sympathetic, ofc) for Kylo?

13. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    She sacrifices herself in order to show Kylo the power of solidarity and save in this way his soul. And in this way she wins: he is so touched by her sacrifice that he abandons his goal to rule the world.

14. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I couldn't tell you that.:p But I do know that my feeling at the end of TLJ is that his story could go either way, literally 50/50.[face_dunno]

15. Tabbie

Tabbie Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, I think they'e saving it for the next movie, which would explain why we haven't gotten a real backstory as to why Ben turned, outside of what happened with Luke. I am intrigued to know more.

16. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I agree. Considering how much we saw of Anakin’s fall, no way do they think we don’t need to know why Ben fell or what on earth is driving him. If he’s to be redeemed, despite all he’s done, it can’t simply be “I want to be as bada— as Vader!” or “I wish my parents were around more growing up.” If that’s what he wants and thinks, and if he wants everything destroyed, I think that must just be scratching the surface.

I just wish we had gotten that backstory in TLJ. If - if - there’s just one more movie to go, his redemption arc is getting off to a pretty slow start.

Also....KK has confitmed Rey, Poe, and Finn will survive the ST, I believe.

Mostly Handless and Tabbie like this.
  17. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    I don't believe anyone "deserves" redemption, but it's still offered anyways if accepted. However, I agree that Kyo doesn't seem to want to accept it and I can't see him changing his mind.

That could be interesting.

I think the bits and pieces we've gotten allow us to understand why he is the way he is and, while I don't think we're supposed to sympathize with him, they do confirm him to be someone who was at one time a good person but fell because of the choices he made.

18. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    And why he followed Snoke ? Why the skywalker/solos didnt fight snoke for their beloved nephew/son ?

Tabbie likes this.
  19. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Some good-natured humor from a fan encounter with John Boyega, relevant to this thread:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  20. DjTomek

DjTomek Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 20, 2018
    Yeah, only for his Mom and Pop (and his uncle). The family had enough tragedy, give it a happy end for a change.

21. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    I'm wondering now if they go down a Richard III route. A character full of venom snd self-hatred, finding out that his goal of attaining the throne changes nothing.

Like Richard, you get a sense that Kylo is seeking love and respect, he might even think after killing all his enemies he can become a benevolent leader(he even hoped Rey would join him). But he cannot give in to weakness of any kind and it spells his doom.

A character whose life the auduence pities whilst never never forgiving him for his crimes.

Mostly Handless and panki like this.
  22. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Kylo will be staring out to sea from the rock outside the Jedi temple on Ahch-To, weeping a silent tear.

Then 10 years later in Ep X, Rey will have to seek him out for his help against a mysterious old guy with great dark side powers.

23. Anslyder

Anslyder Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 8, 2018
    It will be really boring if they spend IX trying to save him once again after they already tried that in VII and VIII.

I don't want him to be killed and instead I want him to live to face his crimes by either being imprisoned or exiled.

24. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Best end for Kylo Ren at this point, is for him to be in imprisoned/exile after the First Order is brought down around his ears. Rey and Kylo share one last conversation that ends with her leaving some Jedi text on a table near him and telling him to start over before she leaves. The final shot of Kylo shows him staring at those books but it's left unclear if he rejected the offer or read those books. Movies epilogue shows Rey, Finn and Poe rebuilding what Kylo tried to tear down.

Mostly Handless and 11-4D like this.
  25. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    This is one of the endings I'm pretty certain won't happen. It's redundant since Han already did this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.