main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Ray Park return for E3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by The_Anakin_Wannabe, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I'm not talking about Maul part 1 & part 2 either. I am of the understanding that Ray Parks helped Nick Gilliard in the DOTF. If I am wrong we might aswell lock this thread right now, but, if I'm not, would you like to see Ray Parks return and help Gilliard Choreograph the fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin? Or do feel that Gilliard will be able to pull of this tought assignment?

2. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    It would be nice to have him back in Ep III, but then as another character ...
    His fight with Ewan was superb !!!
    Maybe this time he could be a Jedi ...

3. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Well, the saber fights in AOTC pretty much blew. Ray Park should have stayed on as a fight coordinator/consultant.

4. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    TPM wont be beat when it comes to the choreography of the lightsaber duel but having Ray Park help would most likely be a good thing.

5. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    The role of Darth Maul made Mr. Park quite a bit more famous now than he was prior to the release of TPM. I would doubt that he would take a position on a film as soley its co-choreographer.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    yes, there is a draft in here!

6. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    I think the AOTC saber duel was awesome, but its editing brought it down. In DOTF, it did seem too choreographed, AOTC seemed real with the different saber syles.

7. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Ray Park is an amazing martial artist, and the duel in TPM was absolutely fantastic.

That being said, that duel belonged in TPM. The duel in Ep. III needs to be different, for the most part. I wouldn't mind a few "kung-fu" moves, but I don't think a few moves would be enough of a reason to hire Park, or for Park to take the job should he be given the opportunity.

8. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I don't think Ray Park the actor should appear in TPM. I would have no problem with him helping with the fight choreography but like Windy said it is doubtful he would do that without appearing in the movie.

9. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I can't see why he would want to take on such a role.

10. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    It would be nice if Park, thought some of the characters (one or two) the skills he know, so they can use it for the movie.

11. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    If Ray Park returns the the PT, it should be as a droid or maybe playing a Jedi Knight who we haven't heard of yet perhaps.

12. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Only If the Royal Gaurds Are Clones of Maul.... Force Pike Action!

13. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    May be do a cameo with no makeup.

14. NewGuy917

NewGuy917 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    TPM's battle was awesome, but the EIII fight should be the best of any, with the best dialogue too, so Ray Park should atleast be coordinator.

15. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It would be nice to see him return,but like Windy said,he is famous,at least a little bit

16. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i want to see warick davis back.

17. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    I only think fans would notice Ray if he was in E3. The general populace wouldnt have a clue, especially if they didn't dub his voice this time around.

18. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    defently he should be back for EP. III as a different character but man or man he is good at fighting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.