main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Should Maul's Fate Be Tied Up In A Book ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthTalgus, Aug 26, 2014.

?

Should Maul's Fate Be Decided In A Book

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    The more I think about it the more torn I am about how Maul's story arc should go. While I love the Mauldalorian aesthetic and the prospect of him controlling the most thuggish elements of Death Watch, I also like the idea of Maul descending back into madness as Sidious becomes increasingly successful.

Part of me loves the idea of a sequel era character stumbling across a deranged geriatric Zabrak mumbling about Sidious and Obi-wan while swinging the darksaber around.

Ghost likes this.
  2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    He's definitely a versatile character, which means they can go in a number of directions with his storyline. I personally wouldn't want him to go mad, after Talzin delivered him from it already. She sacrificed everything for him, so I think it would be fitting to see him rise above all his challenges. Talzin's powers likely allowed her to exceed a natural life expectancy, so the same could be true for Maul, allowing him to live into the ST.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Sorry for the bump but I just had to comment Maul hands down needs his own movie or to be in an Obi Wan movie

Hands down.

Saga Explorer and darklordoftech like this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Suspect he'll meet his fate in a comic.

Darth_Duck likes this.
  5. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    If he survives past The Clone Wars he should get a stand alone movie but with him not wanting revenge on Kenobi .

Mother_Talzin likes this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I suspect Seth Green and co. are going to have a field day with Maul if they ever get the chance. There were hints of it even in the Detours trailer -- Obi-Wan telling Qui-Gon to go haunt Maul and Yoda. Just imagine if Disney ever allows a Robot Chicken 3? (actually they might not even have to "allow" it... RC has been ripping Disney characters for years...)

And truth be told, I wouldn't be adverse to a Maul video game. A movie seems overkill, a comic seems underkill. A video game with levels on Dathomir could be pretty kickass.

7. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
    They should finish his story either in a book or comic. I just hope he won't appear in "Rebels". Maul doesn't fit into OT era. Leave him in the the Clone Wars era.

8. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    With how popular the character is, there is no reason they cant do all three. We can get the unaired Mandalore arc in comic form, a game based on his return to the SW universe in the CW era, and a movie to wrap the characters fate. I suppose it all depends on how much content they had planned and what Lucas / Filoni decided to do with him.

Barriss_Coffee and Saga Explorer like this.
  9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    He will probably die in Rebels.

10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I voted no, only because Star Wars, I think, works best as a visual medium. A comic book would be prefferable, as long as they try to cut out less material this time around :rolleyes:

However, my dream idea would be to have, say 4-8 episodes from each season of Rebels be used to complete TCW. I mean, Rebels is getting a longer second season, so why not make the Bad Bacth arc or the Bounty hunter arc or one of the Ahsoka arcs, or the Maul/Mandalore arc, instead of a bunch of shorts.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Maul in Rebels where he's fighting against the Empire (because he hates Palpatine that much) but his methods are too brutal for even the fledgling Rebel Alliance to agree with. Make him a wild card who makes enemies with everybody.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Darth__Syphilis

Darth__Syphilis Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2010
    I never cared for the character or his "further adventures", so I have no preference.

I would, however, bet big money on him showing up in Rebels at some point. Maul is extremely popular even with folks who don't like the PT, and Disney will most definitely capitalize on that.

13. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Darth Maul died on Naboo for me. End of story.

Kylun, whiskers and Zeta1127 like this.
  14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Maul's fate? I could have sworn Maul was killed by Obi-Wan Kenobi on Naboo in 32 BBY via a sai tok section and a subsequent fall down a melting pit.

Thuro likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jason Fry's Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy was what really sold me on the "return of Maul".

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    If Maul's survival would have been part of the plan from the beginning, not a random decision a decade later, I might have been more receptive to the idea.

whiskers likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Same could have been said about Boba Fett in Dark Empire (which was nearly a decade after RoTJ) - and without Dark Empire, we wouldn't have had The Last One Standing.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    The circumstances are completely different, Boba Fett is a resourceful individual with a jet pack, even though it was a damaged one, so his survival isn't as nearly as far fetched as Maul's survival.

Thuro likes this.
  19. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    well, apathy is death

worse than death

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That's an excellent point, and I'll be sure to respond to it seven months from now. :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Commenting again, but seriously we do not need every character who survived the Clone Wars to "meet their fate". Maul could easily live as Palpatine no longer sees him as a threat. He could live past Palpatine's death in RotJ. He could still be a major player in the story or go off and do his own thing, like retire. (Well, I used retire for lack of a better word.) Same with Ahsoka, Rex, Cad bane, ect. They do not need to die. I would love to see more of Mauls story either in a book or video game, however. Not television or a spin off movie.

22. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I don't know if his fate should be "tied up," but any further adventures would work well in a visual form like a comic.

23. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I thought it was clever. I'm so out of touch with this forum, my likebait posts get none and posts I make on the fly get them all. Damn you people.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The reason I except Maul coming back is this

Darth Vader
    Boba Fett
    Trench
    Echo

The list will only expand a character is not dead until they lose a head or get distinagrated or any other way you can kill someone without a sliver of doubt.

25. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing Maul pop up in a spin off film. I'm sure he'll likely factor into the future comics or novels that they plan to release that adapt the episodes of TCW that were scripted but never produced.

Mother_Talzin likes this.