main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should Mace Windu return?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheNewEmpire, Aug 12, 2014.

?

Should Mace Windu return in Rebels?

1. Yes!

22.5%
  2. No!

67.6%
  3. Who is Mace Windy?

2.3%
  4. I still can't get over the fact that Mace returned as a giant trash Spider...

7.5%
  1. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    No, his survival would be even more implausible than Maul's. Mace was fried by lightning and propelled out a window. He was probably dead before he hit the ground. Also, there is no story to be told with Mace.

2. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    [SIZE=5,000,000]No[/SIZE]

Forum doesn't allow a big enough font size.

3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Unless he meets his Apprentice's Apprentice Kanan in Rebels, but Kanan can't even see right now so there really is no more story to tell with Mace.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  4. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I think the idea was that he died in RotS, but after what they did with Darth Maul, I don't see why he couldn't make a comeback. If they did it right it could work. They could show him fall after being zapped by Sidious but he somehow lands on a ledge somewhere and escapes, or is found and rescued by allies of the Jedi. He's definitely seriously injured and permanently damaged from what Pals and Anakin did, but he somehow managed to use his Force skills to just barely survive. They could even go the amnesia route, saying Mace lost his memory for a time. There are ways it could be done if they wanted to bring him back.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    You guys are still attempting this in your minds.. not only was his head attacked by lethal bolts of Force lightning, but Anakin also cut off his right lower arm and he was Force pushed into buildings and heavy traffic by Sidious. Now unless Windu comes back as The Crow and you have Vader or Anakin's ghost squirming and saying , "this is the really real world, there ain't no coming back. We killed you dead ..." . I won't buy it. Even if they do bring him back, he risks the chance of being killed off again that Maul risks at the hands of the production. If Filoni is to believed then thats twice he almost offed him again, once during "The Lawless" and again during "Twilight of the Apprentice". But he can always return again, its fiction. You have to ask yourselves what you believe and take that leap of faith. But in all seriousness, I kinda think they toyed with the idea of reincarnating Windu and Yoda in some concept art for TFA back when Darth Talon and army of Sith Lords that resembled Vong & Vaders were ideas. I think they do kinda toy with it from time to time, but more for lack of better ideas like in TFU when one idea had Windu as a Force ghost wandering around the sub levels of Coruscant that was kinda overruled by Lucas who favored a more original Jedi.

6. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    no mace is dead and any attempt to bring him back would be a bad idea getting hit by force lightning losing his arm and falling out of the senate tower = death. i can buy the whole maul surviving holding on to his hate like anakin to survive his broken body but not a jedi they embrace the force and accept death.

Erkan12 likes this.
  7. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

Seriously, if you're a fan of Mace then you would not want him coming back. It would make him look like he came back and STILL failed at stopping Vader, Palpatine and the Empire since he doesn't exist in the OT and is not instrumental in their demise. He died a hero's death, nearly defeating the greatest, most powerful with lord of all time and was betrayed by a fallen jedi. He stood his ground for the Republic he believed in and died protecting it with his final blows. Doesn't get more epic for a great warrior like Mace.

8. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Uh, no.

Maul was okay to bring back in my book since he was relatively one note in TPM, so by bringing him back, they were able to give him more development and personality. Mace Windu, on the other hand, needs no more development. We know exactly who Mace Windu is, what he's like, what his personality is, and what his views are. Bringing him back would be utterly pointless. Furthermore, it would cheapen ROTS and Anakin's fall because his contributing to Mace's death was the "final blow" so to speak in his turn to the dark side.

9. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    If you really want, you could give Mace a new storyline pretty well.

In my headcanon he takes youngling Ashla as his new Padawan. She saved him with a hiked speeder cab after his fall out of Palpatine's office. And after Ashla goes away after some years, he takes Maris Brood as his Padawan after Shaak Ti died on Felucia. Well, Shaak Ti was in contact with Bail Organa over the years. I wouldn't wonder if Bail would knew about Mace's survival to. They could have so many adventures together.

Just be creative! :D

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I suppose it is possible he survived since we didn't actually see him splatter on the streets of Coruscant. Still not sure I am down with that though. I didn't like Mace anyway.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Mace Windu should stay dead after ROTS- the end. But if Mace Windu would gain spinoff movie or something that would tell more about him before his death that would be ok.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  12. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    As much as I like Mace, I agree with what everyone else is saying-he should stay dead. Besides a movie, I wouldn't mind a new canon novel like Shatterpoint about him written by Stover or Luceno.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    A spinoff of young Mace as Yoda's padawan could be very interesting. Or then something with older Mace and young Depa Billaba- who is still his padawan in new canon I guess? Because Depa is Kanan's master it's odd that she was never seen in TCW and is left very unused character in new canon.

14. WattoIsAJedi

WattoIsAJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2016
    If Anakin can survive having his limbs chopped off and being burned by lava, I think Mace Windu can survive a little lightning :)

15. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    Yeah i am not a fan of that move mostly because it negates Shatterpoint. Which doesnt surprise me I dont think Filoni likes Mace Windu at all. Shatterpoint was right next the Thrawn stuff and Dark Nest in my book.

16. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Shatterpoint or something very similar still happened in the new canon as Depa did go off the deep end following a particularly brutal battle and ended up in a coma for some time afterwards - with the Council worried about the permanent effects on her. The actual specifics of whether Mace got involved and what he did are still up in the air but it's entirely possible the whole thing played out in a very similar way - though it would be earlier chronologically in new canon than Legends I think.

17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Harun Kal (spelling?) Is definitely named dropped in the Kanan comic. That was the planet in Shatterpoint if I remember correctly?

18. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Yep, Haruun Kal was Mace Windu's home planet depicted in Shatterpoint to the full. I still have to read that novel. Also because I'm interested in what the title does allude to. Mace's ability to spot and to focus on the weakest point in his opponent in battle in order to break him. I still have no concrete idea how that works.

19. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    Eh well the Force has plenty of special abilities in the Legends stuff.