Should Mod Squad Stop Doing Weekly MSUs?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby, Oct 13, 2010.

?

Should Mod Squad Stop Doing Weekly MSUs?

Poll closed Nov 12, 2010.
No way, I like reading weekly MSUs. 13 vote(s) 16.9%
Yes, weekly updates are unnecessary. Every two weeks, or even once a month is good enough. 19 vote(s) 24.7%
Yes, they are completely useless. Get rid of them entirely and stick to announcing things in separat 45 vote(s) 58.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    You mean I'm not the origin of all policy?
  2. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    If only it were that simple. ;)
  3. Jada Jedi Master

star 6
    For the love of the Maker you mods should be discussing the upcoming Celebration VI! It'll be here before you know it!
  4. Sauntaero Jedi Master

star 4
    Voted:
    As a more occasional user I appreciate the MSUs as a quick review of what's happened lately. However, I also wouldn't even notice if they were bi-weekly rather than more-or-less weekly.
  5. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I recommend giving colors to everyone who attended CV or ever posted in the CV forum and adding them to a private board so they can start planning the CVI forum. We will also need a budget to start commissioning artists for the table banner. :p

For regular users to get noticed for promotion and/or for ex-mods to get on soapboxes as per my post above. Duh!
  6. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Yeah, so on further consideration...
  7. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  8. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    What about Admin Forum Updates? I think we would all love to know about these discussions to figure out ways to encourage participation in MS...
  9. shanerjedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Voted. I like the dedicated thread idea.
  10. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight

star 8
    I think given the events of the past week, MSUs might still be worth be being made at least bi-weekly.
  11. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Perhaps, but all in the information that we needed to know about those events came in the threads about those events. A MSU thread about them would repeat information.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    But if progress is made on the (number of) issues recent events have raised, do expect people to wade though pages of "he said-she said" to find the new information?

13. DarthTunick SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    An update/recap could go just as easily in the last page of a thread.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:
  14. epic Ex Mod

star 7
    the stuff that's occurred within the MS would never have been reported in an MSU anyway.
  15. harpua Chosen One

star 9
    epic speaks the truth.
  16. Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod

star 7
    There really isn't a lot that happens in MS.
  17. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    No, but the results of whatever happens next can go in MSUs.

Tunick, if some policy update is posted 'in the last page' of an existing 8 page drama thread, it won't take long for that page to lose its last position.
  18. Champion of the Force Jedi Master

star 4
    But then again, the discussion subsequent to the update will have incorporated the latest details which a person can easily backtrack from if they so wish. There are plenty of long threads around the board where we do this with no problems.

Personally I agree with Tunick. The whole Grimby banned/Strilo demoted business is probably the biggest issue to come out in Comms in a long, long while. I don't think on it's own it warrants a sudden U-turn on getting rid of MSUs (assuming that was going to happen - the poll's in favour, most of the responses are favourable to their removal and the MS have hinted it was going to happen maybe), but that's just me. :p
  19. FlareStorm Jedi Master

star 6
    What do we call the current crisis(es)? StriloGate? GrimbyGate?
  20. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  21. FlareStorm Jedi Master

star 6
    We don't capitalize the g?

I agree that it looks better the way you put forward, just want to make sure I do it right.
  22. yankee8255 Jedi Grand Master

star 6

One would think it was only common sense that the Strilo demotion would necessitate a Comms thread announcing it. Except that we're talking about the MS and not a place where common sense, or even sanity, prevails.
  23. Darth-Seldon Jedi Master

star 6
    I voted for the end of MSUs.

Do Less.
  24. Champion of the Force Jedi Master

star 4
    ::bump::

Judging by LAJ's post [link=http://boards.theforce.net/communications/b10006/12420249/p121/?6019]here[/link], I take it that MSUs have now been formally ceased? :)
  25. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/communications/b10006/31336879/p1/?10]As was announced in this, the ultimate (last) MSU, yes[/link]
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.