main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Should Luke be single, married, divorced, or a widower?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I cannot believe this thread is still going on. How has every possible permutation of Luke's marital status not been discussed yet?

kainee likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    New people keep coming to this thread.

3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Only if one of the teen gals, the 20-something guys, or the 30-ish intellectual is a child of Luke.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Most likely one of the teen girls, with one of the twenty-something males being a Solo.

5. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    I hope for a few things
    1 I hope Luke has a son
    2 I hope the Solos have a daughter or 2
    3 I hope Luke married Mara Jade at least long enough for her to conceive child

I want a new generation and I want it now!

“I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.” – Jango Fett

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought about liking your post but I saw your number three.

I would assume based on the casting call that we are getting a new generation.

7. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I think Luke will have 1 child whether or not he is married is the big question right now

8. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    Right. And I hope there's no trace of that
    A new generation can be had without there being a trace of that Jade thing. Like I said before, I even detest her name at this point. Please, screenwriter(s), do not pollute Episode VII with her odious presence, or some winky reference to her!! No matter how "popular" she is perceived to be, I doubt all that many SW fans know, or care, who she is. (Lucky them.)

9. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    How does Luke have offspring? If its not Mara it will be some other character and you still need to explain who she is/was.

10. maychild

Jan 16, 2013
    Like I said before, the Jade thing does not have to be included for there to be a next generation. If they decide to have Luke be married and have a child, his wife can be a character other than the Jade thing: it's not like there are only two choices, the Jade thing or no one.

And even if the Jade thing was included, they'd have to explain who she was, as only a minority of a minority would know off the bat, and they're probably trying to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not necessarily. In the last half of the OT we knew that Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader had children but we didn't know who the mother was. Some people cared, some people didn't.

The mother could just be someone that Luke had a relationship with in the past but who is no longer in his life, or who has died. We don't really need a lot of details on her.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke could also have adopted children. That would be an unexpected and interesting way for it to go. Luke was sort of adopted himself so perhaps he decides he wants children even if he isn't married.

13. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    This!

14. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    That's true but do you think that plot element would be overused? Do you think audiences will buy it now? Would a lack of explaining lineage be acceptable in the new movie?

15. maychild

Jan 16, 2013
    No less acceptable than including the Jade thing as his wife automatically, just because the EU's version of Luke was saddled with her.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Some people won't find it acceptable, some people will.

Pretty much like any other plot point or character in the Star Wars universe. I've been around this fandom a long time and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but never have I seen any character or plot point that was universally loved.

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    There is one other option: Luke could conceive a child immaculately. He could carry the child, give birth to the child, and raise the child by himself. Who needs women? :p

Just kidding about the last bit...I'm happily married with a fine women.

kainee and Chained Prometheus like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Now that's a plot device that should have never happened in TPM and definitely doesn't need repeating.

I know you were kidding but I'd bet the idea has some proponents somewhere.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    As long as Jar Jar is married to Peppi Bow and they have a few younglings who are all apart of the new heroes crew I'll be able to watch the film. Otherwise, JJ and Arndt can go **** themselves! :mad:

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  20. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    I just feel like if they do give him a wife, it will be Mara Jade. Since casuals dont know who she is anyway it won't matter. It keeps the EU crowd somewhat happy and if they do use her, they could just use the name and change the history up a bit. I'm in no way promoting her use I just see it as likely, IMHO

21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    But what if they give him a son who has a different name or they give him a daughter? EU is already screwed up that way so why keep Mara intact when nothing else is? Honestly, I think they'll go there own way with these films and if that involves giving Luke a wife not named Mara then they'll do just that.

22. Poor Greedo

Nov 6, 2012
    Well I'm happy enough just to debate it until we find out for sure!!! (Preferably not through spoilers)

23. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    The winner here would be for Luke to go dark. Really dark. That would throw a spanner in the works. Nobody would see it coming. Surprise!!!! I am more powerful than any Jedi. It would work as a twist on all of the previous films and hark back to TESB and ROTJ where he was almost dark. The Force is strong. Keep it simple, stupid. Skywalker Saga. Luke to go dark and mean and moody and untouchable and by the end of the ST, darkness reigns.

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Everyone would see it coming because it's happened in EU and it's cliché. Please, that's the last thing I want, period.

25. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    What's EU?

Vthuil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.