main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should Luke tell someone in Ep 7 events from 1 thru 6 resulting in a montage?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Force_Wielder, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Please edit your post to coherent English so I can respond. Thanks bud

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    A montage depicting the events of 1 thru 6???

Really?

3. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    How about we do it the way it's been done for the past six movies? You know, with an opening scroll. If they did something that foolish I would actually get up and walk out of the theater. That is arguably the most iconic aspect of the Star Wars saga and the only consistent part of the films across the board.

kainee and kataja like this.
  4. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Exactly...

5. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012

6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    The opening scrolls describe the events in between the movies, not of the previous episodes themselves. Still, I see no need for a recap of any sort. I suspect that the story will be such that newbie viewers can just jump right in. Just like it's been thus far.

BTW, I forgot about the Anakin searching for his mom montage. That leaves us with three montages thus far: Anakin searching, Order 66, and the ending ROTJ celebration. None of the are recap/flashback montages, though.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I love the idea.

8. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    Star Wars is still arguably the most successful franchise in recent cinema history. I don't think anyone is going to need a recap.

Force Smuggler and benknobi1 like this.
  9. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    humour's not dead

10. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    That should be all we need. I trust the ST is based on Gerge Lucas original plan - and thus he'd have a point with what he wants to show in the ST - not just another adventure. And in order to guide us on that point, he could use the first 1/4 of the scrolls to recap and tune us in on what was important in the two first trilogies. From there, I trust the story to start in medias res, as battlefrontboy suggests.

11. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I really don't see the need. We all know what has happened.

12. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    They don't need a "montage", that's what the opening crawl is for :p

Alexrd and kainee like this.
  13. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I agree. I don't mind mentions of it, but no flashbacks, leave that for the internet tributes!

Alexrd likes this.
  14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Exactly! But I guess there could be some people who have been living under a rock for the last 35 years? I am sure there are some Morlocks and CHUDs that would need a montage.

15. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Isn't the opening crawl explicitly designed to provide backstory?

16. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    But the writers have so much EU stuff to choose from...and I know when I say EU, some people say F you, but if its in a book or comic or something else approved by Lucas than its fair game as far as I am concerned. And you have to think that a lot of people haven't read the EU so if any of it is presented in EP 7, than some kind of explanation needs to take place on screen.

If there isn't a montage or whatever you want to call it of stuff summing up episodes 1-6 because everyone should know what is up, than maybe there is some kind of on screen montage of events between episode 6 and 7 that no one has seen on screen.

17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Montages are horrible. I just watched Resident Evil: Retribution without seeing the previous movies. There was a montage of scenes in the beginning that was supposed to help me understand what the heck was going one. It failed. I was more confused than ever.

A good screen writer should be able to work in any EU stuff that needs to be explained...that is if they decide to follow the EU. You can have Ben looking at a photo of his Mom and Luke saying something like, "I miss your Mom too, but she's always with us in spirit. She was a wonderful Wife, Mother and Jedi." The audience now knows Luke had a Jedi wife and a son and the wife is dead. If the audience wants to know more about this mysterious woman...they can now read the books. It would be a great way to cause a boom in the sale of EU books.

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I can't wait to see the montage of Han bringing bags full of the spice credits he's been earning since taking over Jabba's operations, set to the song "Push It To The Limit".

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The flashback montage should be anime with horribly graphic violence much like the montage sequence from the original Kill Bill.