main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

should maul have lived?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Boba_Lives, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Lives

Boba_Lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    I know a lot of people say that Dooku should have been the other way round, ie that dooku should be in ep 1, but what if it was the other way?

Should maul have lived to face anakin as a half cyborg and become GG? Should Anakin want revenge for killing Qui-Gon, but not know that Qui-Gon was killed by this half cyborg ass-kicker and thehn this could have been the 'revelation' of the PT??

You could still have dooku as seperatist leader, but not a SITH, your thoughts.....

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Dooku had the intelligence, charisma, and street smarts to unite the separatist leaders and appeal to the masses of the galaxy. Maul was a scary face and a cruel fighter. Put simply, old tatoo face couldn't have pulled it off, he lacked everything which Dooku had.

My opinion is that Dooku should've been in both films. Maul didn't excite me at all, to me he was just an action figure. Dooku on the other hand is a complex character which adds to the story.

To answer your question, Maul should remain at the bottom of that hole in Naboo. Thankfully he never came back.

-Seldon

3. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Yes, he should have lived. It would have been great for the prequels as a whole.

Because Maul is killed in the movie, and Lucas confirms his death, people say he shouldnt have lived. Truth is, if he had lived and the question was asked "should he have died?" the question would be met as if it was the most absurd thing ever posed.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It was a good way to pump up the status of Obi Wan Kenobi to have him kill off such a skilled opponent.

5. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    it would have been great if maul had come back...but dooku did a great job...and i think that he is the only one that would have done what he did...Dooku was smart..

Maul would have been great if he did come back to face Obiwan again to get revenge...but they won't happen :)

6. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Why does people talk about Maul like he's some subhuman idiot? He doesn't need to be flashy and classy like Dooku to lead the Separatist. I'm not a Darth Maul fan by any stretch of the imagination but give the guy a break. He did Darth Sidious's bidding. If Sidious put him up to the same thing as creating a full scale galatical war, then Maul would have pulled it off.

7. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    I think Darth Maul should've lived because what better way to push Anakin further down the Dark Side than to pit him against the thing that killed his potential master, Qui-Gon Jinn. It would make Anakin's fall deliver a huge impact because he would've had the opportunity to avenge Qui-Gon's death by killing Maul and complete his descent to the Dark Side.

8. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

Either Maul or Dooku should have been in TPM and AOTC.

This villain of the week thing doesn't really work.

9. Boba_Lives

Apr 2, 2005
    I think he should have lived, and like one poster said about the whole anakin thing etc..

10. Boba_Lives

Apr 2, 2005
    I think he should have lived, and like one poster said about the whole anakin thing etc..

11. Boba_Lives

Apr 2, 2005
    whoops, double post.... sorry

12. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    Triple Post actually.

I don't see Maul leading the Separtists, not because Maul was an idiot, but because the way Maul was shown to us as being a ruthless killer. Dooku's character is much deeper, much more sinister than that. Dooku appears articulate and as dangerous with his manipulations as he is with his sabers.

The question I have is why Darth Maul? Why did we even get introduced to this Sith without knowing much about him, and then he dies soi quickly in the film. The only thing of importance Maul did was kill QuiGon, and the death of QuiGon was avenged moments later. I have always wondered why Maul had such a small role in the PT. But I still say Dooku is a much better character than Maul

13. Boba_Lives

Apr 2, 2005
    I agree Kenny T, why not Dooku all the way??

14. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    Maul shouldn't have lived he was cool and badass but he had no character what so ever, he is just some pissed sith while Dooku has character if Maul did then I say He should Have been Kept. Also theres the fact of something needed to make Obi Wan's status higher to be able to train Anikan.

15. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    It takes a certain tact, a certain charisma and a certain intelligence to lead a galactic alliance, and Maul wouldn't have been able to handle it. He wasn't a leader.

-Seldon

16. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    Now that you say that Seldon you make a good point Maul just wasn't the leader type.

17. Lord_Morningstar

Lord_Morningstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    I think that Dooku could/should have made an appearance in TPM, but as a good guy; his character would be improved IMHO if the ?fallen Jedi? thing could have been played up a bit more. In the meantime, another villain is needed, so Maul dying at the end of TPM to make room for Dooku in AotC works for me.

18. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Sidious going through a diffrent apprentice in each movie is there to drive home the point of Anakin being the strongest. Vader is the Sith Lord for three (maybe four) movies. Everyone else gets whacked because they just aren't that good.

So no, Mual should not have lived. On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of Dooku either. GL should have picked the Ventress design for the ep.II Sith Lord IMO.

19. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Ventress would have been awesome in one of the films.

20. steverodgers801

steverodgers801 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    If maul lived, dooku would have never been aproached and seduced. There is no way Maul could have pulled off the seperatist movement, it took someone with the authority and diplomatic skills of a master jedi

21. DarthJohnkenobi

DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2004
    Yes, he should have lived. It would have been great for the prequels as a whole.

[face_laugh]

22. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    I dont know, lets assume Maul was much smarter than we give him credit for. Hes confident, hes loyal, and he is ferocious. Theres a chance he wouldnt need to be "too" diplomatic, if he could show a "lead through fear and force" attitude. He could certainly lead from the front in an offensive attack. In fact I'd like to see what he would do to the clones.

He probably wouldn't be able to bring as much political clout as Dooku, merely because he was raised a warrior. But he could do almost as well, simply because he is following instructions from Sidious, which was what Dooku did. Though I'm sure the Trade Federation might not be happy with him, since I thought they joined against the Republic because of the Sith Lords.

Dooku was useful in that capacity since he wasnt known as a Sith to anyone, where Maul was known to the TF. But I believe he could pass out orders and deal out whatever physical means he needed to make others comply. Just because he has 2 whole lines or less in the movie, hes assumed to be an idiot. I highly doubt Sidious wanted a dunce as an apprentice. And I'm sure he could have pulled off something to gather systems against the Republic.

23. OB1KINOBI

OB1KINOBI Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    Yes he should have lived I'd rather have maul then Dooku, lets face it Maul is a bad a$$

24. yoda_jr

yoda_jr Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    i thought maul was the one of the coolest characters of ep.1. he was a cold blooded killer. but dooku had stratagy and tactics on his side. i think it would be great if maul had survived. but vader would have takin his place in the end, so it doesnt really matter i guess.

25. Darth_L-Heit

Darth_L-Heit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    maul dooku and grievous are supposed to represent the 3 parts of vader the ruthless murderer the smooth talker or perusavie talker and the half machine man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.