main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Should Luke be single, married, divorced, or a widower?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That's not the Skywalker you're looking for.

[​IMG]

2. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Ojalá!

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Darth Leia would be terrifying and I say this without a hint of irony. She would play everyone for fools until it is too late and then be almost unstoppable.

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A dark side Leia is something that I have not often considered, to be honest.
    I agree that she would be one badass dark sider, but the manipulative approach that I see her potentially using may be a bit too similar to the way Palpatine got his 15 minutes of fame.

An interesting idea, either way.

5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yes, she would also be manipulative, but she is also her fathers daughter in many ways. I think she would be driven more by her (righteous) anger than her greed, a well intentioned extremist. In my opinion she has the potential to be one of the most unique and interesting Sith in all of Star Wars.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WellIntentionedExtremist

But I doubt they will go this route, no matter how fascinating a dark Leia could be.

Dark Luke on the other hand is pure boring. I've seen it in DE and some fanfictions and wasn't impressed at all.

6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Dark Luke would be far too obvious, not to mention negating much of the basic idea behind him being the "uncorruptible hero."

7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Because he has an emotional personality and is outspoken and naive, when he turns into a villain in fanfiction he usually screams his hurt at the universe and is prone to temper tantrums. Not very sexy in a villain.

I love Luke as a hero and that is what he should remain.

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Expanded Universe. You know, the vast wealth of comics, novels, and video games that expand upon the Star Wars universe?

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Or the European Union. Take your pick.

10. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    He need to be rebuilding a New Jedi Order with new ideas.

Jedi_Liz, ChildOfWinds and Ryus like this.
  11. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I agree, but didn't we let this thread fade away to prevent the endless Mara Jade yeah or nah debate?

DarthBreezy likes this.
  12. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    oh sorry it was shown to me by a moderator who closed my thread. even though i agree old dead threads should die even if new ones are created with similar info. But thats not how they see it here.

13. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well, just brace yourself for opening up a can o worms... lol
    ;)

14. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    i don't want to talk EU,

15. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    What have you done, ye fools, resurrecting this abomination from the fiery depths of darkness and madness of the seven hells where it was rightfully banished aeons ago!

16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    The internet doesn't care about what any I wants, only to say what the next I wants to spin what the previous I just said. Let this thread die so we can all [face_party]

17. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    A moderator wouldn't let me start a thread with a newer take on things. they like these endless threads here. That end up all over the place. I prefer more threads with more focus.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Then use this as a thread with focus rather than wasting multiple posts griping about the staff of this site.

Attention Everyone: This thread is not for gushing or bashing the EU... it's quality or canon or validity or any other aspect aside from how the Sequel Trilogy may potentially use or ignore EU material. Violators will be beaten into submission with the banhammer.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  19. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Quote="Lee_, post: 50665892, member: 1374925"]IMO, Luke should not be and does not need to be:

1) Married
    2) A hermit
    3) Gay
    4) A Polygamist
    5) A Widower
    6) Divorced
    7) A father
    8) Getting laid

[/quote]
    Okay, 1-7,maybe but #8 would be awesome if he was using Jedi Mind Tricks to score. And if he was doing the pick up work in a certain Mos Espa bar even better. I'm sure if he could get a new hand, someone has a cure for space herpes.

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  20. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Hey guys, I hardly ever visit this forum, and I'm sure this has probably already come up (I possibly even posted this here before).

However, just in case: Way back in Summer 1988, I remember reading a short interview with George Lucas in a sci-fi magazine (possibly the now-defunct Starlog). In the interview, Lucas was asked why Luke never got the girl. His response was "You haven't seen the last three." Remember, this interview was published three years before Tim Zahn's Heir to the Empire. So, it sounds like at that time Lucas was planning on making three SW films taking place after ROTJ, and giving Luke a love interest/girlfriend/wife. If Disney/Lflm. is still planning on using Lucas' template/plans for these last three films, then we may still see something like this.

And, this still goes back to the question I've had since the ST was first announced: Will it be influenced by the plethora of post-ROTJ EU material that has been released since '91, or will the movies be 100% original, and ignore all of the EU? Time will tell...

Ryus likes this.
  21. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Too "funny". Hey, why wasn't "Shacking Up" an option?

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Luke is into furries?

23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Chewie, lock up your daughters.

24. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2013
    I hope the movie is on the Timeline when he is Married to Mara Jade (They can cast Angelina Jolie) And Maybe she can die on the second movie(Spoiler) She dies, on of Han and Lei kid Kill her.

25. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Interesting theory, no one seemed to mention Mara Jade up to now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.