main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Mace Windu return?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheNewEmpire, Aug 12, 2014.

?

Should Mace Windu return in Rebels?

1. Yes!

22.5%
  2. No!

67.6%
  3. Who is Mace Windy?

2.3%
  4. I still can't get over the fact that Mace returned as a giant trash Spider...

7.5%
  1. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    I cannot believe that Mace Windu is dead. I never could.
    I was always waiting for him to show up in a comic or novel in the old EU.

If Darth Maul can survive being cut in half and thrown down a reactor shaft - And the Emperor and Boba Fett can survive ROTJ then how in all the stars can Windu not survive falling out of a window?

Anakin and Obi-Wan were falling out of windows and vehicles all the time during their pursuit of Zam Wessell in AOTC!

Sure he's lost a hand, and is a little dazed, but he's a Jedi Master!

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I'd love to see him back but they may well be afriad to bring him back lest they be accused of not letting anyone truly die and being obsessed with bringing back dead people.

I agree that his supposed "death" was weak. He lost a hand and disappeared out a window. People have survived much worse in SW. And he is the most powerful Jedi in the order, if anyone could survive something he could. There are lots of speeders on the way down for him to try and guide himself towards one and drop into it. And his hand can easily be replaced with a robot hand. On a logical in-universe level, expecting him to be dead after what we saw in RoTS is a stretch... but I fear they will just leave him dead anyway, out of a fear of being seen to be unoriginal and keep resurrecting dead or supposedly-dead characters, as I said above.

DarthTalonx and Dak Oolron like this.
  3. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't want him resurrected. I do think he could have survived, but...

He defeated an incredibly powerful Sith Master in lightsaber combat (and yes I'm aware some people think Sidious let him win) and then only lost when freakin' Darth Vader stepped in. I can't imagine his new death being any cooler than that. That is a death befitting the second most powerful/wise Jedi in the order.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If he does, he'd better open a seriously heavy can of whoopass.

I'd almost rather see Zombie!Mace show up in the Inquisitor or Agent Mutton Chops' recurring nightmares than Resurrected!Mace showing up for real.

I agree that people have survived worse in Star Wars but it would take one hell of an explanation for why he wasn't in the OT, unless the show just kills him off again.

5. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    He comes back and finally kills Palpatine this time. But Palpatine just comes back as a clone. This clone is in fact the Palpatine seen in the OT.

Boba Fett finally kills Mace in revenge for his father.

Come to think of it, I imagine the very fact that a Mace return opens him up to the possibility of Death by Fett, and that if they had Mace alive and needed to kill him off they might just do it that way to please the Fett fans, allowing Boba to get his revenge... would be reason enough for AFS83 to be firmly against a return.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I honestly do not want Mace to to be in Rebels but as ever if he is it'll not surprise me at all.

8. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    <Gif of Michael from The Office repeatedly screaming "No">

Using TCW Maul as a template for SW resurrections:

First we'll be introduced to a long hidden Jedi named Bludgeon Breezo, the third black man in the galaxy and a carbon-copy of Mace. Breezo will befriend the dormant Windu after his missing hand is replaced with what else but an actual mace (maybe a lightsaber mace, just to blow the minds of 12 year olds everywhere). They try to hunt the Sith and die.

Let the dead stay dead, please. I don't think I could rebound from the disappointment of another contrived resurrection.

9. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Wow, a Boba Fett v Mace Windu spin-off movie makes so much sense to me. I am, maybe irrationally, really hoping this is the Fett film we get.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Mace Windu's long lost sister turns up in one of the live action spinoffs. She was a Padawan once, but dropped out of the order due to the disciplined monastic lifestyle not being for her.

Played by Danai Gurira.

Hey, she already has a bunch of sword swinging experience:

11. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    This is something I'm really torn on. I'd love seeing Mace return, as we never see Mace's dead body and people have survived worse in Star Wars (Maul for example). On the other hand, I don't want them to keep bringing back supposedly dead characters just for the heck of it. I'm sure they could fit Mace in pretty well if he was still alive and if need be even give him a good death to show him why he isn't in the OT (ask others have said, death by Boba could be pretty great if pulled off well).

If they end up bringing him back and it's believable, they make good use of his character, and they show why he isn't in the OT, then I wouldn't mind seeing him again. However, it's not something I really would want them to do.

Billy_Dee_Binks and pepoluan like this.
  12. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
  13. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    No. Although, I was warmed up to the idea of Maul's survival rather easily despite initially hating it, I don't want Jedi to get the same treatment. Maul surviving through his passion and hatred was fine for me, because that's what Sith are about. Anakin, who had no training in using the Dark Side survived being chopped up and burnt to a crisp, so why wouldn't Maul, who was trained in using the Dark Side for most of his life, be capable of surviving being cut in half?

Jedi are different. They're not driven by passion (yeah I know about the Vaapad ********, but thankfully it never actually existed), and they don't attach themselves to anything, particularly not to life. They serve the will of the Force. If their time comes, they accept it, instead of fighting it. Fighting against the will of the Force, or trying to bend it their own whims is the territory of the Sith. So I think Windu surviving through similar means would take away from his credit as one of the greatest Jedi Masters, and I really can't see him surviving by anyother means.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm totally in line with Werebazs. They ingrained the explanation for why Darth Maul was able to survive his injuries in the fundamental differences in Force philosophy between the Jedi and Sith, which is what made the whole thing worthwhile to begin with. You can't just turn around and let a Jedi do it too after that.

rumsmuggler and Lady_Misty like this.
  15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Billy_Dee_Binks and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Force Lightning messes with you. I doubt that Mace, who was still sparking after Sidious stopped electrocuting as he was thrown through the air would have been able to summon enough strength to slow his fall and land on a speeder. Mace could have already been dead when Sidious stopped.

17. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007

This actually quite awesome.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    If he was it would be the first known case of Force-lightning actually killing someone in onscreen SW. Based on what we've seen of it, FL is excellent for torture and making people writhe in agony, but quite inefficient for actually killing.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  19. TheNewEmpire

Aug 12, 2007
    Yeah, Luke got a LOT more in Jedi and recovered pretty quickly.

TheOneX_Eleazar and pepoluan like this.
  20. Werebazs

Werebazs Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2013
    Windu was glowing so brightly his skeleton was visible while Sidious fried him. Same for Vader. But Luke was not. So I always guessed, that Sidious was holding back on the lightnings in Jedi, because he wanted to kill Luke slowly and very painfully, while with Windu and Vader he just wanted to get rid off them.

21. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Still took a lot longer than a blaster bolt to kill. It didn't stop Vader from carrying him to the edge and chucking him over. A blaster bolt would have killed him instantly. FWIW, so would a bolt of ordinary, natural lightning. People who get struck by that usually die instantly too.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Windu did not fall out a window, he got half his arm cut off, bombarded in his skull by lethal high intensity electricity and force pushed through and thrown out the window & sent flying across the city over 500 feet a way crashing into buildings then taking a near endless fall down many thousands of stories down wherever his body ended up in its descent. The force push Sidious gave him had to have contained enough force to impact and break most of his upper torso bones eve before he crashed into any buildings and traffic. His brain would've been literary fried and dead.

The Sarlacc slowely digests you in its stomach. Mandalorians have all sorts of hidden weaponry and breathing equipment. Maul's wound was cauterized by the very lightsaber that made it - so he did not lose enough blood to die as most of his vitals were sparred and he was able to not fall into shock. Plus Maul is not a human, he's a Zabrak alien humanoid so what may be fatal to a human isn't to this species - coupled with the fact he's a Sith Lord that has powers "some consider to be unnatural".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Yeah. He dead. I never noticed his visible skeleton until now, but yeah...ouch.

If he did turn out to survive, I wouldn't go on an angry rant about the ridiculousness of it, because it wouldn't actually be ridiculous. I wouldn't choose to make him live though.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
  25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    At this point, I don't care. :p I'd say no but with Darth Maul's resurrection, who knows what could happen?