main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Should Mara Jade exist in the nu Continuity?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarWarsFan91, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Isn't that what we do now?

Also, I'm not sure what's inflammatory here. I think any of that, if it ever existed, has gone.

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Darth Invictus there are several legends communities out there now already. Many of the people who inhabit those communities likely posted here prior to the reboot.

3. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I think there should be a whole new lit. forum for every time people disagree.

Mods, please create the Imperial Commando 2 lit. forum. That too is a discontinued story I was invested in. And since I feel strongly​ about it and others disagree, I'm clearly being oppressed.

Slater, jSarek, Daneira and 2 others like this.
  4. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

The plot summary for what the book was supposed to be about doesn't sound all that dissimilar to what we will be getting next season in Rebels. Just replace Clone Troopers with Rebels.

5. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    BBIC!

6. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I feel like she will be in Season 4 of Rebels and have a reference in The Last Jedi, even if she's dead. Too popular to let slip through the cracks.

7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Let's get real guys, in NuCanon, Rey's dad is surely Luke. Simply no other options. If that's the case Luke will have to have had a wife at some point. That will have to be explained. If you look at it this way, it just seems obvious it would be Mara. They've already brought back Thrawn, and Mara is just as loved, so when the story requires Luke having a wife, I'm sure they'll pick the fan-favorite character who perfectly fits the role.

Ryus likes this.
  8. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    There ARE other options other than that. In fact Rey being from a family we don't know yet makes far more sense in universe than her being Luke's kid. I think you are just paying too much attention to that thread in the movie section that is going on about 10 million posts now and will probably have 20 million by the time the movie comes out.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  9. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Fair, but I'm speaking from an out of universe prospective. There is no reason for them to keep her name a mystery, only for it to turn out to be something unfamiliar.

10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

There is nothing wrong with it turning out to be people we aren't familar with. And there is a reason to keep it a mystery even if she is a random and that is to get people talking. Which it has.

11. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    So you think the mystery will end up being a cop-out?

12. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

How would it be a cop out just because it is not what you are looking for?

jSarek likes this.
  13. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm just saying it would be strange for her last name to be such a mystery, and then reveal her name to be some random, meaningless name. Is Disney trying to make some kind of huge joke about our expectations? I doubt it. Anyway, let's not derail Mara's thread.

14. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

The only people that think it would be a huge joke for her to be unrelated to anybody we know are those that won't accept the idea that she could be unrelated. But yes let's not derail this thread. There is a thread filled with enough of that back and forth alrady.

15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    There's also the "Reincarnated Anakin" theory which has been floating around. Either that or the new Chosen One.

Which would make Rey Korra.

[​IMG]

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I always remember when TFA was coming out I got some Legend of Korra vibes from some of the trailers.

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  17. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Katie Lucas was one of if not the worst writers for TCW, in my opinion. Those interviews drove me insane as I watched them because I saw the thought process behind why Dathomir was changed... Ugh...

But, while it pains me to say this, that's canon now, and apparently a lot of people liked it.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Eh, I felt they made a really good set of stories.

Although it would have been interesting to meet the good Danthomir Witches.

It's a big planet after all.

Ryus likes this.
  19. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Likely the only reason she even worked on the show at all was because she was George Lucas's kid. Don't know what she is doing now but it doesn't look like she has worked in the entertainment business at all since TCW ended. Would have been interesting to see what Dathomir would have turned out to be like if one of the regular writers on the show developed those stories.

Riven_JTAC likes this.
  20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Katie Lucas owns as much of Disney as Steve Jobs did since a large chunk of Star Wars' billion dollar sale was in stock.

To say she's still in the entertainment industry is kind of understating things.

21. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I imagine George had her doing that so she could get some knowledge and experience with the "family company".

I doubt she wrote it with any enthusiasm for either the material or the brand. And no one is gonna challenge the boss's kid.

22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Eh, everything about Katie Lucas says she grew up in Star Wars. It's just she didn't have the take other fans did.

jSarek likes this.
  23. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    We should all just be thankful that George did sell Star Wars and the entire franchise didn't end up in the hands of his kids. I can't imagine what the movies would be like if they were having to follow storyline ideas given to them by his kids.

Ryus and Taylore like this.
  24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

By her own words, she was a big Ventress fan, and was inspired by Obsession.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Well if she was going through a "gothic" phase I'm somehow not surprised.