main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should Leia be a Jedi or Politician in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Should Leia be a Jedi in the ST?

1. Yes

131 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Unsure

16 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Maybe

26 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Would diffidently love to see Leia as a Jedi....just not sure as a Jedi Master. And she should be a lot less skilled than Luke. He should be a league above her, with no question.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    She actually does get pretty good with a lightsaber, eventually. She's not Luke or Anakin, but she can definitely hold her own.

3. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't see why she shouldn't be.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i know he kissed her that one time, but this isn't game of thrones man.

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yes personally I find it absurd in the EU, she is not a master.

6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    It's not absurd at all once you realized just how often she kept putting off her training due to political obligations.

7. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Looking at things solely from the perspective of the films, I definitely think the most logical 'next step' for Leia's character would be for her to be a Jedi Master or, at the very least, a Jedi Knight... provided she even appears in the ST at all. I think the likelihood is greater that we see Luke and the droids as the 'connecting tendrils' between the existing Saga and this new trilogy than that we see all of the 'big 3' (Luke, Han, and Leia).

8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    In the EU she is a Jedi Knight, just not a Master. I agree that she likely won't be in the film either. Maybe a cameo at best in a holo-com scene talking to Luke.

Would actually be quite fitting since that's our first REAL introduction to her character in ANH... a holo-recording from Artoo.

9. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    you still would have to explain where she and han are at minimum. maybe chew, lando and wedge as well but not necessarily.

10. TheProtocol

TheProtocol Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 2, 2012
    I hope she is a Jedi but in the capacity she is in the EU. Not a master or anything. But I hope she has a lightsaber and can hold her own.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  11. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, I think she should be.

12. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I am okay with her being a Jedi as long as we don't see her use a lightsaber. I would like to finally see a Jedi more inclined towards diplomacy and using Force Powers more than the Lightsaber. Leia would fit perfectly into that role.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Lets see. Your the last of the Jedi tasked with re-building the Jedi order and you ignore your extremely gifted force sensitive sister? I don't think so. She will not only become a Jedi she will be a high ranking member of the Jedi council. That doesn't mean we will necessarily see a lot of sword play from her character but she will be trained to use the force as a Jedi.

Darth Whatever likes this.
  14. Angel Eyes

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes, what he said. This sounds good.

15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The short answer: No.

If she was more of a consular and handled diplomatic stuff like what the_sinister_hologram said.. Then maybe. I don't want to see her become a lightsaber wielding manic...

16. Angel Eyes

Nov 1, 2012
    Waves hand... "You will sign my new bill into law"

JainaSoloYJK and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  17. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    I don't think we'll see a new Jedi Council, otherwise the whole "balance to the Force" would have been for naught.

18. BobbySharp

BobbySharp Jedi Padawan

Nov 2, 2012
    Force trained, but not a Jedi. I think it is a real possibility that Luke keeps to traditional Jedi ways and forbids relationships. That would pretty much preclude Leia from being with Han, which I'd like to see.

19. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    No. But I would like to see her as Chancellor of the new republic, married to Han, and with some Force knowledge. But not a full-on Jedi.

20. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    Hard to picture Leia as a Jedi, but if she's going to be one at all, then she would have to be one by the time in the story that Episode VII takes place. But I think it might fit better for her to be force sensitive, with some abilities and special insights, but not necessarily having undergone full Jedi training.

21. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Yes! The Force is strong in her family. She has a power Han can never know or understand.

22. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Honestly, its not like every Jedi has to be a battlemaster I for one love to see more specialization in the NJO instead of everyone seeming to be straight out of an RPG with the same class Paladin differing only by level.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Like he planned to touch her, or TEACH her? [face_relieved]I think he would Teach her because as Yoda and Obi Wan confirmed she is the other one. So it would make sense for her to be trained. The plan in the past was to have protectors in the galaxy. Lets just hope rogue Jedi don't come crawling out of the woodwork and make Yoda and Obi Wan look like fools.

24. Athiest_knight

Athiest_knight Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    In the poll isn't maybe and unsure the same in a way?

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I can picture her as a Jedi, but as far as being a master, not really.