Speculation Should Leia be a Jedi or Politician in the ST?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Team Padme, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Should Leia be a Jedi in the ST?

Yes 131 vote(s) 57.5%
No 55 vote(s) 24.1%
Unsure 16 vote(s) 7.0%
Maybe 26 vote(s) 11.4%
  1. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Leia should have been able to hash things out with Vader/Anakin in ROTJ imo.
    agentkrycek and Poli-Sci Jedi like this.
  2. Toonimator Force Ghost

star 4
    I have little fear she'll be riding shotgun to Luke... they're all 'old', remember. "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing", said Obi-Wan Kenobi... Luke & Leia will be about Old Ben's age in the ST.

It'll probably be Luke's kid(s) and Leia's kid(s) that are heading off to save the galaxy.
  3. Episode Swag Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I absolutely think she should be a Jedi in the ST. It's talked about a fair bit in episodes 5 and especially 6 that she very well could be one. By that standpoint alone I think it would be sick to see her as a full fledged Jedi in her own right.
    kubricklynch and agentkrycek like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5
    I'm on the fence about her using a lightsaber in a tight spot, depends on how it's handled, but she should definitely be Force-ish. If not even a Jedi but, y'know, mind-tricking some stubborn politician to get something passed in the New Republic senate. (For a good cause, really!)
    Miles Lodson likes this.
  5. jedimikey Jedi Master

star 2
    Well now, that would be wrong, wouldn't it Al? Very dark side thing to do, using the Force to influence politics! Pretty sure Leia wouldn't do that...

Again, I'd like to see Leia not as a Knight, but more of a Consular...a representative of the Jedi Council in the Senate, like her role in the EU. A Jedi embassador, if you will. I don't see her having much of a combat role, unlike Luke, who we would all like to see kicking some butt before he has to pass the torch!
  6. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    Luke has always been more of the wise sage/consular type, while Leia has always been more of the kickass warrior with snarky one-liners.
    Yanksfan, Storybound and agentkrycek like this.
  7. Ganger Chosen One

star 4
    Can Hutts become jedi?
  8. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    How very mature. :rolleyes:
  9. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    I could see Leia succumbing to power lust. But I doubt it is what the ST will be about, no matter how terribly dangerous a Darth Leia would be.
  10. Ganger Chosen One

star 4
    Right, because not cracking jokes on internet forums is extremely mature.
  11. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    We've had months and months of people cracking jokes about the actors ages, weight, etc. It just gets old to be honest.
    Yanksfan and kubricklynch like this.
  12. Ganger Chosen One

star 4
    Yeah I'm sure it gets old . . . Like Carrie Fisher!

(I'm sorry I couldn't help it)
    Last edited by Ganger, Jun 17, 2013
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I walked right into that one, I guess. =D=
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Debbie_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Yes, please!!!! Even if she's only just newly been made a Jedi Knight, I honestly think that she needs to be a Jedi by the time of Ep. VII. And if it is established that she went through her training some time ago, and has been a Jedi Knight for a number of years, then maybe . . . just maybe . . . she could be one of the instructors at the Jedi Academy. That would be a role that I could definitely see her playing in the rebuilding of the Jedi Order, and I know that Luke, as Jedi Master, would be very supportive of his twin sister's desire to teach new padawans.
  15. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed on all points, but I feel the need to point out (without citing pictures of hamburgers and cigarette butts) that Mark is in completely the same boat as Carrie, in regard to their physical capability to perform fan-service Jedi action.
    Poli-Sci Jedi likes this.
  16. Slash78 Force Ghost

star 3
    Mark Hamill wasn't all that impressive in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. Yet he's supposed to be the "Jedi Master" now...
  17. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    Who would care about a political career when you can have the ability to make people do what you want with a wave of your have, or brainwash them. Or weild a freaking lightsaber and deflect laster beams. Or run faster than the Flash! Or jump and flip really, really high. And most of all, kick anyone's butt (save for another Jedi/Sith ofcourse) :p

Only reason she might NOT be a Jedi is if she had problems with Dark Side temptation...
  18. bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Master

star 2
    That's a bit ageist... She could still get away with it, just needs to tighten up...
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    FOR THE PREVIOUSLY UNENLIGHTENED: WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR JOKES & INSULTS REGARDING THE WEIGHT AND/OR MENTAL HEALTH OF THE ACTORS & ACTRESSES.

WE WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PUT YOU ON A POSTING DIET.
    Darth_Pevra and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  20. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    I no my vote went to unsure when I first started this poll but now I definitely want Leia to be a Jedi!
    Summer Dreamer and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  21. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    eh, I just want Leia to be Leia,

a smart ass.
  22. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4

A smart ass Jedi that is!
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    MODified: Gave the title a facelift so discussion can cover her potential status as not only a possible Jedi, but also a Politician or other options.
    darklordoftech likes this.
  24. darklordoftech Chosen One

star 6
    The TFN archives show that back in 1999 lots of TFN posters were mad at KJA for making Leia Chief of State instead of making her a Jedi.
    Thanks for the MODification.
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Jul 8, 2013
  25. Tensionhead Force Ghost

star 1
    i say "neither" because for the story to move on id like to see her dead. not that i want leia dead so much :( as for episode7 would be great to see an old pissed off han - with flashbacks showing how she died, explaining han's anger.