main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Mods be the only ones to be able to create official threads?

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Poll forum' started by Gandalf the Grey, Oct 2, 2002.

?

Should Mods be the only one to able to create an "Official" thread?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes, only mods should be able to make official threads.

18.9%
  2. No, but all official threads must have explicit mod approval.

66.0%
  3. No, whoever starts a thread on a new topic should be able to make official.

15.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Next thing you know we'll need to fill out forms to start official threads and need a credit check before approval to become a member

That might help... ;)

2. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i think they should need permission before. Wedont want more "Official Anakin Threads"(although we love the guy ;) ) or "Official //enter book name here\\ discussion thread"

we might end up with a lot of them, mostly from newbies who dont know anybetter (which isnt entirely their fault). IMHO, its just a better idea than having everyone be able to do that.

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    It's much easier for mods to lock redundant topics (which is their job) than to require us to ask permission to create them. The mods will still have to lock the same redundant threads, but they would also have to keep track of requests for permission. They will also get a lot of flak and blame if multiple people make the request and they have to choose one, and risk alienating or irritating the others for not being special enough to start the "official" thread.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Regular JCers should be able to post Official threads, but only with mod permission.

5. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I voted No but with explicit Mod approval.

Anyone should be able to make an official thread, if they have the Mods' blessings.

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I think No, but only if the poster is given mod approval to start one.

7. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I was tempted to vote yes, but then saw the option to vote no, but with mod approval.

I think that all 'official' threads need to be vetted by the moderating team, as to not flood the forums with official threads, and create duplicates.

8. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    In theory it may seem to be a good idea, but I highly doubt it's going to work in practice.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I say let normal users create them, as long as they consult a Mod first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.