Speculation Should Leia be a Jedi or Politician in the ST?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Team Padme, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Should Leia be a Jedi in the ST?

Yes 131 vote(s) 57.5%
No 55 vote(s) 24.1%
Unsure 16 vote(s) 7.0%
Maybe 26 vote(s) 11.4%
  1. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm unsure if I want her to be a Jedi in the ST. I can't really picture Carrie Fisher with a lightsaber fighting Sith...

MODified: Gave the title a facelift so discussion can cover her potential status as not only a possible Jedi, but also a Politician or other options.
    Last edited by A Chorus of Disapproval, Jul 8, 2013
  2. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Luke told her in time age would be able to you use the force like he planned to touch her
  3. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, this was alluded to in ROTJ, when Luke told Leia "In time, you will learn it (the Force) as I have." If anything, Leia will probably become the first new Jedi.
    Sitara and Summer Dreamer like this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    So long as she is hot like in TFU 2

[IMG]

:p
    El Jedi Colombiano and Voss like this.
  5. TheVortex3 Jedi Master

star 1
    It would be nice if she had some role in the ST.
  6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Leia eventually becomes a Jedi Master.
  7. EviL_eLF Chosen One

star 4
    I say no as I don't want her to actually be in the film.
  8. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Are you talking about in the EU? Cause she didn't.
  9. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Leia has to be a Jedi Master by the ST.

Leia being a Jedi was one of the main things I looked forward to the in post-ROTJ era, and I was disappointed that the EU didn't really focus on her being a Jedi that much, or really have her teamng up with Luke that much as an unstoppable Jedi team (DE seems to be the only exception).
    Last edited by Summer Dreamer, Nov 3, 2012
  10. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yes, I think she should be a Jedi Knight (or perhaps, depending on the time this trilogy takes place, a Master). Even if she were a Jedi, that doesn't mean she has to be an ***kicking Knight, not every Jedi is. Sure she knows how to fight if she had to, but one (if not the primary) purpose of a Jedi is to encourage the peaceful resolution of conflicts. Violence is the last resort. As she is a skilled diplomat, and by her very nature is peaceful, she's practically a Jedi already in that regard. They are the gaurdians of peace and justice in the galaxy, and Leia fits the bill.
  11. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Even if she hasn't yet officially achieved the rank if Master, her experience sort of makes her a de facto Master.
    WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  12. darthjj88 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I think Leia would absolutely be Luke's first student. Then any offspring. EpVII without Luke or Leia would not be a structured continuation of the Skywalker story. Just my opinion

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
  13. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Oh, she didn't? Well, it's definitely been said that she would probably become one. I'm not an expert on that era.
  14. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Come on, it would be just like Ian McDiarmid with a lightsaber, only slightly less effeminate.
  15. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    No. I hope she isn't one. She was a politician fighting to re-establish the Republic. I would think she would remain a politician. And if Dooku and Palpatine are any indicator, it's probably best to keep your Force users and politics separate.

Well, you've sold me on the idea. But so long as she makes hissing noises and stupid faces too.
    Last edited by TaradosGon, Nov 3, 2012
  16. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    She didn't do that well as a politician post RotJ, though...the government and Jedi both went DOWN compared to the pre-RotS organizations.
  17. Uncle Owen Force Ghost

star 4
    No, I think she wold stick to a political role in the ST and not have been trained to be a Jedi. Think she would have some Force ability.
    TreborSabreon likes this.
  18. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    In EU, her Force ability is generally seriously little until she begins training in earnest.
  19. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  20. Motterman Force Ghost

star 2
    Actually, I would love for the tables to be turned.

I can see it now...

They make it clear that she is just Supreme Chancellor Leia, and nobody knows who she is (Vader's daughter, Luke's sister, etc.). Some bad guys come in during a Senate meeting and try to attack her and she whips out a lightsaber (or gets tossed one ala R2-D2 in ROTJ on Jabba's skiff) and she slices and dices like a badass.
  21. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Should she? Yes, because with what Yoda and Luke said, it was implied she would be trained as one.
    Will she? I...think not. Carrie Fisher is not someone I could see with a lightsaber and recasting should not be an option for fear of a coup.
  22. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Not gonna lie, that would be a pretty neat reveal. I can picture the look on her face.
  23. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, she should be a Jedi.
  24. Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Yes,that's one of the few threads left over from ROTJ.I don't see her doing any combat,but I'm sure she knows how to use the Force at this point.
  25. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm not sure about the exact timeline, but she definitely struggles to be able to even flip a switch with the Force for a while.