main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Leeland Chee be the one to come up with story ideas?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zinergy, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinergy

Zinergy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2004
    After all, he is the continuity / timeline / chronology / encyclopaedia guru of Lucasfilm. As he is most knowledgeable person who knows where each character is at a certain period of time, what political events have currently conspired, what battles have begun to forment, etc... he should be able to provide the best story ideas that would FIT continuity.

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Story ideas? No. They need guys like him to edit stories. Let authors create the ideas and storylines.

3. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I think authors get commissioned to do certain stories as well. i.e. The New Jedi Order, which was a big joint-idea between tons of different people. Or they might say "Hmm, we want to do a story on Yoda, can you write this for us? You'll get ass loads of money."

4. Zinergy

Aug 22, 2004
    Perhaps not come up with the story idea on his own, but I think he should at least participate in the brainstorming sessions, ala NJO, etc...

5. MWStover

MWStover - Traitor - Shatterpoint - ROTS - LSatSoM star 3 VIP

Jan 17, 2002
    Ummm, fyi . . .

He DOES participate in the brainstorming sessions. Every one that I've attended, anyway, to the best of my recollection.

Just thought you'd want to know . . .

6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Let the most creative people come up with the story ideas. Let continuity people rein them in so that they don't contradict previous material.

7. Zinergy

Aug 22, 2004
    Mr. Stover - thankyou SO MUCH for dropping by! Thanks for letting us know that Mr. Chee takes part in the brainstorming sessions.

Ask, and ye shall recieve!

Question Answered! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.