main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

should maul have lived?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Boba_Lives, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    What Maul was, I believe, was someone brought up purely to be a killing machine. Palpatine was trying to create the ultimate apprentice-someone who would do his bidding, bring down the Jedi, etc. Unfortunately, because he had had Maul since he was young, Maul was very one-dimensional. He only knew murder and darkness. He didn't care about anything else. In a way, Maul is kind of tragic, because he was basically Palpatine's slave creation thingy.

So then Palpatine thinks, dude, maybe I should corrupt someone who's already been around, rather than work with raw material.

2. Freedom_Fighter

Freedom_Fighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    no i don't think he should have lived. maul may have been a much much MUCH cooler character than dooku, but it's better for the storyline that he died. he was a very small character. he only had like two lines and his character wasn't really developed at all in the movie and the only real reason he was put in the movie was to fight obi-wan and qui-gon. i agree with the people that say dooku is a better leader. maul wasn't meant to be a big important character that could like lead armies and stuff, he was just put there to be a bada$$ that does the dirty work. dooku may be lame but he's a much better leader and he fits with the atmosphere of AOTC better than maul would have. as much as i like maul, i have to say it's good that he died.

3. DarthMaul-Em

DarthMaul-Em Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    I think it would have been interesting if he hadn't been killed.Would Dooku still have become Sidious's apprentice?Would Anakin have killed Maul for revenge?

4. Freedom_Fighter

Freedom_Fighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    i don't think Dooku is necesarilly palpatine's apprentice. i guess technically palpatine is his "master" because he works for palpatine, but i don't he's quite an apprentice. i mean look at how old he is. and he used to be a jedi master. nah, he's no apprentice, he's gotta be considered a full sith lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.