main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Should Monica Lewinsky be taken seriously?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Oct 21, 2014.

?

Should Monica Lewinsky be taken seriously?

1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

36.4%
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    She had the misfortune of being young and kinda dumb and taken in by a very powerful man who is famous for his charm. Oh, and she's a woman. That's the biggest thing. To hell with her!

(I like how David Letterman expressed regret for all the jokes he made at her expense. Doesn't change the fact that he made them, but I don't think there's any other famous comedian who has publicly stated similar feelings. Maybe it's because he slept with staff members.)

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yes, and Bill Clinton should be condemned more for practically being a sexual predator.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Convenient timing.

5. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    What's that supposed to mean? Republican conspiracy unleashed Lewinsky to sabotage Hillary in the primaries over a year from now and (more importantly for them) the general two years from now?

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Hillary's been in the news constantly since the Lewinsky scandal: First Lady, Senator for New York, Presidential candidate, Secretary of State, rumored Presidential candidate.

So when exactly is Monica supposed to come about about this to make it not convenient timing? In fact this is probably the best timing since Hillary probably won't announce for another few months.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It's a lefty thing. When you listen to right wing media you will note that anything is used even if they have to lie about it. In this case you have Lewinski who I assume is not a Koch puppet came out to make money and the right uses it to dminish anything Democrat and lay the seeds for any future need to diminish Hillary.

Hank Hill likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    You can write better than that. I've seen it.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    That is a hell of a sentence.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The more Monica Lewinsky changes the more her hairstyle stays the same.

11. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    It's so depressing that Clinton supporters can be termed "lefties" without irony.

12. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    No, she shouldn't be taken seriously. She's the Margaery Tyrell of White House interns.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Brace for impact.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If nothing else, I think she knew exactly what kind of reception she'd get by putting her name out there again. You don't do this kind of thing for publicity, especially since she's tried to stay out of the limelight for so long. It's certainly brave of her.

If Clinton can be forgiven (or overlooked), then she can too. People are venting their anger at Republicans and/or political scandalmakers on her. I've no opinion on her guilt or innocence in the actual affair or the subsequent public scandal, but it's been like 16 years.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Her claim to fame is giving Bill Clinton oral sex.

And this question needs to be asked?

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [face_laugh]

"Taken."

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

So should Bill Cosby, but Wocky don't care.

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Seriously, if she really wanted to torpedo Hilary's Presidential aspirations, she could have easily done it in 2008 when Hilary was neck and neck with Obama in the primaries.

She certainly wasn't 'innocent' in the sense that she knew she was sleeping with a married man, but as some have said, she was young and naive, and pretty much got taken by practically everybody around her at that time (from Bill to her 'best friend' who taped their conversations and subseqently put Monica unwillingly into the spotlight via the impeachment scandal that followed). She's pretty much stayed out of the spotlight for well over a decade now, so I'd give her the benefit of the doubt that she's geniounely wanting to help end cyberbullying.

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Regardless of her motives (we can guess, but we can't know), I also feel sorry for Hilary. It wouldn't have been pleasant for her at the time, either, and now it's dredged up again for POSSIBLE ulterior motives.

20. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Hillary screams "Benghazi" when she finishes.

21. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I wonder if I'd get into trouble for posting this (even though it does kinda fit the topic):

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I definitely have sympathy. Most young adults' bad choices don't result in national attention. She's been the target of a lot of vicious words, and I can't imagine that was nice for her.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Giver her a chance and hope she doesn't blow it.

24. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I still fail to see the huge hoobla this caused. Clinton and Lewinsky were two consenting adults. Let Lewinsky talk I imagine she would have a few things to say about bullying.

25. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    She was barely legal at the time, a college intern. When my daughters are that age, I hope they have bosses with a little better sense of propriety.

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.