Should Qui-Gon Jinn appear as a Jedi ghost?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Kit-Fisto7BA, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_BELO Force Ghost

star 4
    I would LOVE it if Qui-Gonn Jinn Came as a force ghost. It would be the COOLEST if he appeared to his old padawan-Obi-Wan Kenobi, to give him comfort and encouragement in his strife over Anakin betraying him...

Almost like, after all those years, he's still his fatherlike mentor...if done right, it could almost be a tear jerking moment in Ep. III.
  2. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know about a tear jerker, but YES i do think Qui-Gon should come back as a ghost to either Ani or Obi!!!

Stuff the whole idea of vanishing!

And it will sorta explain the "Anakin... Anakin, No!" in episode 2 i hope!
  3. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    I think it would be great if he came back to do pickups in March.
  4. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    That would work. Bens scene in RotJ lasted about a minute. I'd guess shooting a scene like that probably only takes a day.
  5. DARTH_BELO Force Ghost

star 4
    well, I said ALMOST a tear jerker...ONLY if it's done REALLLY well...
  6. QuiGonHrafn Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have always believed he should appear as a Jedi ghost. But I don't anymore. Why? Becuase in ANH Obi Wan is only a spirit voice. It isn't until Empire that he becomes a spirt ghost. I think Obi Wan will learn how to become a spirit ghost in the years between ANH and Empire. I want Neeson to be a spirit voice in EIII (communicate with Yoda/Obi Wan) but not as a ghost. Besides Neeson all but confirmed he won't be filming any new scenes but of course his scene may have been shot back in 1997.
  7. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I would love to see Liam in Ep 3.
  8. Obi-Ewan Force Ghost

star 4
    Giving comfort to Obi-Wan, maybe admitting to a mistake in recommending him, saying it should have been himself, not Obi-Wan, who had to lose an apprentice. (Which IS how it would have happened. Qui-Gon or no Qui-Gon, there would have been a Darth Vader.)
  9. GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think the ability to disappear and become one with the force depends on if the person was accepting death or not. The three that we have seen disappear (ob1, yoda, and vader almost) have all said lines that showed they knew death was upon them and they were ready to die. Ob1 saying he will become more powerful then Vader could imagine, yoda saying he isn't that strong in the force, and Vader making Luke leave him on the DS showed this. So no i dont think qgj will return as a ghost because he was struck down in battle.
  10. Obi-Ewan Force Ghost

star 4
    Vader was killed in battle too, although that could support your argument, since we never see him disappear, and Lucas's later statements notwithstanding, the reason it was never shown is that Anakin wasn't supposed to disappear.
  11. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    i believe that if qui-gon jinn had trained anakin, hewould not have become vader...obi-wan had no time at all as a jedi knight without a padawan, he was inexperienced in training someone...now, ido believe neeson should appear as a jedi ghost, someone probably has to show yoda and obi-wan how to do it... im sure if he appears, he will probably appear to obi-wan and try to comfort him(maybe even reveal the pregnancy?)
  12. Obi-Ewan Force Ghost

star 4
    Being inexperienced as a mentor does not guarantee failure, anymore than experience guarantees success. Look at Yoda and Dooku. Obi-Wan has spent two decades being a Jedi. Every Jedi has his first apprentice at some point, to demand an experienced Master for every student is a catch 22. Anakin's fall was his own choice, not Obi-Wan's fault. And it's a choice he would have made regardless of his mentor, given the emotional problems he's had from day one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.